• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Kuran

Banned
What are the chances of a Felyne from Monster Hunter appearing in this? Or anything MH related. Pretty big, no?

Tenbatsu

Kuran said:
What are the chances of a Felyne from Monster Hunter appearing in this? Or anything MH related. Pretty big, no?
Wow, that will be cool, imaging summoning Lao Shang Long into the fight, that will be awesome:D

Teasel

holy fuck you can see yattaking in one of the backgrounds :O
yattaman.gif

TreIII

Teknoman said:
Nice. Definatly going to try a Tekkaman (i've got to :lol ) and Rockman character combo. I wonder if they'll use X and Zero this time around instead of Megaman and Roll?

I dunno, again, my gut instinct tells me that, in a game with so much in the way of "retro" value, they'll probably opt for classic Rockman, first and foremost. I'm expecting Strider and Captain Commando to be possibilities as well, since they worked well enough before, and are also hallmarks within Capcom's own retro-tastic franchises.

Though, like I said before, if Street Fighter is liable to get at least 1 more besides Chunners and Ryu, why can't the Rockman franchise have more than one rep? Classic Rock, Tron Bonne and RMZ-style Zero would fit in just fine, in my opinion. Just as long as they keep EXE and that StarForce stuff away from this particular brand of goodness... :lol

Frankly, at this point, I'm more concerned about what villains will get into this game. Tekkaman Evil and Berg Katse from Gatchaman definitely needs to be here, to say the least. :D

Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day when we'll get either a) clearer pics and/or b) maybe even a promo video to start the hype train.

TreIII

duckroll said:

Or even sooner than I expected!

WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT!

:lol

Hinomura

Teknoman said:
You know Dimps isnt bad in the least bit right?
The Dimps games I've played had limited gameplay and dull controls compared to the VS fighting games I usually enjoy, that's my concern.

Wow....my mind can't even really comprehend those pics...

It literally looks like cell colored animation cutouts fighting...but in 2.5D!

TreIII

harSon said:
I'M RUBBING MY SNAKE DOWN FURIOUSLY!

Is it wrong to be more hyped for this game then Street Fighter 4? :(

Not at all... :D

Frankly, this game is going to trounce SF4 in Japan, no contest.

Even though the game doesn't look HD at all (this looks like it could be a PS2 game), the fact of the matter is, it just looks a lot more fun. I could see this game being a low-budget product that will still sell damn well, and line Capcom's pockets.

Desi

ahhh.

Somebody about to get fucked up! Gimmie now! Tekkaman, Gawl with bullshit time vortex loser death animation (god that sucked), and Pizzacats I demand.

TreIII

Prime crotch said:
yeah it's MvC gameplay alright, is there any chance of this landing on the PS2? lol

With the way that these models look rather like PS2 quality, and the fact that Capcom probably wants this game to sell as many copies as it can...

I think that there's a high probability that this game will probably be Capcom's last PS2 FG hurrah. And what a hurrah it will be...

Teasel

looking at the backgrounds i can't help but think how awesome a tron bonne vs time bokkan fight would be
it's also sad to see that capcom doesn't lose any occasion to put those servbots anywhere yet refuse to create a proper megaman legend 3 :/

LiK

HOLY SHIT, looks better than i thought! thanks for the pics!!!! *love!*

smbzw6.jpg

this Chun Li looks tons better than the fugly version in SFIV

Tenbatsu

The artist for Tatsunoko characters is Shinkiro, I can confirm from the art style. As for the Street Fighter Characters, the art seems familiar, anyone know the artist name? Indeed, this game does look better than SF4, its such a waste that SF4 nv head in this direction.

Thanks to duckroll for the title change.

samratty

Wow this looks great, I hope this somehow gets a release in Europe. I've really warmed up to Capcom's 2.5D fighter direction, both with this and SF4.
Compare these too SSF2HD Remix :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

HOLD ME!

Edit: No... PS3... release... date... hype -100

Tenbatsu said:
The artist for Tatsunoko characters is Shinkiro, I can confirm from the art style. As for the Street Fighter Characters, the art seems familiar, anyone know the artist name? Indeed, this game does look better than SF4, its such a waste that SF4 nv head in this direction.

Thanks to duckroll for the title change.

Shinkiro's also doing the Street Fighter art from the look of it he's changed his style quite a bit recently.

cfe-group.jpg

Perdew

I need to constrain myself before I see it in motion. I don't even know what system I'll have to buy/mod to own this yet ;x

Edit: Hey wait, why is the stage moving so much? Is this 'battle fantastia' 2.5D or is the camera moving?

LiK

Delio said:
Well i am excited! PS2 release would be sooo nice.

PS3 version please cuz if this doesn't get localized due to licensing issues, i can import it region free~!!!

TreIII

Delio said:
Well i am excited! PS2 release would be sooo nice.

Seems likely to me...again, while the art style looks great, the models don't look THAT impressive. Plus CapGOD wants to make sure this game could be in the hands of as many fanboys as possible.

Who knows? Maybe they might even try that whole "Easy Operation!" thing, and make a quick-n-dirty Wii port, too. And people won't care, as long as they can do the "OMG! HUGE BEAMS OF DEATH!" things that they expect in a Versus Capcom game. :lol :lol

Top Bottom