• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (10/30-11/5) Winter is coming

So I should be able to order:

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Red Dead Redemption 2

and then return Battlefield for Watch Dogs 2 when it comes out? I already have BF1.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Red Dead Redemption 2

and then return Battlefield for Watch Dogs 2 when it comes out? I already have BF1.

No.
You can only officially return games for their return value which is a prorated amount written on the receipt.

If you whine and complain, they made do an exception. I don't ever do that personally.

majik13

So all I really want to buy is VR Worlds, which is 40 bucks. Is this deal worth it, if I order 2 60 dollar games, looks like Ill get 40 dollars off doing so. (because VR worlds is 40).
Or is there a trick to getting 60 off, buying 3 games Ill return? 20 off per game, and then somehow return all 3 and get a 20 credit off VR worlds? Im guessing no...

Ashhong

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Red Dead Redemption 2

Other than whining and hoping they return it, you could go in without a receipt and say that you lost it, and just want to buy another game. They will take down your info though and check for return fraud.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So all I really want to buy is VR Worlds, which is 40 bucks. Is this deal worth it, if I order 2 60 dollar games, looks like Ill get 40 dollars off doing so. (because VR worlds is 40).
Or is there a trick to getting 60 off, buying 3 games Ill return? 20 off per game, and then somehow return all 3 and get a 20 credit off VR worlds? Im guessing no...

The best you can do is order 3 $40 games and return/cancel the 2 you don't want.
That means you essentially got a discount of 33%.

majik13

The best you can do is order 3 $40 games and return/cancel the 2 you don't want.
That means you essentially got a discount of 33%.

figured, but it should be the same thing if I order 1 40, and 2 60 dollars game right? I just wont save more than 40 bucks either way. (After canceling, still 33% of 40 dollars)

So is this, or GCU a better deal? I wanna get FFXV for sure...

GCU is 20%, this is 33% as far as I can tell.

Palocca

For the Target Kids' Wish List app, try creating wishlists.

I had the same problem where the 10% off coupon wouldn't show after signing in, but I got the 10% off coupon button to pop up once I created my second wishlist.

I don't think the B2G1 works for pre-orders. Savings-wise, it's almost the same if you purchase from Best Buy, since you'll receive a $10 gift certificate if you pre-order FFXV. $47.99 - $10.00 coupon = 37.99

The way Target does their promo is they slash 33% off each game, so for one game it'll be 39.99. This is without the 10% off coupon.

Well that depends.

GCU alone is 20% off plus rewards points of 2 to 4% more. I'm not sure how much more Best Buy's credit card gives you but it's probably a few percent more.

Target is 33% plus possibly another 10% with the wish list coupon and 5% if you have a Red Card.

On that alone, Target is better. However, if Best Buy does their own B2G1, then the 20% will stack on top of the 33% off, so then Best Buy would be better in that case.

Nothing is really instant with plastic.

Well like I said before, if the temporary lack of credit is that big of a deal, you probably shouldn't be leaving money on the table. For me, I never come close to maximizing my CC, so it not being there for a day or so is invisible to me and a non issue. Probably because I don't leave money on the table. Cash would be instant.

Nobody else pays you to preorder, except for maybe best buy.

Eh, Target isn't the best place to preorder because of the crap they pull and they aren't the cheapest. Plus you lose that $1 in a world where nobody makes you pay to preorder and you lose the money you pay for that privelage.

Anecdotal, no? I have never been burned yet by target.

It's not an isolated case and it's the very nature of their preorder system. It has so many holes in it that you can easily get screwed with their system. They don't take your info, they don't tie your preorder to a specific store, and anyone in the department can easily given it away. I would never trust a preorder on them with something that is in low quantity. Their system is problematic.

You act like i got the bad end of a deal. 42 bucks for an 80 dollar game is still a great deal. Still a better deal than any store even with BB gcu.

Im perfectly okay with the deal I got. On the other side of things... i wonder if i can use the 10% again somehow. It says one time use only. :(

First off the deal isn't better than BB GCU. Titanfall and Battlefield 1 had $10 preorder GC and combine that with GCU, that came out to $38 a game. If they do their B2G1, then you'll pay $32 a game. You got an okay deal but you left money on the table for really no reason. If you like wasting money, by all means I can't stop you from that. I'm just trying to point out that nobody should be mismatching prices in this deal and should be getting at a bare minimum 33% off every game they buy if not more. Anything less is simply burning money.

JackEtc

Copped Tomb Raider, Titanfall 2, and Mafia 3 for PS4. 10% off kids wishlist app coupon made it like $38/game. Not bad!

Was split between Tomb Raider and Battlezone for VR but I'm guessing Battlezone will drop in price pretty fast.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Bestbuy has been doing their buy 2 get 1 deals in December for the past three years iirc. With 20% off you will get three games for $96 before tax which comes out to be $32 per game.

The way Target does their promo is they slash 33% off each game, so for one game it'll be 39.99. This is without the 10% off coupon.

Yeah one thing people may not know is that if you only want 2 games, you can return the 3rd game and keep the discount on the first 2 games. Same applies for just keeping 1 game.

In other words, each game is $40 so reduced by 1/3, you can return 1 or 2 games of the 3 and get each game you want at $40. This means the deal is worth doing even if you only want a single game.

I went a little crazy.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (XB1)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (XB1)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (PS4)
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Would have rather gotten Gears of War 4 instead of Deus Ex just because DE has already been on sale and probably will be again soon, but I really wanted the steelbook for GOW 4 (so went and picked that up at Best Buy afterwards).

When am I gonna play all of these!!??

Struggling right now trying to decide if I want to use trade-in credit at GameStop to pick up Titanfall 2, or just go whole hog and pick that up in addition to Skyrim and Xenoverse 2 at Target :|

I bought a Gears 4 digital code off someone from Gaf last night for $30. It's an Nvidia code (works with Xbox One and Windows 10) which can be a little annoying to get to work but it did work fine once I figured out where to go to get it to show up on my console. Just sharing in case anyone was going to pick that as one of their games and maybe wanted it digital instead and to save a few bucks.

Ashhong

Nice, just got 3 Battlefield 1s for $111 in store, and then 3 COD Deluxe for $148 online with the same code. Good deal if you ask me

edit: why does COD IW work on this deal but not FFXV :(

Layd Dly

Had a hard time picking out the 3rd game I wanted.

1. Skyrim
2. World of Final Fantasy
3. Dragon Quest Builders (was between this and Battlefield 1)

I opted against BF1 soley because Im still playing Destiny daily, and now have Titanfall 2 in the rotation and then I have GoW4 on the burner. I figured some RPG love was a nice change of pace.

SOME-MIST

I think they messed up my order which benefits me...

I used the 10% wishlist coupon. ordered odin sphere, twilight princess hd, and nhl 17 (the only games I want at this time). checked out with my order at $111.

I was charged $75 with nhl 17 and twilight princess shipping.
then odin sphere just shipped and I was charged $0.36. I think it was supposed to be $36. did this happen to anyone else? or was it a fluke?

Bestbuy has been doing their buy 2 get 1 deals in December for the past three years iirc. With 20% off you will get three games for $96 before tax which comes out to be $32 per game.

Not sure we can bank on that stacking though. They updated their Ts&Cs to specifically say it won't stack on Black Friday. I would be kind of surprised honestly if it stacked with B2G1

Copped Tomb Raider, Titanfall 2, and Mafia 3 for PS4. 10% off kids wishlist app coupon made it like $38/game. Not bad!

Was split between Tomb Raider and Battlezone for VR but I'm guessing Battlezone will drop in price pretty fast.

I went a little crazy.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (XB1)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (XB1)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (PS4)
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Would have rather gotten Gears of War 4 instead of Deus Ex just because DE has already been on sale and probably will be again soon, but I really wanted the steelbook for GOW 4 (so went and picked that up at Best Buy afterwards).

When am I gonna play all of these!!??

hmm... i cannot find rise of the tomb raider ps4 on their website. was looking for it earlier.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
First off the deal isn't better than BB GCU. Titanfall and Battlefield 1 had $10 preorder GC and combine that with GCU, that came out to $38 a game. If they do their B2G1, then you'll pay $32 a game. You got an okay deal but you left money on the table for really no reason. If you like wasting money, by all means I can't stop you from that. I'm just trying to point out that nobody should be mismatching prices in this deal and should be getting at a bare minimum 33% off every game they buy if not more. Anything less is simply burning money.
I bought the games after TF and BF1 even came out. There's no way for 10 dollar preorder. And BB was not doing a B2G1 sale at the time. It's like you're adding in impossible variables and anecdotal evidence to make your point.

You're really reaching man. And over ~10 bucks. I'm done with you. And halfway ready to put you on ignore.

spookyfish

For the folks who bought Dragon Quest Builders, did you have to pick it up at the store? I tried to order it on Sunday, but it's not available for shipping, and it's not available at any stores near me.

Layd Dly

For the folks who bought Dragon Quest Builders, did you have to pick it up at the store? I tried to order it on Sunday, but it's not available for shipping, and it's not available at any stores near me.

I had to pick mine up B&M but they only had 1 copy left after I grabbed mine.

On Demand

Banned
Does the 5% discount not apply if you cancel the other 2 items? Shouldn't the total be less than 43.35? Promotional discount says 19.99.

This is with 3 games using my red card.

VertPin

Hx6NmBX.jpg

My haul. :)

Only paid $89.98!

zma1013

Yeah one thing people may not know is that if you only want 2 games, you can return the 3rd game and keep the discount on the first 2 games. Same applies for just keeping 1 game.

In other words, each game is $40 so reduced by 1/3, you can return 1 or 2 games of the 3 and get each game you want at $40. This means the deal is worth doing even if you only want a single game.

I thought they stopped deal stacking with GCU this year though?

Ashhong

I wanted Dragon Quest Builders so i just added 2 random games to my cart then canceled after i ordered.

Ah misread your original post.

5% red card works just fine. I stacked that with the B2G1 as well as the 10% coupon. Are you positive you used your RED card?

discounts -$103.19
save 10% on wish list items
REDcard 5% Discount
buy 2 get 1 free on video games

On Demand

Banned
Ah misread your original post.

5% red card works just fine. I stacked that with the B2G1 as well as the 10% coupon. Are you positive you used your RED card?

discounts -$103.19
save 10% on wish list items
REDcard 5% Discount
buy 2 get 1 free on video games

Yeah it works when i have all 3 in the cart. But the order summary afterwards doesn't show it was applied. Unless my math is off.

psyfi

Banned
I can't think of three $60 games I want for XB1. Any ideas?

Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
????????

I'm not interested in Forza, Mafia, Fifa, Gears... I'd get a 3DS game but I want to take full advantage of the freebie. Hmm, maybe I'll go all 3DS games and just spend less overall.

I distinctly remember some of last year's black friday sale items that included Metal Gear Solid V, Mad Max, and Rise of the Tomb Raider selling for $30 dollars. So my question to anyone is if the remastered editions of Return to Arkham, Bioshock, and Dragon Quest Builder will fall under these deals.

I'm certain that Toys R Us and Best Buy will have their own deals for the holidays. The only question is whether their deals will be before or after some of the upcoming games scheduled. Right now, I'm interested if Dishonored 2, Watchdogs 2, Final Fantasy XV, Dead Rising 4, and Last Guardian will be worth consideration.

Top Bottom