• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Teasel

the only onimusha character that matters
tn2_jean_reno_2.jpg

I hope Morrigan's still the same sprite
haunts said:
why does Alex get so much love from capcom? sooo many other better characters.. :lol
At ease loser.

Seriously though Alex's awesome, the first time I could actually play with a grappler.

Caj814

Tiduz said:
Has this been confirmed or rumored for any consoles? REALLY DO WANT.

on the shoryuken.com forums one poster mentioned a rumor stating it will be announced for the Wii.

Hero

Ryu, Batsu, and Morrigan? They're all shoto-type characters. Although if Morrigan gets a new sprite I won't complain since Batsu rocks.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Caj814 said:
on the shoryuken.com forums one poster mentioned a rumor stating it will be announced for the Wii.

The one console i didnt want it on.
I want online play in HD :(

Ill probably still end up getting it

KingJ2002

i see they're pulling characters from all their fighters... so im expecting powerstone, warzard, and cyberbots characters to be in the game as well.

RedBoot

I just realized that Ken (Street Fighter) probably won't be in this game since Ken (G-Force) is in it already.

Anyway, it looks like they're keeping it to one character per game (with the usual Street Fighter 1 trickery so that they can have Ryu and Chun Li both in), so that should at least give us some variety. I still feel pretty confident that we'll see someone like Dante, Viewtiful Joe, or Phoenix Wright show up, but I still think it's kind of odd that they went with the Onimusha guy as one of the initial reveals. Pretty much any other Capcom character would create more hype than him. Not that there's anything wrong with including him, it's a pretty nifty choice.

Id.

KingJ2002 said:
i see they're pulling characters from all their fighters... so im expecting powerstone, warzard, and cyberbots characters to be in the game as well.
Maybe even some Star Gladiator characters!

It'd be awesome if Zero from Mega Man X was in here, too.

Dascu

Riskbreaker23 said:
that would be an odd choice considering the controller is not made for fighting games
Considering how TvsC will only use 4 buttons (one of which is just a button for tagging), it's perfectly possible to adapt it to the Wiimote/nunchuck, contrary to SFIV's 6 buttons, which would need a classic controller.

Also, that same rumor said it would probably be officially announced later this month.

RyanDG

Dascu said:
Also, that same rumor said it would probably be officially announced later this month.

I would consider the rumor bunk then because an arcade release window hasn't even been officially announced.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hey guys... assuming this gets released on the 360, is there any way to *safely* mod my US 360 to play it?

if phoenix wright is in this, i NEED to play it.

jarrod

Banned
RyanDG said:
Where did you see the hardware announcement? I'm curious because I haven't seen it updated anywhere yet.
I saw it somewhere, but now I can't find the source... google just brings up a dubious wiki entry and random spanish/french AC sites. :/

RyanDG

jarrod said:
I saw it somewhere, but now I can't find the source... google just brings up a dubious wiki entry and random spanish/french AC sites. :/

Yeah. I know it was rumored as running on the Type X2 for a bit, but I didn't think it was officially announced for it yet (the game isn't updated on AM-net as having its hardware announced). I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up being Type X2, but something about the screen ratios I've seen so far is screaming System 246/256 (with it being 4:3 shots instead of 16:9 that you would expect out of the Type X2).

mollipen

Capcom: I will pay one million dollars for a copy of this game if, as an unlockable, you allow me to use the classic Morrigan sprite in the game instead of this new model. You really should be ashamed of yourselves for even thinking about doing what you did.

Threi

notag
damn i really want this.

What's wrong with it coming to Wii? It isn't graphically intensive, Wii needs a Street Fighter (While PS360PC already have SFIV), and It will have the benefit of supporting the awesome CC.

RyanDG

haunts said:
why does Alex get so much love from capcom? sooo many other better characters.. :lol

I'm still shocked Alex didn't end up being updated to be a fat, popcorn eating, truck-driving American with a hamburger on his head based on recent portrayals of Americans in fighting games...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MisterHero said:
He is the main character of their greatest fighting game ever, afterall. :lol :D

and ended up being low middle tier when it was all said and done... how sad..

gimme YUN! or Dudley.. or Urien.. anyone but alex.. ok not anyone..

Terrell

shidoshi said:
Capcom: I will pay one million dollars for a copy of this game if, as an unlockable, you allow me to use the classic Morrigan sprite in the game instead of this new model. You really should be ashamed of yourselves for even thinking about doing what you did.
What, you mean making her look GOOD?! Seriously, that sprite was showing its age in the very game it originated from, let alone other games it was carbon-copied into.
I can only hope you were being intentionally hilarious.

mollipen

Terrell said:
What, you mean making her look GOOD?! Seriously, that sprite was showing its age in the very game it originated from, let alone other games it was carbon-copied into.
I can only hope you were being intentionally hilarious.

No, I'm being serious. I love the ridiculous level that Capcom ended up milking Morrigan's sprite, and at this point, that's the only way I want to see her.

MisterHero

haunts said:
and ended up being low middle tier when it was all said and done... how sad..

gimme YUN! or Dudley.. or Urien.. anyone but alex.. ok not anyone..
Just because they're the main character doesn't mean they have to have advantages over everyone else. ;)

Riskbreaker23 said:
the DS3/Sixaxis is much better for fighting games than the default 360 and Wii controllers
It sure would be if my left thumb were totally impervious to pain. I will look in to it after I get that nerve reduction surgery in order to play SFA Collection on my PS2 again.

The point is, if you're looking for a "good" fighting game controller, all the systems have fighting sticks. If you're going to be so much of an elitist that you need a good controller for it, why compromise for something below a stick?

You might as well say "I'm hungry, hey there's Kibbles and Bits, that's kind of like human food."

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MisterHero said:
Just because they're the main character doesn't mean they have to have advantages over everyone else. ;)

I guess what I was getting at is there are more iconic characters for the SF3 franchise than Alex at this point. Id say people would rather see like Ibuki than Alex in a new game, and of course Makoto...

Terrell

U K Narayan said:
Oh --- WOW. This has to be the first time we've ever gotten a new version of Morrigan, EVER.
Watch Capcom go to great lengths to make the 3D model animate EXACTLY like that shitty sprite does. Just to appease the otaku.
haunts said:
I guess what I was getting at is there are more iconic characters for the SF3 franchise than Alex at this point. Id say people would rather see like Ibuki than Alex in a new game, and of course Makoto...
Yeah, you're right (<3 For the Ibuki suggestion, BTW!), but Capcom probably wants to achieve that good balance between male and female fighters, and all the Capcom girls are larger fan favourites.

RyanDG

You know, looking at the flyer with the button layout really does support my belief that the game is on the System 246 or 256. I think that it's being developed in mind to convert current Basara X cabinets to it when it's released this December, since Basara X's button layout is almost identical...

Top Bottom