• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target doesn't know what a Wii U looks like

pikablu

hahahhahahha this is hilarious and absolutely true about what the general conception behind the console is.

NV6gI.gif

So funny in retrospect.

dysonEA

Seriously people? took you a while to realize what was wrong with the pic? Its so blatant! Target should fix the add :(

I cringed when I saw that image. Wii U looks pretty different than Wii.

Iwata is still having nightmares over the anguish the horizontal only Wii design has caused.

If it was not for that consumes might know it is a different system.

Had to do a double take to see what was wrong.

Pretty much indicative of what's wrong with the WiiU. And yet, before it released, I remember people saying this was actually a good idea, arguing that it was playing on the brand recognition and that it was stupid to throw the name and branding away when it worked so well with the Wii...

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Damn wtf gaf! No matter how bad nintendo fucked up, no one on this board should mistake a wii u for a wi lol!

I had too look 3 times to figure out the problem. At first I did find it odd they talked about it having nintendoland yet shows the pikmin logo on the gamepad. I looked at it again still couldnt find anything else odd. Then the third time i looked more at the console and thought what is the op talking about and saw the wii logo. I already knew that they looked similar and yet it still took me 3 looks to figure out the console was different despite being told lol. If it was a side view or top down it be easier since wii uis longer

How the hell did nintendo not see this coming after the 3ds confusion early on is beyond me. Thats reason enough to fire anyone involved with naming and marketing this system.

I think it was supposed to be a selling point.

>backwards compatibility
>full support of the different controllers of the Wii
(and I would bet money that U means "update)

Too bad the Wii hype died some years ago and no one cares about to update their Wii setup.

Yawnier

Banned
so you telling me

it's not an add-on for the Wii?

I feel sorry for the Target employees who might have to put up with that question a few hundred times.

"Hey there young jimmy, that Wii U controller is that an add-on for the Wii? You know, that motion console that has been sitting in the closet with your furbys and digimon cards for the past 5 years? Lets go ask that Target salesman for help over there."

Liamario

Banned
How big of a problem do people think this is? I think it's definitely a factor, but I'm unsure as to how relevant it is.

Aytrial

To be fair, despite all the criticism I give people that don't know what a Wii U is, I didn't know what the console itself looked like either. Very familiar with the Gamepad though.

Garryk

I don't know about Target, but when my company gets an ad in the Walmart circular, we provide the photo.

Imagine if someone at Nintendo sent this, lol.

ElRenoRaven

You know what the saddest part is. Most of us saw this coming. We were told that no we were delusional and that people weren't this stupid to mistake a WII for a WII U and the controller as an add on for the WII. Sure enough that's exactly what is happening.

Nintendo has done an absolutely awful job with this console. They haven't advertised it worth a shit and when they have it's been focused on that damn controller. Then their support themselves of it has been awful. So they have nobody to blame for this but themselves. I love Nintendo to death but I hate how arrogant they are. They simply have refused to learn from their mistakes and drop the attitude they have. It's what's truly slowly killing them.

/rant over

Top Bottom