• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Didn't they say that Jun and Roll were going to be console-exclusive characters before, too? And that was wrong.

TreIII

Lyte Edge said:
TvC isn't out in arcades yet.

Correct.

But the basic thing that Capcom has supposedly stated is that it will work as follows:

TvC Arcade will be out around the beginning of December. People will have a matter of days to get familiar with the game, prior to the console port launching a few days later (12/11).

Following that time frame, when the Wii port is available, the characters that are available in the Wii version will start being "time unlocked" in the arcade version.

So in the end, the two versions will have the same roster of characters to work with. The trade-off just seems to be that, if you're an arcade player, you'll just have to wait a few days to be able to play with everyone. On the other hand, Wii owners, who have to wait a while longer to even touch the game, will stand to get everything (whether you have to get some manually or not is not yet known), as soon as they buy the game.

A fair arrangement, I would think. It certainly beats having to do anything involving memory cards or some thing like that...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, luckily our local gameshop has said that they will be selling TvC, although it would be more pricey than the usual games.

The roster feels like it lacks one more for each character. 11 on each side feels odd... maybe because it's an odd number. lol

Tenbatsu

Ookami-kun said:
Heh, luckily our local gameshop has said that they will be selling TvC, although it would be more pricey than the usual games.

The roster feels like it lacks one more for each character. 11 on each side feels odd... maybe because it's an odd number. lol
There will be 1 more for each side...
Capcom:
Ookami-kun
Tatsunoko:
Netto-kun

Ookami-kun said:

What area do you live around?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ookami-kun said:
So who will order the game?
i definitely won't be ordering a
second
copy due to the unexcusable absence of vanessa and mind-boggling lack of zack & wiki. capcom for shame ™

blu said:
i definitely won't be ordering a
second
copy due to the unexcusable absence of vanessa and mind-boggling lack of zack & wiki. capcom for shame ™
Probably best that she isnt in there. We wouldnt play, we would just lay a brick on the controller and watch...wait...that sounds like a great idea...

Boss Doggie

So yeah, I've been to many forums.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE EXPECTING A PORT?

This is NOT a Capcom game in a sense that Capcom made this.

Dascu

Companion Cube said:
Ah. And I assume the port is a Wii to PS3/360 port. The link between the two sentences still baffles me. :p
I'm guessing Ookami-kun means that the "Oh, it's Capcom. It'll be ported to anything from mobile phones to dishwashers."-reasoning doesn't fit with TvsC, so people shouldn't really expect a port to PS360 using that "logic".

CPS2

Just pointing out that if it does happen, it won't be a Wii => PS360 port, it'll be arcade => PS360. I remember when a few people (even reviewers) thought Tekken 5DR on PS3 was a PSP port =/

wsippel

Banned
UC1 said:
Just pointing out that if it does happen, it won't be a Wii => PS360 port, it'll be arcade => PS360. I remember when a few people (even reviewers) thought Tekken 5DR on PS3 was a PSP port =/
Well, in this case it would be: Wii = Arcade -> PS360. The arcade game runs on Wii hardware as far as we know.

Boss Doggie

Dascu said:
I'm guessing Ookami-kun means that the "Oh, it's Capcom. It'll be ported to anything from mobile phones to dishwashers."-reasoning doesn't fit with TvsC, so people shouldn't really expect a port to PS360 using that "logic".

^Yeah, that's what I am saying.

After all, unless Fate Unlimited Codes (which is also an 8ing work being overseen by Capcom) gets a port, I doubt this one will.

ON A RELATED NOTE - Capcom is sponsoring Casshern Sins episode 6! XD

Boss Doggie

The long wait makes Tekkaman go hyper.

tekkaroll2.gif

Anyway, according to Dengeki and Famitsu, each week (starting last week, Nov. 6), up to six weeks, they'll be "introducing" four characters of the game. Last week we already saw Ryu, Alex, Jun, and Ken. If they follow suit, we'll have another one this Nov. 13, hopefully with a new video.

TreIII

Ookami-kun said:
Anyway, according to Dengeki and Famitsu, each week (starting last week, Nov. 6), up to six weeks, they'll be "introducing" four characters of the game. Last week we already saw Ryu, Alex, Jun, and Ken. If they follow suit, we'll have another one this Nov. 13, hopefully with a new video.

So....six weeks...4 characters revealed each time. Let's do a lil math...

6 x 4 = 24.

How many characters have we seen thus far, including the "Wii exclusives"? ....22.

If this report is not blowing smoke up our asses, it would imply that there is INDEED 2 more characters that we haven't seen yet, one for each side is the assumption, and they'll probably be saved for that last week (which would basically occur during that very week that the game is slated to hit the Wii on December 11th).

That be the case...there may still be hope for Go Mifune (Speed) yet...! :D

Fizzle

The-Switcher said:
This game is developed by Eighting - Creators of Bloody Roar.

The supers are very similar.

Lmfao no wonder this games good.

I want Blaze Blue, Guilty Gear and Street Fighter and the sprinkles of PSN/XBL titles on top please.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Viewtiful Joe?

Day 1.

Boss Doggie

Oh god I think I know now who Shoma's father is.

Also the stage IS NOT Alex's but Polymar's. Washinkyo City = setting of Polymar.

So since this game is coming to Japanese Wii next month, how easy is it for U.S. systems to play? The last game that I imported was Earth Defense Force for PS2.

Also, is it likely to get translated/picked up for U.S. release? For any system? Thanks.

Boss Doggie

Mr. E. Yis said:
So since this game is coming to Japanese Wii next month, how easy is it for U.S. systems to play? The last game that I imported was Earth Defense Force for PS2.

Also, is it likely to get translated/picked up for U.S. release? For any system? Thanks.

Twilight Hack

Top Bottom