• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

D.Lo

Dali said:
Agreed. I'm not nearly as big a fan of Tatsunoko characters as I am of Marvel IP's so the fanservice ("One for J.J.") on the non-Capcom side that made the MvC series so awesome will be lost on me. The characters still look cool and all, I just won't be able to enjoy them on the level of more familiar characters
Yeah, it''s also weird to see 1990s Chun Li versus 1970's Battle of the Planets, pretty much my only connction with the Tatsunoko side.

Still, artistically and even graphically this looks great.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
HOLY SHIT, looks better than i thought! thanks for the pics!!!! *love!*

smbzw6.jpg

this Chun Li looks tons better than the fugly version in SFIV

Teknopathetic said:
Art style shames SF4.

For reals. I want this game nao

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dante, Vergil, Nero, Samanosuke, Viewtiful Joe and Gene from God Hand oh and not forgetting Amaterasu from Okami.

lupinko

TreIII said:
Beyond that...everything looks like something that the DREAMCAST could do on a good day (wouldn't surprise me if the board powering this game actually did turn out to be Naomi-based, some how).

The only board Capcom has licensed right now for main use for arcade games is Taito Type X2, they are still on the hook for working on System 256 because Banpresto outsources Gundam Vs. work to them (and most likely Capcom will move to Namco's PS3 based arcade hardware when they do the next game). Sengoku Basara X was built on System 256 as well for the quick (and I mean really quick, Arcade release was April of this year, the PS2 port is June of this year, also SBX was outsourced work to Arc System Works, so the game isn't even Capcom to begin with really) PS2 port.

If this game is Taito Type X2 (which it probably is), expect it to be on PS3 and probably X360.

And because of the Tatsunoko licence this is pretty much guaranteed to not come out in Western territories due to licensing issues.

But for PS3 owners (if this is heading to PS3) can just import. ; )

TreIII

lupinko said:
The only board Capcom has licensed right now for main use for arcade games is Taito Type X2, they are still on the hook for working on System 256 because Banpresto outsources Gundam Vs. work to them (and most likely Capcom will move to Namco's PS3 based arcade hardware when they do the next game). Sengoku Basara X was built on System 256 as well for the quick (and I mean really quick, Arcade release was April of this year, the PS2 port is June of this year, also SBX was outsourced work to Arc System Works, so the game isn't even Capcom to begin with really) PS2 port.

If this game is Taito Type X2 (which it probably is), expect it to be on PS3 and probably X360.

Don't forget the FATE game, "Unlimited Codes". That's also Capcom, even if they gave it off to 8ing for development. It's also on the 256, so if this cross-over game was another 256 project, that make for a total of three 256 games. Good enough to serve the purpose of gaining money to suit development of possibly other bigger and better things on the TX2.

Like many other companies, I'm sure Capcom sees that there's profit to be had by squeezing every last penny/yen from the PS2 market, before it dries up completely in about another year and some change.

That's why, at least to me and a number of others, the writing's on the wall for this game to be probably a 256 game, as well. A game that was made on a short development cycle, on a cheap board, for easy and quick distribution and then probably a quick console port job...? That sounds like Capcom all over (again).

Logically speaking, there's no real reason for this game to be on the Taito X2, and thus not on the PS3. Why spend more money than necessary, and possibly cut into profits because of limited distribution and people not being able to buy the game, because the adoption rate of the PS3 and TX2 alike is still in its relative infancy?

So again, I just say, examine the source. This is a cross-over game. A game that Capcom will want many people to play. Look at the graphics...it's not exactly something that screams "HD" in any sense of the term. And then look at Capcom, veritable kings of knowing how to play their chips when it comes to things like this.

All of this just screams a quick-n-dirty arcade run, followed by a hasty PS2 port to get as many profits as possible. SF4 is already a big enough drain on their funds, so I doubt that they would want to have two...

TreIII

Kusagari said:
If it doesn't have Phoenix Wright, we riot!

I could get behind that kind of notion. PW would probably be a fun and inventive character, if they had enough imagination.

If nothing else, his funky hairstyle would fit right in with a lot of the Tatsunoko side, who probably will seem eternally stuck in the 60-70s. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Usually in Fighting game announcement threads, I list all the characters I really want in the game but...they already put in Ken from Gatchaman and Casshern.

I actually don't need anyone else.

Tenbatsu

Mefisutoferesu said:
Well, in fairness though, the people in Ookami has tiny legs, so the scales won't match up properly, but it doesn't matter... broken or not Amaterasu SHOULD be there. I demand it! >:|
C'mon, you guys should know better who Amaterasu fight along side with.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
EverSoTrendy said:
She's alright, but I've only seen like one pic where she's drawn decently. Other than that, Alpha Chun Li wouldn't be a bad choice either
http://www.superpouvoir.com/Team/Marv/Chun_Li_Legends_Cover_by_Omar_Dogan.jpg[/IMG]

I love Omar's work.

Agemo_GB

Neo Member
For my first post all I will say is that I....JUST...WANT...DANTE!!!!

Also I really hope this comes out on PS3 cause I can just go and buy it with no problem hehehe :D

robor

Alright, any previous Capcom Vs. game is now obsolete. Seriously, Tatsunoko is a DREAM company for a Vs. game, its just too fucking surreal for it to be true, but it is....woah, awesome.

kazuo

turk128 said:
Of all the new SF stuff I've seen, this is the only one I want to play immediately after seeing the pics.

Well, this one's gonna blow you away.

1188707699583.jpg

KelloggsvsCapcomCaseWork.png

OH SHI---

In all seriousness, here's a few Tatsunoko characters for those of you unfamiliar with them that will likely show up in the game.

388878625_b94eda45e7_o.jpg

Characters from Genesis Climber MOSPEADA
Although the show featured transformable fighter jets and other sorts of cool robots, most likely we will see these guys. The armor the guy is wearing transformers into a motorcycle. Pretty cool, huh?

A1432-7.jpg

GOLD LIGHTAN.
This one will go over well with the 4chon most likely, given the manner in which his name is spelled.

A1746-11.jpg

Yattaman. Already visible in the screenshots, as you can see. Someone's gonna be playable.

KarasImageC.jpg

Otoha from Karas. Most likely other characters from Karas will be playable as well.

samurai_pizza_cats.jpg

Samurai Pizza Cats. Already mentioned by many, but they're fucking hilarious so I had to add 'em in.

shulato2.gif

Shulato.

Either one, or both versions of Tekkaman... (this is a no-brainer; he's a LOCK)
tekkaman.jpg

Either the original version, Tekkaman....

tekk-blasterblade.jpg

Or the 90's revision, Tekkaman Blade (some of you may remember this as TEKNOMAN).

And here's some characters/shows you will NOT be seeing, so STOP bringing them up!

evangelion.jpg

Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's a pipe dream. GAINAX owns the property; Tatsunoko only animated it.

macross.jpg

Macross. Same boat as EVA; Tatsunoko animated it, but Big West/Bandai owns the property.

also KYYYAAAASHYAAAAAAAAN~

kazuo

Furret said:
What character is this?

KYYYAAAASHYAAAAAAAAN

aka Cashaan (if you remember the Streamline dubbed version like me) or Casshern (if you're familiar with the very recent live-action Japanese film).

Either way he rocks your socks.

Casshern & Flender vs Mega Man & Rush.

BELIEVE.

wow I'm still awake. I hate finals

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Blablurn said:
ah yeah at least evangelion. well ive not been into anime recently. just quit naruto, because of the fillers, death note and monster are long ago. :(
(and those mecha things have never been my world, bokurano was nice, though)

Uuuuh...Tatsunoko was famous in the 70's and 80's. :lol

LiK

which version of mega man guys? old school version is a no-brainer but i'd like to see the X version in it as well. :D

3089te1.jpg

Dare da, dare da, dare da?!
Sora no kanata ni odoru kage
Shiroi tsubasa no Gatchaman
Inochi wo kakete tobidaseba
Kagaku Ninpo Hi no tori da

Tobe, Tobe Tobe Gatchaman!
Yuke! Yuke yuke Gatchaman!
Chikyuu wa hitotsu! Chikyuu wa hitotsu!

Oh Gatchaman, Gatchaman!!!!

This is SO awesome Ken the Eagle in a fighting game!!!! By Capcom!

All I have to say the the Gatchaman Song had better be his stage music or I will be pissed.

TreIII

LiK said:
which version of mega man guys? old school version is a no-brainer but i'd like to see the X version in it as well. :D

Unfortunately...the thing about X? He wasn't nearly as popular in Japan-land as he was in the States. And since this game is being marketed mainly (or rather ONLY) in Japan, you have to basically consider the Japanese interests.

As far as blue bombers go, Classic, DASH, EXE or even that loser from the Ryuusei/Star Force series are probably all more likely. I'd be willing to think that, like in MvC2, Classic Rock could get in, as well as maybe Tron Bonne and, for his first appearance in Mah-vel style "VERSUS" game, RMZ-style Zero, to meet the obvious "Zero" quota...plus, I must say that having him team up or fight Strider would be cool.

RyanDG

I really want to know who's developing the game... Insert Credit brought up an interesting point that it may end up being K2 (who Capcom just bought) if it's not being developed in-house.

RyanDG

Apharmd Battler said:
If Speed Racer were to show up in the game, I think I'd have a heart attack. I I would cry tears of joy in remembrance of my child hood.

I'm pretty sure you may want to start preparing yourself for a heart attack then... Of all the characters from the Tatsunoko properties that should be a given, I believe Speed Racer is at the top of the list (and I'm guessing with a Mach 5 related assist move).

thetrin

bishopcruz said:
3089te1.jpg

Dare da, dare da, dare da?!
Sora no kanata ni odoru kage
Shiroi tsubasa no Gatchaman
Inochi wo kakete tobidaseba
Kagaku Ninpo Hi no tori da

Tobe, Tobe Tobe Gatchaman!
Yuke! Yuke yuke Gatchaman!
Chikyuu wa hitotsu! Chikyuu wa hitotsu!

Oh Gatchaman, Gatchaman!!!!

This is SO awesome Ken the Eagle in a fighting game!!!! By Capcom!

All I have to say the the Gatchaman Song had better be his stage music or I will be pissed.

Did you ever find it weird that in the last part of the song, the tone goes up on the second "Gatchaman"? I always felt like it should have gone down.

LiK

TreIII said:
Unfortunately...the thing about X? He wasn't nearly as popular in Japan-land as he was in the States. And since this game is being marketed mainly (or rather ONLY) in Japan, you have to basically consider the Japanese interests.

As far as blue bombers go, Classic, DASH, EXE or even that loser from the Ryuusei/Star Force series are probably all more likely. I'd be willing to think that, like in MvC2, Classic Rock could get in, as well as maybe Tron Bonne and, for his first appearance in Mah-vel style "VERSUS" game, RMZ-style Zero, to meet the obvious "Zero" quota...plus, I must say that having him team up or fight Strider would be cool.

harsh. :lol

Shinkiro's art has improved a lot.

This game looks awesome. The character modeling in this game is way better than the retarded look in sf4. Ryu looks like the sf3 version in 3D.

I hope they use the 90's version of tekkaman blade over the shitty looking retro one.

TreIII

RyanDG said:
I really want to know who's developing the game... Insert Credit brought up an interesting point that it may end up being K2 (who Capcom just bought) if it's not being developed in-house.

Good point. If it ain't DIMPS again, it may very well be a thing that Capcom gave it over to K2. Hopefully, if this is indeed a Taito X2 game...this game would definitely go over better than K2's OTHER game on the platform...(Samurai Spirits SEN).

On the other hand, I'd also think that IC was on to something when it came to 8ing and Cavia as well. Both are done with their Fate projects, for the most part, so either of the two could also be working on this game. I would be willing to trust 8ing with the makings of a game like this, certainly...

LiK said:
harsh. :lol

What can I say? Of all the Rockmen, Ryuusei/Star Force's is the one I like the least.

But besides all that, he's too "new". Like I said a few pages ago, in my opinion, this game should be all about the retro-loving on both sides, where Tatsunoko uses its finest from the 60s to the 80s, and Capcom likewise uses a lot of its older stuff from the 80s to EARLY 2000s at the most.

Again, the only relatively new faces that I think should be in this game would be the likes of Viewtiful Joe, Gene the God Hand and Phoenix Wright, because they would do a lot to compliment the Tatsunoko crew in their own way. Beyond that, everyone else on the Capcom side should be a 80s or 90s figurehead!

LiK

yea, Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth would be awesome. even if they're not true fighters, they'd be cool assist attacks.

Perdew

TreIII said:
Good point. If it ain't DIMPS again, it may very well be a thing that Capcom gave it over to K2. Hopefully, if this is indeed a Taito X2 game...this game would definitely go over better than K2's OTHER game on the platform...(Samurai Spirits SEN).

On the other hand, I'd also think that IC was on to something when it came to 8ing and Cavia as well. Both are done with their Fate projects, for the most part, so either of the two could also be working on this game. I would be willing to trust 8ing with the makings of a game like this, certainly...

What can I say? Of all the Rockmen, Ryuusei/Star Force's is the one I like the least.

But besides all that, he's too "new". Like I said a few pages ago, in my opinion, this game should be all about the retro-loving on both sides, where Tatsunoko uses its finest from the 60s to the 80s, and Capcom likewise uses a lot of its older stuff from the 80s to EARLY 2000s at the most.

Again, the only relatively new faces that I think should be in this game would be the likes of Viewtiful Joe, Gene the God Hand and Phoenix Wright, because they would do a lot to compliment the Tatsunoko crew in their own way. Beyond that, everyone else on the Capcom side should be a 80s or 90s figurehead!

For the record, Brandon (the guy who runs IC) called out DIMPS as SFIV's developer a long time ago. He seems to think this game is higher end than everyone else says, too, so maybe it's on Taito X2? I doubt that personally, I think it's on the same hardware as Basara X.

Speaking of, he also thinks it could be Arc System Works, but I doubt that personally at this point.

thetrin

Just made a new avatar for the occasion. :D

Top Bottom