Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

borghe said:
very excited that I'll be able to grab a PS3 version of this.

Are PS3 games ABLE to be region locked and pubs just don't?
No, They are all region free. I'm pretty sure Sony made it that way. I haven't seen one region locked game since release.
 
This game looks so hawt.

If you want to import on Wii there is a homebrew app that allows you to play imported games on a non-modded console.

Just rent Twilight Princess and take a day and install the stuff and you should be fine.
 
I just saw a promo and gameplay vid of this today at tougeki 08 and it looked awesome. Rockman seemed to be lacking a bit but it might just be too early to see what he'll be able to do in the final build.

Typing on the PS3 is not that fun.
 
biocat said:
I just saw a promo and gameplay vid of this today at tougeki 08 and it looked awesome. Rockman seemed to be lacking a bit but it might just be too early to see what he'll be able to do in the final build.

Typing on the PS3 is not that fun.
Wait wait? He was in the gameplay video? Which Rockman was it? +_+
 

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah, your post confirms his entry then! Why is he lacking? And how does Doronjo play? What does she represent (it's not Yatterman right?)?

Netto-kun said:
Wait wait? He was in the gameplay video? Which Rockman was it? +_+
Rockman DASH
 
biocat said:
I just saw a promo and gameplay vid of this today at tougeki 08 and it looked awesome. Rockman seemed to be lacking a bit but it might just be too early to see what he'll be able to do in the final build.

Typing on the PS3 is not that fun.
So Rockman is confirm I suppose?
 

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah... but it sorta makes sense... Baroque = extravagant, so I guess it means extravagant combos (which you can do during Baroque).

At least it's not as random as Melty Blood. LOL
 
Don't really care where this ends up (as long as it's not 360 exclusive) as I'll be able to play it and will pick it up day 1, but is the game running in HD or not? Would be disappointing if they brought it out on the Wii despite being and HD game in the arcade. If it's not, then I better go pick up a Wii stick now cause my Japanese Wii will be getting a workout when this hits.
 
lupin23rd said:
Don't really care where this ends up (as long as it's not 360 exclusive) as I'll be able to play it and will pick it up day 1, but is the game running in HD or not? Would be disappointing if they brought it out on the Wii despite being and HD game in the arcade. If it's not, then I better go pick up a Wii stick now cause my Japanese Wii will be getting a workout when this hits.
it is not a 360 exclusive it look like a wii exclusive. yes i am also sad no 360 or PS3 ports.
the Japanese capcom wabsite is showing the wii only no PS3 or 360

http://ffl.sakura.ne.jp/rv/box1/tatsuvscap.htm
 
Ookami-kun said:
Well, there's a chance for a PS2 port too...

...besides, if you're a fighting game fan then you MUST have an import/modded console. :p
import wii for fighting games though? there arent any asia only wii fighters really are there?

for a next-gen hd 3d fighter (assuming this is?!) porting to ps3 would make more sense than ps2, stuff like basara x presumably still looks ok on ps2 whereas i cant imagine this looking good (or on the wii though so i suppose its possible!)

anyway if they go for anything other than classic controller i'm sure the wii version will be pretty terrible :lol
 
It's Rockman Volnutt? Awesomness.:D

Sallokin said:
This. If it does come to the Wii though what's the easiest way to play it? Freeloader? Or should I just import one?
Threi said:
If you want to import on Wii there is a homebrew app that allows you to play imported games on a non-modded console.

Just rent Twilight Princess and take a day and install the stuff and you should be fine.
This. :p
 
panda21 said:
import wii for fighting games though? there arent any asia only wii fighters really are there?
If you count various anime-related games like Bleach and Naruto...? Yeah, there are.

And considering that TC IS an anime-fan service-laced fighting game, it actually does more to fit in with this group that Capcom is trying to reach, than you may originally think.

Couple that notion with the fact that Tatsunoko is basically the "Hanna-Barbara" of Japan, and there's definitely a good deal to support why they chose Nintendo for this type of game. Easy to get into gameplay, and familiar characters? You can't get too much more "family friendly" than this.

for a next-gen hd 3d fighter (assuming this is?!) porting to ps3 would make more sense than ps2, stuff like basara x presumably still looks ok on ps2 whereas i cant imagine this looking good (or on the wii though so i suppose its possible!)
The only thing that really makes this game "next gen HD" at all, is the fact that it's on the Taito X2. No matter what the game it is, if it's on the X2, it can output a HD-quality signal. That's all.

Doesn't mean much else, though. Plenty of Taito X/X2 games have been ported to the PS2, as well in the past. So the fact that this game is practically confirmed for the Wii wouldn't do any thing to undermine this notion.
 
I'd still take a PS2 import over a Wii import for this title...I donno, over at SRK people are getting a bit worked up over this. I'm just going to wait to see if it's coming out for any other systems before I tweak out...
 
abstract alien said:
Wait wait wait...this game is "all but confirmed" for the wii, or am i overstating and not understanding this correctly?
The way this is working is like so:

The name of the site that's been linked and quoted a number of times by now is "Fighter's Front Line". They are renowned for being a veritable source when it comes to Vs. Fighting games, amongst the Japanese.

So, then this page on said site was found on 2ch by some one several days ago. It not only does such things like seemingly confirm how much the game's arcade board will cost, but it lists what console the game is seemingly destined for.

Yes, it's true that this is not an official Capcom announcement. But like other reputable Japanese blogs, such as "Soutahouse", they have no reason to falsify information, as they have a reputation to maintain.

Thus, why people are basically willing to throw their lots behind this "confirmation". If it was just a random 2ch rumor, than it would be treated as such. But the rules change once when you start having credible sites involved, with their own credibility on the line, to match.

Feel free to wait for an official confirmation, as I'm going to do so as well, before I start celebrating. But again, at this stage in the game, we're basically looking at 80% confirmation, right here.
 
TreIII said:
The way this is working is like so:

The name of the site that's been linked and quoted a number of times by now is "Fighter's Front Line". They are renowned for being a veritable source when it comes to Vs. Fighting games, amongst the Japanese.

So, then this page on said site was found on 2ch by some one several days ago. It not only does such things like seemingly confirm how much the game's arcade board will cost, but it lists what console the game is seemingly destined for.

Yes, it's true that this is not an official Capcom announcement. But like other reputable Japanese blogs, such as "Soutahouse", they have no reason to falsify information, as they have a reputation to maintain.

Thus, why people are basically willing to throw their lots behind this "confirmation". If it was just a random 2ch rumor, than it would be treated as such. But the rules change once when you start having credible sites involved, with their own credibility on the line, to match.

Feel free to wait for an official confirmation, as I'm going to do so as well, before I start celebrating. But again, at this stage in the game, we're basically looking at 80% confirmation, right here.

Holy shit!!!
 
JudgeN said:
Don't worry people this is capcom we are talking about and its a fighting game, it needs to come out on all systems to make any sort of money.
Not necessarily at all.

SF4 is one of the more recent exceptions, but the greater deal of Capcom's last few FG-related releases have all been/will be on one console (PS2). And all of those were games that were made on a "cost effective" budget, so they didn't need to sell millions in order to make money. (Well...except Sengoku BASARA X, which didn't really sell at all, and flopped).

This game is looking to be doing something similar to those PS2 releases, just on the Wii this time. Obviously, this game was made on a cheaper budget than SF4's, so that would afford Capcom much in the way of being able to have a game that could be released on the Wii, and doesn't have to sell millions in order to keep the suits happy. Plus, considering how Tatsunoko is basically the Hanna-Barbara of Japan, I could see the game selling well amongst the Japanese on fan service appeal alone.


Any hey, Capcom's done stranger things than this, certainly. I love the PSP Rockman games, but really...what were they thinking, considering that Rockman had his audience on the PS2, GC, and DS/GBA? If they had only been willing to try and release those games AFTER Monster Hunter vindicated the PSP. :lol
 
TreIII said:
Not necessarily at all.

SF4 is one of the more recent exceptions, but the greater deal of Capcom's last few FG-related releases have all been/will be on one console (PS2). And all of those were games that were made on a "cost effective" budget, so they didn't need to sell millions in order to make money. (Well...except Sengoku BASARA X, which didn't really sell at all, and flopped).

This game is looking to be doing something similar to those PS2 releases, just on the Wii this time. Obviously, this game was made on a cheaper budget than SF4's, so that would afford Capcom much in the way of being able to have a game that could be released on the Wii, and doesn't have to sell millions in order to keep the suits happy. Plus, considering how Tatsunoko is basically the Hanna-Barbara of Japan, I could see the game selling well amongst the Japanese on fan service appeal alone.


Any hey, Capcom's done stranger things than this, certainly. I love the PSP Rockman games, but really...what were they thinking, considering that Rockman had his audience on the PS2, GC, and DS/GBA? If they had only been willing to try and release those games AFTER Monster Hunter vindicated the PSP. :lol
I'm trying to make myself better by hoping for a PS3 release so I can import and your really taking the steam out, it hurts me deep. Does freeloader still work or am I screwed? If they really is wii only that is.

Its ok thought I believe in good old capcom they will do the right thing, RIGHT CAPCOM!!!! :lol
 
^ That, and there's also a number of ways you can go about using Homebrew.

Downgraders do supposedly exist, in the case that you did upgrade. The Homebrewn program, Geckoloader also has an app that allows you to play import games, and all that you really need to do is just install it using the Twilight Hack method.
 
TreIII said:
^ That, and there's also a number of ways you can go about using Homebrew.

Downgraders do supposedly exist, in the case that you did upgrade. The Homebrewn program, Geckoloader also has an app that allows you to play import games, and all that you really need to do is just install it using the Twilight Hack method.
Has there been any reports of bricked consoles using the twilight hack? If this doesnt get a US release, then ill have no choice but to import...
 
abstract alien said:
Has there been any reports of bricked consoles using the twilight hack? If this doesnt get a US release, then ill have no choice but to import...
If there were, I believe they came about from a VERY early test run of the hack program when it first came.

Now-a-days, I think cases are extremely rare. As long as you follow the basic instructions for installation, you should be alright.
 
TreIII said:
If there were, I believe they came about from a VERY early test run of the hack program when it first came.

Now-a-days, I think cases are extremely rare. As long as you follow the basic instructions for installation, you should be alright.
I just realized my grammer in that statement was P3(piss poor pathetic).

Back on topic, thanks, ill definitely import on release. I cant wait to play this. Im still a bit at odds with the whole "no knockdown" on specials, but i dont care, ill buy regardless.
 
Farore said:
Is there something wrong with them?
The stick and the buttons are not what you might call high quality.


MrSimpson @ SRK said:
Ill give it a go, as I have owned both a T5 Hori, and an all custom Sanwa. This comparison is based on the Sanwa JLF and standard Sanwa snap in buttons, as compared to a Tekken 5 stick.

Joystick on the Hori is loose feeling, almost sloppy. This is brand new btw. The gate feels small, and is a square. but all in all it is OK. Going back to a neutral state is also kinda wonky. Many times while playing 3S, I can see a UOH coming at me, but couldnt get myself out of crouch block due to the unresponsiveness of the stick. It's OK, it is not the best joystick I have ever used, but far, far from the worst. You can pull off DPs and Hadous on it easily, but for me, it was always kind of tricky to do certain charge techniques on it. Like Urien shoulder tackle combos, super fast sonic booms with guile in ST, charge moves like that. Also, it felt easily breakable, like I had to treat is as though it were made of glass. Seems like the Hori stick wears out really fast as well.

Sanwa JLF feels sturdy. Very responsive, reliable joystick. Not as loose as the Hori, but did feel a little more loose than what I was used to (OG P-360's). The square gate feels a little larger than the Hori, and the throw on the joystick feels a little more "natural" than the Hori. Trust me, you can "feel" the difference in quality between the two joysticks. This thing also still feels new, and I have had it about a year or so.

Hori buttons are crap. Seriously. They feel like they have some material in them that is restricting the movement of the plunger. They feel like they have gum stuck in them or something, not sure how else to explain their crapness. They just don't feel right at all. Sometimes, when doing chain combos in lets say... Vampire Savior or Marvel, Jab or Short wont come out, or Strong or Fierce. Maybe it was my buttons, but they seemed to drop inputs when going for chain combo type of moves. Did I mention that the feel like poo?

Sanwa: Imagine a button that works really well. Now, imagine if you only have to lightly touch this button, so that as soon as you even thought about touching it, it activated. That is pretty much a Sanwa button. Responsive and reliable, 10x better than Hori. They are as good or better than Happ buttons. <3 Happ buttons