• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Holy Shit*!

I think I made babies...

*checks*

Yup! Babies.

*faints*

Ryu Hayabusa said:
2on2 Tag Team Battles
2D Sprites

Characters (confirmed)

Capcom
-> Ryu
-> Chun Li

Tatsunoko
-> Ken Washio from Gatchaman
-> Casshern

Thank you brave sir. the pics are hard to make out, but they look like sprites, am I wrong?

I SWEAR I ONLY SUMBITTED THIS ONCE.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It's 3D that looks better than SF4. This game is going to rock your fucking socks off.

duckroll

Riskbreaker23 said:
give me karas and tekkaman and i'll be a happy customer

Judging from the revealed line up of 4 characters so far, I won't be surprised. Those would be perfectly in line with the character types they're aiming for in the game.

RyanDG

_dementia said:
I cant wait until the eternal Morrigan sprite is revealed

Fortunately, with it being 2.5D, they are forced to re-draw/re-model her.

I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Ponn

Banned
This is pretty bizarre and pretty niche. I love capcom fighters and all but I have to say I won't mind if this stays import only. The previously mentioned Jump vs Capcom would have been a whole lot more entertaining. This is more for those weird 30 - 40 year old creepy guys with ponytails at anime conventions buying gatchaman stuff.

You could have had DC Capcom...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hope this comes to the US, I could always use some more 2 (well, 2.5 in this case) D fighters... though the license pair up is pretty weird.

All the Tatsunoko people I would want in this game are all from henshin hero/tokusatsu (except it's anime)-type series. Even Komugi, kinda. They needa expand their repetoire.

I wouldn't expect to see any of the Eva people in this any more than I would expect Uncle Scrooge to show up representing the Capcom side.

And it's kind of obvious why they made this instead of Capcom VS Jump--only Nintendo(with it's MOUNTAINS of money, piled high to the ceiling) or Bandai (who owns the individual licenses in most cases) is capable of such a feat.

And it's STILL a better idea than DC VS MK.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ryu Hayabusa said:
2on2 Tag Team Battles
2D Sprites

Characters (confirmed)

Capcom
-> Ryu
-> Chun Li

Tatsunoko
-> Ken Washio from Gatchaman
-> Casshern

YEEEESSSSSS

LiK

ant1532 said:
Looks ridiculous. Any news on coming to consoles or what? Who is developing and putting it out?

the more ridiculous, the better. i hope it comes out on the PS3 so i dont have to worry about the region shit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This thread needs more Gatchaman love. Here's some awesome Gatchaman art by Alex Ross!

import%20gatchaman.bmp

Matix

2D Graphics - Check
2on2 Tag Battles - Check
Chaotic Gameplay - Check

Finally a true Capcom VS. entry, life is good.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Three new fighting games from Capcom this year so far. That's got to be some kind of record! This is awesome. :D

While this is a cool and original pairing, is there any other company you'd love to see Capcom take on? And I mean to say, "CAPCOM" I mean, not just Street Fighter.

Capcom vs Konami

MisterHero

The-Switcher said:
While this is a cool and original pairing, is there any other company you'd love to see Capcom take on?
NINTENDO

Nintendo vs. Capcom: Cap-Groove vs. Smash Groove :lol

thetrin

The-Switcher said:
While this is a cool and original pairing, is there any other company you'd love to see Capcom take on? And I mean to say, "CAPCOM" I mean, not just Street Fighter.

Capcom vs Konami

Disney.

im pretty sure capcom will use this opportunity to throw bionic commando into the game. the only question is whether it will be the classic one or the newer one.

arthur better make it into the game too

Jirotrom

RyanDG said:
Fortunately, with it being 2.5D, they are forced to re-draw/re-model her.

I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.
w/e man... they wont redraw her, theyll leave her 2d while everyone else is 2.5.

thetrin

Riskbreaker23 said:
im pretty sure capcom will use this opportunity to throw bionic commando into the game. the only question is whether it will be the classic one or the newer one.

I'd rather have Radd. :\

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Matix said:
2D Graphics - Check
2on2 Tag Battles - Check
Chaotic Gameplay - Check

Finally a true Capcom VS. entry, life is good.

Nope, its 3D on a 2D plane

Top Bottom