• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Wow, I finally have an excuse to post my collection of Gatchaman!!!

15rjo9h.jpg

29asjs6.jpg

5b72pt.jpg

What you are feasting your eyes are on is every single episode of Gatchaman(AKA G-force in America) in a complete DVD collection. Somebody give me some props!!!

Edit:Excuse my crusty feet in the first shot, :)

ezekial45 said:
Where did you buy that at?

I picked it up in Hong Kong...for 69.99 at the time.
Granted, the english translation isn't the best (must read subtitles) but totally worth it. The American version G-force is heavily, Heavily watered down....so its great to watch this in its original form.

Greymalkin said:
Wow, I finally have an excuse to post my collection of Gatchaman!!!

[IMG.]http://i32.tinypic.com/15rjo9h.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG.]http://i28.tinypic.com/29asjs6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG.]http://i30.tinypic.com/5b72pt.jpg[/IMG]

What you are feasting your eyes are on is every single episode of Gatchaman(AKA G-force in America) in a complete DVD collection. Somebody give me some props!!!

Edit:Excuse my crusty feet in the first shot, :)

Can I haz gatchamanz?

;)

ezekial45

Banned
Greymalkin said:
I picked it up in Hong Kong...for 69.99 at the time.
Granted, the english translation isn't the best (must read subtitles) but totally worth it. The American version G-force is heavily, Heavily watered down....so its great to watch this in its original form.

Yeah, i realize how bad it is. I've been contemplating if i should pick up the ADV release.

kazuo

Tenbatsu said:

TEKKAMAN CONFIRMED!

Now, if they have Tekkaman Blade as well, I'm all over it!

Also, Harmony Gold doesn't own EVERY (or even most, AFAIK) of Tatsunoko's IP's here in the states, but they do own the one everyone cares about: Macross (the original one).

In any case, as I and others mentioned like 15 pages ago, you won't be seeing Macross in this game because Tatsunoko does not own, nor did they create Macross. Same goes for Evangelion; the shows were created by other studios (Studio Nue and GAINAX, respectively), and Tatsunoko was contracted to animate the shows.

GAINAX owns EVA and Big West/Bandai owns Macross.

The end

Tenbatsu

Capcom USA's Christian Svensson:
We haven't discussed any home console plans for the title yet, so platform discussions are a bit premature. All that's been anounced is arcade... There are a lot of licensing issues around the title given that those properties are held by different companies across the West and they vary by territory greatly. It was created as a Japan-only project but we're investigating.

lupin23rd

Looking forward to playing this title but.... is any character on the Tatsunoko side going to have a uniform that ISN'T white and red? I mean they all look the same so far :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wow I'm late as fuck to this thread but this game looks AWESOME!!!! Man what a dream to be able to play these mech characters! I'm gonna whip up on you guys with my Macross mech characters!!! :lol

Man, if Isamu's YF-19 Valkarie makes it in this game I'm gonna FART CHERRY FLAVORED BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenbatsu

isamu said:
Wow I'm late as fuck to this thread but this game looks AWESOME!!!! Man what a dream to be able to play these mech characters! I'm gonna whip up on you guys with my Macross mech characters!!! :lol

Man, if Isamu's YF-19 Valkarie makes it in this game I'm gonna FART CHERRY FLAVORED BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont think Macross will be in here....

Dascu

Heh, Soki from Onimusha. Now where the hell is Viewtiful Joe?

Edit: Hmm, I noticed how the controlscheme only seems to use 4 buttons. A Wii version using the Wiimote/Nunchuck is actually viable now.

Calcaneus

Its awesome that we are getting Onimusha representation, but why not Samonosuke?

And yeah, Viewtiful Joe would fit perfectly with this game.

Why the hell is he in the game? I understand someone like Samanosuke or Jubei if Onimusha characters are allowed, but not him.

I agree with Viewtiful Joe though. :D

explodet

Somehow they manage yet again to drag out Morrigan's old sprite, even if it's just in the promotional material. :lol

NeonZ

Only 3 attack buttons and 1 for tag, apparently, according to a post in the srk forums.

That means less basic attacks than Smash Bros... I guess a Wii port isn't really too unlikely.

NeonZ

haunts said:
why does Alex get so much love from capcom? sooo many other better characters.. :lol

"So much love"? It's the first time he appears in a crossover fighting game...

hopefully there are a lot more characters to be announced.

both companies have a wealth of characters left to pull from.

Capcom has should put in Nero or Dante, a Monster Hunter character, RE character, Bionic commando, Megaman or Zero, and a character kinda like Soki from a series we wouldnt expect.

Tatsunoko should add Speed Racer, Shulato, Soul Taker, Karas, Itadakiman, and anyone else since i cant really gauge the popularity of their characters.

i was hoping we would get tekkaman blade but it doesnt look like that will happen

Gagaman

NeonZ said:
"So much love"? It's the first time he appears in a crossover fighting game...
He was also in Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam, although admittedly most people have erased that from their minds..

NeonZ

Gagaman said:
He was also in Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam, although admittedly most people have erased that from their minds..

Oh, right... :lol

Even though it's a crossover game, I hadn't thought about it while typing because it only has Capcom stuff.

Threi

notag
new morrigan :O

unless they are just gunna put the sprite in there a-la Game and Watch...

anyways WANT WANT WANT WANT

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Tenbatsu said:
The reason Samanosuke is not in you should know why....

Surely something about a contract issue with the actor lending its face to the character? Anyway I would have had the same reaction for any Onimusha character (minus Jean Reno), Capcom are missing the opportunity to give us a great corporate wank fighting game.

Phoenix Wright vs Dante vs Leon Kennedy BELIEVE!

amodf

true, but i meant their character designs are based off of real people that are alive. soki is not

rumor is that there's at least 25 characters in the game.

and an enormous guy that can't block. is that gold raitan i wonder

Top Bottom