• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I dont know if Makoto would be good in a VS game.. Id rather her be in a game like SF4 or something.. I can only think of the ridiculous combos someone like Urien could pull off in a VS game... although I think Ibuki would really be the best fit for a game like this.

Also, this appears to be 2v2 not 3v3 right?

fernoca

Terrell said:
Watch Capcom go to great lengths to make the 3D model animate EXACTLY like that shitty sprite does. Just to appease the otaku.
:lol :lol :lol
Animate and look..all pixelated..

Woot for obscure characters. Soki was totally unexpected, but very interesting. I don't have much experience with the Onimusha series, but it's good to see Capcom going beyond their mainline series for characters. I hope the see more surprises. Morrigan was an obvious choice, but it will be nice to see her in 3D. Hopefully she's not the only Darkstalkers representative.

Hurricane Polymar and Gold Lightan look great. We need some female Tatsunoko representatives now.

TreIII

RyanDG said:
You know, looking at the flyer with the button layout really does support my belief that the game is on the System 246 or 256. I think that it's being developed in mind to convert current Basara X cabinets to it when it's released this December, since Basara X's button layout is almost identical...

Wouldn't surprise me.

If this game was indeed going to be on the TX2, I would have thought that Capcom would have just come out with it already. Unless they're THAT afraid of this game stealing SF4's thunder (which it most definitely will in Japan any way, no matter which arcade platform it lands on.) :lol

Tenbatsu

Riskbreaker23 said:
that would be an odd choice considering the controller is not made for fighting games
Wtf is this shit? Whats the gamecube and the classic controllers use for? And those Hori and SNK fighting stick?

TreIII

Tenbatsu said:
Wtf is this shit? Whats the gamecube and the classic controllers use for? And those Hori and SNK fighting stick?

Not to mention the GC-PS2 converter pads for those who love their PS2 pad that much. :lol

But seriously...there are a lot of ideal ways to play such a game as TatsuCap on the Wii (should the case be as such), for those who are actually serious about seeking them.

More than likely, if there is a Wii version of the game, it will probably be a standard thing of having Waggle-options for casuals (which would go over well for Tatsunoko fans who don't play these games usually), and more ideal control schemes for sticks and pads for everyone else.

Frankly, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Tatsunoko is a family friendly brand in Japan, and the Wii is the media darling over there, as well. Couple that with a "simplified" control interface and the fact that this game probably could stand to be the answer to the reason of why the Wii will never get SF4, and it just seems to paint a picture of why Capcom would possibly choose Wii for TatsuCap...

But we'll see soon enough, surely.

Troidal

Gunloc said:
Hurricane Polymar and Gold Lightan look great. We need some female Tatsunoko representatives now.

Gold Lightan? WTF? :lol

Female Tatsunoko...hrm, maybe put in Nurse Witch Komugi-chan with her big arse syringe.

[geek]Or maybe the female Ippatsu-man, for those who even know what I am referring to [/geek]

kazuo

Game looks HOT. Can't wait.

Count me in with Shedoshi (sic) for the same old Morrigan sprite.

Also four buttons = Atomiswave. BELIEVE

Troidal said:

Female Tatsunoko...hrm, maybe put in Nurse Witch Komugi-chan with her big arse syringe.

[geek]Or maybe the female Ippatsu-man, for those who even know what I am referring to [/geek]
There was a rumor on the internets that Ai would be on the roster.

LowParry

I'd love to see another Darkstalker character added. NOT the other goddamned vampire please! NOT the goddamn cat!

Troidal said:

pffft...

Doronjo

I guess you mean Ran? Could work, or Ai Kaminari, or Jun, or something else... I don't think we'll see Komugi, or Tekkaman Blade, or Soul Taker, or potentially KARAS at this point. They seem to strictly be sticking to the old school stuff.

Troidal said:

I like giant robots disguised as lighters.

I think Jun from Gatchaman would be interesting, or Polly Esther would be cool. (Any Samurai Pizza Cats representation would be amazing.)

Tenbatsu

Gunloc said:
I like giant robots disguised as lighters.

I think Jun from Gatchaman would be interesting, or Polly Esther would be cool. (Any Samurai Pizza Cats representation would be amazing.)
Dont think there will be any more from Gatchman, they only put one representative per game version. Samurai Pizza Cats and Rockman will be cool thou.

yeah maybe I'm wrong but looking at that video it's totally Vs series style of gameplay and what the hell they did with Alex's voice?! it's way too deep

TreIII

Prime crotch said:
yeah maybe I'm wrong but looking at that video it's totally Vs series style of gameplay and what the hell they did with Alex's voice?! it's way too deep

It looks like Alex's former VA (an English-speaker in the SF3 series) may not have been called back this time, and replaced a Japanese VA. If that be the case, then that would explain a lot...

Threi

notag
oooh man i am craving this one almost as much as SFIV now....this will satisfy my MvC hunger.

give me street fighter alpha IV please capcom.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Prime crotch said:
and what the hell they did with Alex's voice?! it's way too deep

it could be worse. he could have the high pitched michael jackson voice he had in 2nd impact...

TreIII

Bebpo said:
Too many shotos in the game though. It needs another 10 chars or so.

I wouldn't be so quick to presume.

As of right now, the only confirmed "Shotos" we now of are Ryu, Batsu and Morrigan. And each of them play differently enough from each other, such that you can't even really put them into the "Ryu, Ken, Akuma" state of thinking.

It's likely that Ken the Eagle may also play some what Shoto-esque, but even there, from the video, it looks like he still plays quite a bit differently from the others.

And it looks like there will still plenty of variety to be had. For instance, again from the video, it looks like Lightan was fighting by his lonesome (possibly making it so you can only pick him, and he HAS no partner). If true, THAT is the kind variety I've wanted to always see in this series, but hasn't really come into play since back in MSH.

Riou

Fuck yeah! Ryu's super hurricane kick is back. I have no idea why Ryu didn't have this super in third strike but i'm just really happy that its back now.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
dudley is lame anyways :lol

on topic, I hope this is released for PS3 and not just the wii. I don't care if its released on ALL systems just make sures its the one I want to play it on.

RyanDG

So, I posted this over on SRK, but it looks like Gold Lightan doesn't get a partner. From what I can tell there's only one health bar shown on his little 'preview'.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
g35twinturbo said:
dudley is lame anyways :lol

on topic, I hope this is released for PS3 and not just the wii. I don't care if its released on ALL systems just make sures its the one I want to play it on.

Man that is just factually incorrect

kazuo

It seriously looks like SF EX in terms of the movement/floatiness/animation. Not good.

BUT, it doesn't have fruitylicious music like MvC2 and SF3 (back to character themes! YES), so I'm going to give it a pass for the time being.

Besides, it looks like a ton of fun

haunts

Bacon of Hope
looks like it could be fun but needs a lot more characters imo... even if only 4-6 are competitive on a tournament level.. :lol

TreIII

haunts said:
looks like it could be fun but needs a lot more characters imo... even if only 4-6 are competitive on a tournament level.. :lol

Full roster has NOT been shown yet. We still got plenty of more content to learn about for this game, both in characters and system-wise (like WTF is up with Chunners glowing strangely that one moment towards the end?).

Maaseru

Banned
I hope there are more characters, because in one of the stages the littles yellow robots from Mega Man appear, so could MM(or maybe Zero, *prays*) could be about. If the game has the guy from rival schools then I hope they included more people from either that game ,
Darkstalkers(DOnovan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o John Tailbain(sic)) or any other Capcom franchise that hasn't been in a VS game.
On the Tatsunoko side anything seems welcome, but I have to much hope that they include something from Evangelion, either an end boss a stage , a song anything please!!!!!!!!!

Next game should be either shonen jump vs capcom or ghibli vs capcom :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TreIII said:
system-wise (like WTF is up with Chunners glowing strangely that one moment towards the end?).

yeah i was going to comment on that too... chun "dropped combos" li

Ferrio

Banned
Watching that trailer, I just realized that Batsu is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama (link, Videl (Gurren laggan), Seigfried among tons others). Not sure how I never realized that.

Also.... did they change Alex's voice actor? He sounded lame. Guess no worse than Micheal Jackson Alex.

edit: Ya... looks like he's been changed :(

robot

Hope there's more characters...seems a bit limited for a VS game. Lighting looks really good tho, and seems like the gameplay transitioned well from 2D.

RyanDG

robot said:
Hope there's more characters...seems a bit limited for a VS game. Lighting looks really good tho, and seems like the gameplay transitioned well from 2D.

I guess it needs repeating again - the characters revealed so far are only the characters that will be playable at the location test this weekend. The game doesn't release until December. There will be quite a few characters revealed between now and then.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
HK-47 said:
Man that is just factually incorrect

iono.....

I seen alot of people say they are badass with him and how good he is and they always get worked but of course I'm playing with Elena :D

Top Bottom