• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Roll is a viable character?! :O

Her bucket water traps!

And I wonder what Tekkaman said when he got hit...

OH NO, MY ASS IS ON FIRE!

Drek

MoogPaul said:
i don't buy this. why would capcom be "looking" into bringing this to north america if the licensing was so cut and dry? there has to been at least one or two issues.
Even if it was that cut and dry I doubt Capcom would green light a U.S. localization until all formerly involved parties were contacted by Capcom and had a legally sound agreement that would prevent further legislative issues.

The last thing Capcom would want is to think that this is a go, localize and release it, only then to have a company come crawling out of the woodwork with a law suit.

I think I'm going to give it until about next June or July and see where it stands then. If it still hasn't gotten a definite U.S. release I'll be importing it and braving the world of Wii Homebrew.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Roll's super is awesome.

haunts said:
KARAS looks like a beast. The Baroque system will break this game. :p

Yep yep. Karas is awesome as hell, it seems. The Baroque system makes some combos look like they belong in Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart, or some shit. lol

amodf

Level 2 or 3 or whatever (yellow background) supers do wayyyy too much life. Nothing does any in comparison. A magic series does maybe 10-15%, level 2 does 50%+. Kinda negates using mega crush or variable air raid altogether; do more damage saving that bar for a level 2.

I'm still super pumped!!!! and i hope that combos don't do any damage because people aren't good at the game.

TreIII

amodf said:
Level 2 or 3 or whatever (yellow background) supers do wayyyy too much life. Nothing does any in comparison. A magic series does maybe 10-15%, level 2 does 50%+. Kinda negates using mega crush or variable air raid altogether; do more damage saving that bar for a level 2.

Well, the thing STILL is that you gotta actually hit with those supers. Like with anything else, if you can't combo into it, you just wasted meter that could have been used for something else.

And I like how Roll actually dies on contact this time. It really didn't seem "on" how Rock and Roll did the death animation after they got KO'd.

amodf

TreIII said:
Well, the thing STILL is that you gotta actually hit with those supers. Like with anything else, if you can't combo into it, you just wasted meter that could have been used for something else.

And I like how Roll actually dies on contact this time. It really didn't seem "on" how Rock and Roll did the death animation after they got KO'd.

Most don't seem too hard to combo into, though. Roll's off of super-fast overhead, karas off some special launcher, the good players that played at evo unanimously agreed chun was best in that version, mostly because she could easily land launcher into level 2... I still want the game to be good, but if it's mostly "do combos to charge bar," then it'll be kinda sad.

Like I said, I'm very optimistic and super pumped for it to come out, but I hope there's more to it then hit guys for a while and look for ways to land super.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
amodf said:
Most don't seem too hard to combo into, though. Roll's off of super-fast overhead, karas off some special launcher, the good players that played at evo unanimously agreed chun was best in that version, mostly because she could easily land launcher into level 2... I still want the game to be good, but if it's mostly "do combos to charge bar," then it'll be kinda sad.

Like I said, I'm very optimistic and super pumped for it to come out, but I hope there's more to it then hit guys for a while and look for ways to land super.

Yeah KARAS was able to do his super off that spear throw move.

Boss Doggie

That hitstun whenever you get hit by a tagging attack has always been in Vs. games.

And there are only level 3 supers. No level 2.

Threi

notag
curleymustache.jpg

dem's some curleh mustaches

Netto-kun

Damn, I'll buy all three of them, even though there are no Softmap or Imagine closeby. There's no mention about when the calendars are available, so I assume it'll be on sale this Sunday?

Boss Doggie

Ooh, there's a roaming rumor, again on 2ch, on the site that "spilled" VJ, Karas, etc. that Go will be the secret character for Tatsu side.

Boss Doggie

This was supposed to be the source:

"ソースはようつべにあるタツカプサントラ動画"

^Any idea what it means?

Netto-kun

Ookami-kun said:
This was supposed to be the source:

"ソースはようつべにあるタツカプサントラ動画"

^Any idea what it means?
"Source is from the TatsuCap Santora animation which is on Youtube."

Not sure what the "Santora" actually means, maybe soundtrack? The katakana for "soundtrack" is サウンドトラック, which is a tad different from what is written. Unless "Santora" is another way to shorten the word. But "Soundtrack Animation" doesn't really make any sense for me. And apparently Youtsube is a slang for Youtube.

Stealth edit: Well, apparently "Santora" is indeed a shorten form of "Soundtrack", silly Japanese.:lol

Boss Doggie

Please don't tell me it is referring to my custom "Original Tatsunoko Music" playlist that I made in youtube...

Proven

Ookami-kun said:

Please don't tell me it is referring to my custom "Original Tatsunoko Music" playlist that I made in youtube...

You made it onto Tatsu news!

Even if it's just a rumor gathering message board...

Boss Doggie

Hey, looks like maybe he's still in!

According to the_shift, they (2ch people) said that there were leaks of the opening movie that had Go being a participant.

tribal24 said:
i wanna find this out to thats why i held back buying twightlight

The bigger problem now is that Nintendo updated the menu firmware to "System Menu 3.4" on November 17

This new update does NOT work with the Twilight Hack according to the wiki.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

So, if you chose to update, no Tatsunoko vs Capcom for you. The real issue here is the most games are going to require that firmware 3.4 is installed (or later) going forward for them to work. So, if you update at any point it looks like Tatsunoko won't work. Am I missing something here? Cause if not, this is a major letdown.

Linkhero1

Superblatt said:
The bigger problem now is that Nintendo updated the menu firmware to "System Menu 3.4" on November 17

This new update does NOT work with the Twilight Hack according to the wiki.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

So, if you chose to update, no Tatsunoko vs Capcom for you. The real issue here is the most games are going to require that firmware 3.4 is installed (or later) going forward for them to work. So, if you update at any point it looks like Tatsunoko won't work. Am I missing something here? Cause if not, this is a major letdown.
Don't worry, there will be a work around this some time in the future. Can't say when though but they're working on it.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Off the top of my head, I remembering reading on a Wii Homebrew wiki that they've already done a workaround by basically spoofing the firmware revision and installing a custom version of the Wii Shop or something. Past this current revision might be a problem, but that's the nature of using custom hacks like that.

BreakyBoy said:
Off the top of my head, I remembering reading on a Wii Homebrew wiki that they've already done a workaround by basically spoofing the firmware revision and installing a custom version of the Wii Shop or something. Past this current revision might be a problem, but that's the nature of using custom hacks like that.

Exactly. There is no straight-forward simple way to play imports and this is only going to continue to be an issue. I don't want to import the game only to screw myself later on by not being able to either play it or other games. I'd order it right now if the solution was as simple as a Freeloader.

But alas, that's not the case.

scitek

Why do they bother with region coding for games? Why can't people just pay for and play what they like when they want it? Is it because of licensing issues?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
scitek said:
Why do they bother with region coding for games? Why can't people just pay for and play what they like when they want it? Is it because of licensing issues?

To stop importers. That way they have to wait until the game gets localised and the sales numbers don't get skewed towards one region or another.

Top Bottom