• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target online top 3 selling items during Thanksgiving: iPad, Apple Watch, and Wii U

Gaspard

Went to Target yesterday for an Xbox One and while I was in the electronics section a few people asked for the Wii U bundle, they were out.

EthanC

Banned
Went to Target yesterday for an Xbox One and while I was in the electronics section a few people asked for the Wii U bundle, they were out.
Target setup huge sections of Xbox Ones and PS4s. They all sold out where I live. There was no in store setup for Wii U however. Again, if you wanted the special deals on XB1 or PS4, they forced you to go to the store.

khaaan

Nintendo did a good job advertising. Instead creating a commercial starring one game they have an ad that shows more or less all of their holiday lineup + Splatoon and Smash. The bundles they have for the Wii U are pretty great too. Nice to see a little bit of good news with the Wii U.

What Ipad deal was there? I only saw a $100GC for $399.

Also I can't see this continuing, there is no way they could outstock PS4/X1 for the holidays.

EthanC

Banned
I bet quite a few people were waiting for the holidays to buy one.

Besides, I just checked and they have a model that comes with a $100 target gift card.
Yep. Lots of great deals on Apple gear. I got an Air 2 and they threw in a 150 dollar gift card plus a twenty percent off coupon for next week.

Apathy

Target Electronics guy here, our stock of Wii U got destroyed. They sold out nearly as quick as the Xone despite us having way more stock.

Still, nobody wants the Animal Crossing Amiibo. Our restock of Splatoon Amiibo went pretty quick though.

What was the wii u deal?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The NX is not coming next year.

At least the NX handheld form factor is 90% coming, though (more than 5 years since 3DS released). Also, I think more and more the home form factor will be released in 2016 as well, but that's another story.

jax

Banned
Three awesome products that would normally be less popular...

Maybe now people will see how dope they all are. I couldn't live without my iPad, Watch and Wii U.

Nintendo did a good job advertising. Instead creating a commercial starring one game they have an ad that shows more or less all of their holiday lineup + Splatoon and Smash. The bundles they have for the Wii U are pretty great too. Nice to see a little bit of good news with the Wii U.

I'm kinda curious - is the ad uploaded anywhere?

Otherwise, interesting bit of news, wonder if other retailers have had similar results.

AdanVC

Target Electronics guy here, our stock of Wii U got destroyed. They sold out nearly as quick as the Xone despite us having way more stock.

Still, nobody wants the Animal Crossing Amiibo. Our restock of Splatoon Amiibo went pretty quick though.

Excellent news! Splatoon is the game that keeps delivering. But damn what's happening with the AC amiibo? Maybe is the horrible game that comes bundled and nobody wants to buy it?

iPad I knew would take Black Friday after seeing it sold out at Sam's Club. Apple Watch surprised me since the discount was only $100 Gift card. Wii U not that surprising since kids were waiting for the right price.
Target advertising is mainly kid focused so take that into account.

massoluk

Banned
It is a pretty damn awesome deal. I would have bought a similar deal if it included Mario Maker for my sister (one of the detached audience from NES & SNES days, she would have so dug Mario Maker).

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o2_500.gif

Top Bottom