• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarsier Studios (LBP VITA) announces New IP "Hunger"

Bundy

Banned
ufJCPa4.png

Today, at the Nordic Game Conference 2014, we were awarded 500.000 Danish Kroner (67.000 EUR) in development support from the Nordic Game Program for the concept of our new IP ‘Hunger’ (working title).

‘Hunger’ is a third-person 3D action adventure game with stealth and exploration elements. A nine-year old girl named Six is kidnapped from her home and taken to work in The Maw – a surreal underwater resort catering to the whims of the powerful elite. When an unexpected twist of fate offers her a chance at freedom, Six takes a journey through the bizarre and unpredictable world of The Maw, and catches a glimpse at the corrupt heart of modern happiness.

“This is not only a huge vote of confidence from the Nordic Game Program expert group,” says CEO Ola Holmdahl. “The grant enables us to explore an idea we are deeply passionate about. Hunger holds fantastic potential, and our job now is to harness that promise into a great experience.”

Link

Update
There's no word on platforms, but Tarsier did sign a first-party deal with Sony back in 2010 on an unannounced project. Also, today's press release notes the studio is "working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment," although that's not specified as relating to Hunger.

Update 2:
Super excited about this!

As mentioned earlier, we are currently aiming to make it a downloadable title for PS4. I can't say more than that and what's in the blog post, but it's really encouraging to see that you guys like what we've revealed today.

Empty

their littlebigplanet game was brilliant but it'll be interesting to see them tackle a radically different tone

OldRoutes

Oh man, I love this era of Indie Gamers. I'm excited about all those unique titles being announced right next to the Call of Duties 28! :)

Shin-Ra

Didn't Tarsier split in two? I'm still confused about that.

First thing I thought of from the concept is Abe's Oddysee.

City of Metronome, a PS3 game stuck in a developement limbo announced at the beginning of last gen.

It was never announced for PS3 (or any other specific platform, for that matter), their partnership with Sony came about after The City of Metronome had already been put on indefinite hold.

Bundy

Banned
Sony is never mentioned, and the fact that they got funding from the Nordic Game Program makes me think this will be on the PC.
=
There's no word on platforms, but Tarsier did sign a first-party deal with Sony back in 2010 on an unannounced project. Also, today's press release notes the studio is "working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment," although that's not specified as relating to Hunger.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios

As mentioned earlier, we are currently aiming to make it a downloadable title for PS4. I can't say more than that and what's in the blog post, but it's really encouraging to see that you guys like what we've revealed today.

Bundy

Banned

Thank you for the update :)
(in the OP now)

Am I allowed to ask:
Is it a PS4-only game?
Or has the Sony deal (years ago) nothing to do with "Hunger"?
Aaand is the exclusive first party deal with Sony still going?
Oooooor Option 3: You can't talk about it :D

Top Bottom