• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

jibblypop

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
The longevity rises if you have friends to call or relatives to play with.

God I wish. I love this game but everybody I know hates it. I keep showing it to people and they say "what is happening? this is too crazy. It sucks."
I can't get anyone to play for more than 5 minutes :(

What a shame. I really love this game.

jibblypop said:
God I wish. I love this game but everybody I know hates it. I keep showing it to people and they say "what is happening? this is too crazy. It sucks."
I can't get anyone to play for more than 5 minutes :(

What a shame. I really love this game.

The advantage now is that you know you can put your friends in a coma should you ever need to by whipping out some MVC2, because on the craziness scale TVC is a welcome step back.

Playing a bunch of this MP last week made me badly want the totally impossible: Tatsunoko vs. Marvel.

jibblypop

Banned
A Twisty Fluken said:
The advantage now is that you know you can put your friends in a coma should you ever need to by whipping out some MVC2, because on the craziness scale TVC is a welcome step back.

My friends did the exact same thing when I tried to get them into Smash Bros. They complained that too much stuff is going on and it's too complicated to play. They don't like spending more than 5 seconds figuring out what to do. They only like Street Fighter 2 basically. Nothing that came out since that makes any sense to them because they want it to play exactly the same as that game.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jibblypop said:
My friends did the exact same thing when I tried to get them into Smash Bros. They complained that too much stuff is going on and it's too complicated to play. They don't like spending more than 5 seconds figuring out what to do. They only like Street Fighter 2 basically. Nothing that came out since that makes any sense to them because they want it to play exactly the same as that game.

Damn that sucks.. I feel TVC is pretty simple really. I actually never really got into Marvel and this past Monday I had some experts show me some things and that game is just so insane. I can see how ppl could see it as too fast or too much going on though.. I think they just have to sit down and give it a shot..

Oh well, SFIV will be out soon enough and you should have no problems getting them to play that..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, even up to now, Capcom is still "advertising" the game via that Hobby Club thing. Looks like this game wasn't a total loss for the company!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Nintendo vs Capcom

Btw, PA is prepping my order :D

Now to send the Wii back in for repair and THEN to make homebrew possible on it again... fingers crossed, hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Woooooooot!!!! Finally got the game! Did a few matches, now I have to eat and then go out with friends. Looks like a lot of fun so far! I'll have to look up the FAQ for the game to understand how the game works. Will post a picture next week at the latest.

Dash Kappei

Mistouze said:
Woooooooot!!!! Finally got the game! Did a few matches, now I have to eat and then go out with friends. Looks like a lot of fun so far! I'll have to look up the FAQ for the game to understand how the game works. Will post a picture next week at the latest.

How does the game look on 480p (plasma)?

Wii games usually look very very good on my Panny42"PX80 (720p).
Obviously less so on my 1080p panel for the very same reason SD content looks like crap on that display (BRD are jaw dropping though:D ).

Does the game graphically stands with Wii's best (Galaxy, SSBB...)?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Well the game looks pretty good! There's a few weak 3d models in some of the backgrounds but the characters look great to me and when you start launching super it's fireworks in my TV.

Dash Kappei

Mistouze said:
Well the game looks pretty good! There's a few weak 3d models in some of the backgrounds but the characters look great to me and when you start launching super it's fireworks in my TV.

Hell yeah :D

Can't wait

Was gonna start a separate thread, but figured this might be a better place to pass them along instead: this past weekend I got the chance to finally play this game, on the Wii, but inside a Japanese arcade cabinet, at a friend's kitchen in Greenpoint, Brooklyn...

TvC01.jpg

TvC02.jpg

TvC04.jpg

TvC06.jpg

TvC07.jpg

TvC08.jpg

TvC11.jpg

TvC14.jpg

TvC15.jpg

... And yes, that's another Astro City cab right next to it. Inside was a PS2 set to play assorted Cave shumps. After we all grew tired of TvC, which took a while, we popped in Third Strike. Anyway, for more pics and info, simply check here.

Tenbatsu

FortNinety said:
Was gonna start a separate thread, but figured this might be a better place to pass them along instead: this past weekend I got the chance to finally play this game, on the Wii, but inside a Japanese arcade cabinet, at a friend's kitchen in Greenpoint, Brooklyn...
... And yes, that's another Astro City cab right next to it. Inside was a PS2 set to play assorted Cave shumps. After we all grew tired of TvC, which took a while, we popped in Third Strike. Anyway, for more pics and info, simply check here.
Wow what a way to save money! I guess this setup is cheaper than getting a TvC arcade board!:lol

ShinAmano

So I finally picked this up (first wii game in over a year) and I am pretty happy, but I have a couple of questions.
  1. Can someone list out the character names in order of appearance on the select screen...my biggest dissapointment so far is not knowing what to call the fighters :)
  2. Is there a combo video / strategy out there for this? I can work with Ryu/Alex/Chun/Morrigan...but the whole Tat side feels strange to me,

I am playing with a SNES (club nintendo pad) and awaiting the second one to arrive...until then is this playable with the Wiimote...or GC controller?

Thanks.

Cynar

I finally got a chance to play this and it's amazing. I hope Capcom brings a similar game out on the Wii for us in the west. :D

Netto-kun

ShinAmano said:
So I finally picked this up (first wii game in over a year) and I am pretty happy, but I have a couple of questions.
  1. Can someone list out the character names in order of appearance on the select screen...my biggest dissapointment so far is not knowing what to call the fighters :)
  2. Is there a combo video / strategy out there for this? I can work with Ryu/Alex/Chun/Morrigan...but the whole Tat side feels strange to me,

I am playing with a SNES (club nintendo pad) and awaiting the second one to arrive...until then is this playable with the Wiimote...or GC controller?

Thanks.
Because I was bored. :p

66m260.jpg

And yeah, you can use Classic Controller, Wiimote and Gamecube controller.

Check out Shoryuken for various videos.

neo2046

FortNinety said:

TvC01.jpg

TvC02.jpg

~~~~~~
wow !! cool :D

toneroni

FortNinety said:
awesome...how much did this setup cost?

Halvie

Banned
toneroni said:
awesome...how much did this setup cost?

Pretty sure you can find that cab for around $500-600.

Has there been anymore news about that ps2-ps3 port or was that confirmed to be bs?

Dascu

Halvie said:
Pretty sure you can find that cab for around $500-600.

Has there been anymore news about that ps2-ps3 port or was that confirmed to be bs?
It's about as true as Amaterasu being in the game.

ShinAmano

This is out of left field, but I just ordered the TE SF4 stick for 360...is there a converter out there that would allow me to use it on the Wii?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ShinAmano said:
This is out of left field, but I just ordered the TE SF4 stick for 360...is there a converter out there that would allow me to use it on the Wii?
I do not believe there is. Actually i am almost 100 percent sure you wont be able to without modding.

Slappy967

Neo Member
Oh God I think I am going to buy a Japanese Wii just to play this game........may god have mercy on my soul or at the very least my wallet.

ShinAmano

Slappy967 said:
Oh God I think I am going to buy a Japanese Wii just to play this game........may god have mercy on my soul or at the very least my wallet.
If you already have a Wii there is no need to do this.

the androgyne said:
Well, impatience (and a thankfully cheap price) got the better of me, so i'll have one of those Cube Joy Box's in a week or so..

Ookami-kun, your comments are encouraging .. but searching this thread, there seems to be conflicting reports... and definitely over at SRK.com, they have said it only works on Sony PCB's.

I have a HRAP1, so fingers crossed; I will report back with results when i get it.

Well, Cube Joy Box arrived today and i just had a chance to try my HRAP1 (non mirror surface) on Wii's Tatsunoko.... and happy to say it all works perfectly - I couldn't detect any lag! Highly recommended.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ooh, I can't wait to see the other wallpapers!

7 x 2 = 14 wallpapers total... So we already have 2, then there are 11 character pairs (assuming it will be 2 per wallpaper), and we have that 1 special hand-drawn art.

Dash Kappei

ShinAmano said:
I don't know if any of you will find this useful, but I took the Arcade move guide and added in the Wii characters. I am going to use this to print out these on one sheet of paper so my friends can all have ideas of how to use (and what to call) these characters...

Anyhow: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=DXSdjym1UEE2j8hGNzwFSA%3D%3D

Thanks!

And...\\HELL YEAH Play-Asia finally shipped it to me yesterday, now I can finally send my Wii back in for repair, I'd hate to have to wait even more to play it just to get the console back with the game already in my hands :D

CloakBass

ShinAmano said:
I don't know if any of you will find this useful, but I took the Arcade move guide and added in the Wii characters. I am going to use this to print out these on one sheet of paper so my friends can all have ideas of how to use (and what to call) these characters...

Anyhow: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=DXSdjym1UEE2j8hGNzwFSA%3D%3D
Thanks! I sloppily rearranged the panels in MSPaint for printing convenience: http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/6070/tvclisthr4.png

Top Bottom