• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (11/8-11/14)

VinFTW

Be sure to buy AC Syndicate on BF and return it to Target to get it cheaper. It's as low as $28 at Best Buy.

No you can't do that. It says all items must be returned to get all your money back but if you look closely it also tells you what each game has a return value of individually. You'll get $40 back per game.

No, you'll get $40. So you'll get $40 towards Battlefront.

Well, I guess I have to decide if the PS4 version of Battlefront is worth $20 more than the X1 version. 900p vs 720p.

is there anything stopping people from returning a game after the sale ends without a receipt for 60 dollars in store credit? You know, other than morals.

IrishNinja

damn...was hoping BB would do this, ive gamer club rewards + a credit card with them that they're good on the interest with...no chance they'd match?

damn...was hoping BB would do this, ive gamer club rewards + a credit card with them that they're good on the interest with...no chance they'd match?

Somebody either earlier in this thread or in some other thread said that Best Buy usually does a B2G1 in December. So, if we can get some more confirmation on this, there ya go.

poonhound

Neo Member
Somebody either earlier in this thread or in some other thread said that Best Buy usually does a B2G1 in December. So, if we can get some more confirmation on this, there ya go.
Best Buy did theirs last year the week of 12/7 so I'm pretty sure it'll be the same time this year.

They've done it once in December and that was last year. Usually it takes place in mid October. There's no pattern yet for December. The only pattern is they do it once a year during the Fall. There's always the chance that they don't do it at all.

is there anything stopping people from returning a game after the sale ends without a receipt for 60 dollars in store credit? You know, other than morals.

Well other than morals it's frowned upon around here since it's fraud and illegal.

Best Buy did theirs last year the week of 12/7 so I'm pretty sure it'll be the same time this year.

They've done it once in December and that was last year. Usually it takes place in mid October. There's no pattern yet for December. The only pattern is they do it once a year during the Fall. There's always the chance that they don't do it at all.

Provided Best Buy doesn't exclude Nintendo games like last year...

Thanks guys. Basically, we don't know what will happen, just that it's highly likely that they'll have one next month. Might be safer to go with Target now, if you want Nintendo games.

I think I'll take a trip down to Target today to try to get the price match from GS on Bayonetta 2 with some presents for other people.

kaskade

Until dawn came in. Just waiting for Black Ops and AC: Syndicate now. I think AC should be here today too according to the tracking. Guess we'll see when the mailman arrives. Went from having no games to play to having Fallout, Black Ops, AC and Until dawn.

Having a hard time picking 3 games... I know I want Yoshi's wooly world mostly because of the amiibo (and the good impressions). Thinking about getting Assassin's Creed Sindicate, I haven't actually played any of the previous games but I'm into adventure/stealth games. Things get even harder picking a 3rd title. Thought about COD BO3, haven't played any COD but I like FPS. Not really into multiplayer and hearing the campaign sucks make me not being sure about it. Also thinking about Fallout but I haven't played any Fallout game and I'm not really into RPGs.

MGS was another option but I have a friend who's willing to let me borrow it.

#FirstWorldProblems

Wasn't really looking at this but now you guys have me thinking MGSV, Fallout and AC Syndicate would be a good pickup (or sub Yoshi for one). Damn you. Probably will just wait til BF since I am working that day and will be staring at my computer anyway.

Edit - now that I look at the BB BF ad, MGS and AC plus a full price Fallout only costs $10 more compared to this, counting GCU...which seems weird.

Teemo

Banned
Make sure you guys download the wishlist app on your phone to get 10% off. It works on the b2g1 deal. If you choose 2 $60 games, that's a $12 discount ($119.98 x 10%).

Target will price match whatever game you want, list of retailers they pm is online. It will not work with the b2g1 deal, so no pm and b2g1. One or the other. It is store policy, but it won't hurt to try as I read some people got the pm and b2g1 deal.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Picked up the following for the PS4 today:

Metal Gear Solid V
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Fallout 4

True story. Me and another guy were waiting for an employee to get our games out from behind the locked case so we could purchase them. The other guy also wanted the same three games, except for the Xbox One. lol

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I took the plunge today, to pick up the one game I really wanted, Lego Dimensions. Ended up getting it for around 61 dollars. Had the 10% off coupon from the wishlist app, so I bought 2 copies of LD, along with a Guitar Hero, paid for them in electronics, which ended up around 192 bucks. I then walked to the service desk on my way out and returned one copy of LD, and the Guitar Hero, with 131 dollars credited back to my credit card. BOOM, LD for 61 bucks. Pretty easy, and a great game to boot...

Top Bottom