• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarsier Studios Out-there puzzle mystery Statik announced for PlayStation VR

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d76izN32YSE

Have you ever woken up in a strange room, with your hands stuck in a strange device, while a strange person asks you strange questions? Of course you have! The rest of you… please don’t feel bad, Statik is coming soon, and it’s coming for people like you!

Statik is a VR puzzle-mystery, where you join Dr Ingen and his delightful assistant Edith on a journey to unravel the complexities of the human mind. Awakening to each new day with a unique, hand-mounted puzzle device to solve, you must use your brain, eyes and ears to solve each mystery. Except… this is VR, so it’s hard to know whether you can trust any part of yourself. Our money’s on your brain!
VR is full of potential for new approaches to gameplay and storytelling and, for our first go at it, we didn’t want to take the easy way out. We wanted to develop a game that felt both fun and substantial. Something that is more than just a novelty. It took a lot of very strange late-night discussions to come up with the concept for Statik, but we feel that we’ve found something that achieves our goals… and adds a few extra things that we’ll pretend we meant all along!

Being just a small team hidden away at the dark end of the office, we’ve had the chance to try out all sorts of weird ideas! Some of these ideas have ended up being terrible, and were rightly slaughtered, but some of them survived, and Statik is all the better for it.
Still, just because you’re told something, doesn’t mean you should believe it. That’s why we want you to try it out for yourselves. Starting off with E3, we’ll be taking Statik to as many events as possible, giving you the chance to hold it in your hands, see it for yourself, and make up your own mind! Most importantly of all, we want you to tell us…
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=740891708221587456&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Always interested to see more games from Tarsier. They made my favourite LBP and have done great work over the years without ever really getting much by way of recognition. I'm still waiting on more news on Hunger though.

Shin-Ra

Bring on the puzzle game revolution!

Seems kinda like The Room, with tips in the background to help. Maybe not always such obvious solutions.

PulseONE

The box over your hands thing is cool idea, seeing as that's how your hands would be holding the controller

Shin-Ra

All the interactive parts of the box must be pre-mapped to parts of the controller so there'd be less discovery on the box, more solving focus.

yesss i can't wait to see gameplay. the puzzle box reminds me of KTANE a bit.

so glad Tarsier is apparently doing well! i'll gladly enjoy their releases until we get Metronome... ;)

Shin-Ra

This is what's inside the box. ;)

StatikControlE.png

StatikBox.gif

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ha, love the idea. I believe Capcom's "Kitchen" also used this kind of disposition where your hands are tied in the game (and you're holding a controller in real life). Really awesome to see a puzzle game made out of a concept like this.

Shin-Ra

There's a couple of box and connected equipment designs in the screenshots.

27261900130_99d64ef62f_o.png

27261900010_0653b4031a_o.png

27261900250_999c5b7eb8_o.png

27261899930_f68b2411ca_o.png

Laser projection onto the card.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This looks great.

But I want more Hunger as well :(

Wollan

This seems pretty cool and well executed. There's a variety of different VR 'escape room' experiences popping up all over.

This looks cool and their Little Big Planet for vita is awesome agreed. Didn't they have some city game oh the city of metronome sadly still awaiting a publisher. Ok eell anyways these folks make good stuff.

Top Bottom