• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target - Buy 2 Get 1 free on all games (10/31-11/5) Uncharted 3, anyone?

Chairhome

EDIT:
Actually, 10/30-11/5, if a mod can correct the title please)
Saw it at CAG, courtesy of blu-ray.com

I'm tapped out on funds, picked up a few from the B2G1 at TRU last week.

Funny enough, it happens the same week every year at Target, I just noticed when searching to see if this thread had been made yet.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if preorders work? Any how, a winner is me.

Phenomic

Always on the wrong weeks!

Alas, it doesn't matter anyway. Since I'm only picking up Uncharted 3 I would have to split the cost with some friends. With tax would end up spending 43.33 per game and I have a Kmart coupin of 20$, so it pretty much evens out.

Curufinwe

If I hadn't already bought Batman I'd be all over this. But now I don't think there are two other games I want to go with Uncharted 3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Maaaan, this Holiday is going to be rough.
At least I personally know a Target employee. Discount!

overcast

Already got what I needed from TRU. Waiting on BF3 and getting Skyrim and Skyward this month. Will wait for black friday for other games.

Great for those who haven't played Batman and want UC3.

theBishop

Banned
Oh fuck yes. Other than Skyrim, this sale might be my only game purchases for the rest of the year. I still haven't unwrapped games from last year's B2G1. I've never had a game backlog this epic across multiple platforms...

damn. i hope they have shadows of the damned, space marine, and maybe DWG3. doubtful though, their selection is almost always lacking. i love the new games area layout they have now, but it's still slim pickins.

EXGN

Batman and Uncharted, here I come! Just need to decide on a third game - I'd get Ace Combat if I wasn't so sure it would be in the bomba bin in like two weeks. Probably go with BF3 or Resistance 3.

Mest30

Banned
Nice. I preordered and already paid in full ratchet all for one and uncharted 3. Havent picked up ratchet yet. Will get my money back from gamestop and go to Target with the same $120 bucks but leave with three games. And target is right next to gamestop.

Kusagari

Think I'm gonna hold out in case Best Buy does one the week after. I can't think of a third game after BF3 and UC3.

Week after I could add MW3 or Skyrim.

see5harp

This is great and all but if you are broke just wait for black friday. A few of the games you want may be down to $35 or $30.

robot

Awesome, was just saying how much it sucked that TRU's sale wasn't this week. Now I can wait a week and get even MORE games!

Barrett2

Don't shop at Target, how exactly does this work? Since U3 isn't out until 11-01, do I just have to go in there on 11-01 and hope they have Batman and BF3 still in stock?

AniHawk

son of a bitch. i wouldn't have bought batman at tru's thing if i knew this was happening.

i had my eye on sonic. might get uncharted 3 now if i can think of a third game. maybe ratchet & clank. or kirby wii since i have multiple controllers for that system.

yeah that looks good.

overcast

lawblob said:
Don't shop at Target, how exactly does this work? Since U3 isn't out until 11-01, do I just have to go in there on 11-01 and hope they have Batman and BF3 still in stock?
Yup, that's the idea.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I saw my Target had just one copy left of both Forza and Ace Combat. So, I bought both and am keeping them sealed. Hopefully they'll let me do a return/rebuy on Tuesday, and I'll grab Uncharted as my freebie.

Teknoman

I've already got Sonic Generations on preorder from D2D...Uncharted 3 comes out then so maybe I could do that, BF3 PC, and maybe Kirby Mass Attack?

Kusagari

Teknoman said:
I've already got Sonic Generations on preorder from D2D...Uncharted 3 comes out then so maybe I could do that, BF3 PC, and maybe Kirby Mass Attack?

You'd be screwing yourself over since your free game would only be $30.

witness

Going on sunday to get Battlefield 3 LE, I went by tonight to look and they had a decent amount left but not enough on shelves to the point where I feel comfortable waiting it out until tuesday (they probably have tons in the back...maybe), on sunday and then going back on tuesday to get Uncharted 3 and War in the North. I will ask though if they can do that when i'm there on sunday, shouldn't be a problem I hope.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
If you pay with a Target RED card (Target's credit card) you'll get an addition 5% off.

Kusagari said:
Target was extremely anal about this last year so I wouldn't bet on it.
Your can return it, but usually the discount is spread across all three games. So you'll only get a third off the regular price. You can't do an even exchange after the sale expires.

You can buy 3 games, return 2 of them, and it'll be like you got a third off the remaining game.

Kusagari

JJConrad said:
If you pay with a Target RED card (Target's crdeit card) you'll get an addition 5% off.

Your can return it, but usually the discount is spread across all three games. So you'll only get a third off the regular price. You can't do an even exchange after the sale expires.

You can buy 3 games, return 2 of them, and it'll be like you got a third off the remaining game.

Yeah, so not worth it at all.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
See You Next Wednesday said:
Preorders work. To the register, the preorder card nothing more than a coupon. You'll get your $5 giftcard as long as it isn't expired... 7 days after the games release, so don't sit on it too long.

wilflare said:
multiple copies of the same game possible?
yes

Top Bottom