• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

-Kh-

Banned
I have been watching the new Casshern Sins anime, and Casshern is really cool

2942751b2bf85445d82566f15e5e3fc1893d5c6.jpg

Bizzyb

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
You should never be in charge of anything ever.

Why, b/c instead of making excuses for why something can't be done, I look for reasons why they CAN?

edit: On a side note, what wold have to be done to get this to play on my NA Wii?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Still no examples of Roll gameplay? Or did I miss it.

Proven

The video on famitsu was hot, although it looked like they were playing with double health. I wouldn't mind the longer matches though as I'm still pretty sucky at fighting games.

Zen

Banned
Viewtiful Joe AND MegaMan Trigger/Legends? It's like they're throwing fans of those series a bone, know that Capcom will never greenlight any proper continuations. :lol

cryingemote.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Zen said:
Viewtiful Joe AND MegaMan Trigger/Legends? It's like they're throwing fans of those series a bone, know that Capcom will never greenlight any proper continuations. :lol

cryingemote.gif

Please don't say that. :(

Tenbatsu said:
Wow I cant believe they cover Doronjo, Boyacky and Tronzler!

That's not really the boxart, at least the way it's arranged there, that's a promotional flyer/mockup. I don't think the real cover would have the white strip on the bottom, the legal information would be on the back, et cetera.

Edit: Damn, that video is awesome!

Boxart's really great. Game looks pretty damn fun, as usual.

Kulock said:
That's not really the boxart, at least the way it's arranged there, that's a promotional flyer/mockup. I don't think the real cover would have the white strip on the bottom, the legal information would be on the back, et cetera.
Well take it for what it's worth, but I'm holding my copy of Sky Crawlers Wii right now, and it happens to have the exact same white strip on the bottom, complete with company logo and legal infos... Methinks this could very well be the final boxart.

[edit] There you go :

51YiHFwxCbL_SS400_.jpg

It's also worth pointing out that the bottom white strip on the actual Sky Crawlers boxart is a bit thinner than the strip on this picture, so I guess this would also be the case for TatsuCap's boxart.

Boss Doggie

What's the name of the ending theme (or opening theme, because Gatchaman switched the music in their opening and ending theme some time during the run of the show) for Gatchaman? From what I heard it's Jun's background music... and it's the only music missing in my youtube Tatsunoko music playlist.

Troidal

Most people here prolly dont know who Ippatsuman is, but I'm glad he is in the Tatsunoko roster. Like Gachaman, very fitting for a fighting game.

Boss Doggie

Troidal said:
Most people here prolly dont know who Ippatsuman is, but I'm glad he is in the Tatsunoko roster. Like Gachaman, very fitting for a fighting game.

I know him :O

XD @ Boyacky and Tronzler doing the CM.

Also, there's some scans of Arcadia found *coughSRKcough* showing everyone's level 3.

TreIII

Liking more, the more I see...

And yeah, I'll admit that while I know a number of Tatsunoko characters, Ippatsuman is one I never got to know of before this game.

But...like with Super Robot Wars, getting to know new characters through a fun game is a great way for me to get introduced. Not to mention that he looks interesting to play already. :D

Ydahs

Don't know much about this game, but how are the Wii controls going to work? Motion controls? Similar to Brawl?

Game seems to be pretty popular. Is this Wii's 'SFIV'? If it gets good ratings and comes out in Australia (lol) I might get it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ydahs said:
Don't know much about this game, but how are the Wii controls going to work? Motion controls? Similar to Brawl?

Game seems to be pretty popular. Is this Wii's 'SFIV'? If it gets good ratings and comes out in Australia (lol) I might get it.

Similar to Brawl in that you have two buttons for attacks and your directional buttons for different sequences. The mini-games will use motion controls, though.

It will be bigger than SFIV in Japan, at least.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ydahs said:

The controls work by you plugging in either a classic controller or a joystick and using that. ;)

Netto-kun

No idea whether this have been posted yet or not, but the latest Famitsu mentions that Viewtiful Joe, Saki and Ippatsuman are Wii-exclusive characters, along with Hakushon Daimaou.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Netto-kun said:
No idea whether this have been posted yet or not, but the latest Famitsu mentions that Viewtiful Joe, Saki and Ippatsuman are Wii-exclusive characters, along with Hakushon Daimaou.

You could read the thread title and figure it out. :p

Tenbatsu

Netto-kun said:
Wow

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Regulus Tera said:
You could read the thread title and figure it out. :p

Tenbatsu said:

To be fair guys, he was probably talking about how those characters won't be in the Arcade version, not that they haven't been announced.

Top Bottom