• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TreIII said:
While we won't, mindless sheep would. So a good score would be all the difference between such people buying the game and passing it over (for what, I couldn't tell ya, as the Wii's line-up over the next 2-3 weeks isn't THAT impressive, no matter where you live :lol).

In any case, I, for one, ain't worried. The amount of largely positive coverage and opinions about the game thus far, gives me rise that the game will do well enough for Famitsu's sake.

As far as "professional" reviews are concerned though, I'd be more interested in some one from Arcadia would have to say, rather than Famitsu. At least they actually would have more to contribute to how well the final product stacks up, as an arcade game, than certainly Fami would.

Arcadia will be an interesting review. I like their magazine a lot.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I don't think Arcadia does reviews for arcade games. Basically they won't say anything bad about a fighting game because they get paid to cover it lol...

I've never seen them say anything bad in a feature, but only when it is a player's opinion in a separate interview.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Game's too freakin' pricey for my own tastes :lol

Hopefully it'll be a bit cheaper coming new year.
Also, I don't remeber if the game is supposed to have online play... pipedreamin' am I?

Canti

^Yeah its costing more than I expected, crappy economy.

Just preordered this and Bleach Versus Crusade at Play-Asia :D unfortunately I can't splash out for a Wii arcade stick atm so I'll be ghetto-ing it with Gamecube pads XD

Gabyskra

Banned
Jut pre-ordered it from P-A as well.

60$ with the 8/50 coupon... It's fine. That's what we pay here anyway (50€) for new games. Used to pay less with importing and waiting a bit though. But that's alright, TvC looks so awesome. Third fighting-game of the year for me after Brawl and Accent Core, I'd have never guessed.

Tenbatsu

Ask those guys above this thread, they went.

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2:
The version they had only had up until the Jun/Roll addition so I didn't get to try Joe or anyone else who has been recently added.

amodf

I know for sure Arcade UFO is getting this. I'm sure FFA, Chinatown Fair, and the usual arcade importing places will still get it.

It's cheap.

Tenbatsu

wallpa_3.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
amodf said:
I know for sure Arcade UFO is getting this. I'm sure FFA, Chinatown Fair, and the usual arcade importing places will still get it.

It's cheap.

How cheap is this (and the standard screen version) compared to SFIV cabinet?

amodf

No standard screen version since there's no dedicated cabinet, just a PCB, and even NCS was selling it for 1900 I think, which is back in line with what CPS2 games used to cost. BlazBlue was the same price (maybe it was 3000, I forget).

amodf

I think the cheaper model is upgrade kit only so you can replace your battle fantasias or maximum impact regulation As or whatever. But i'm not too sure, I know that blazblue is fairly cheap for what it is, though.

TreIII

Ahhh...to think that which used to be so far, is set to happen quite soon, now! :D

C'mon, arcade vids! I wanna see who that boss is!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And when compared to Tekken 6?

(I'm asking because if it's cheaper the local arcades here might import it ^_^)

amodf

tekken 6 basic setup is around 5 grand for a pcb; i doubt any local arcade anywhere wants to spend the grands to import a full-size cab.

akakaze

Banned
2DMention said:
What a weird system to make this for. There's .1% chance of it coming to the U.S. with the tatsunoko characters arent well known in the U.S.

And with all the updates Wii gets, a swap disc is embargoed.

Only chance to play this is to buy an import Wii.

Precisely why I stopped updating my Wii, so my freeloader doesn't stop working before TvC releases. Still works like a charm.

I can't wait for this game.

Going to Japan in a few months, will get an import console then, and resume updates :lol

As for the chances of it coming Stateside, slim to none. They'd have to change the name, and probably most of the characters. Capcom wouldn't waste this engine though, and I could see either a Marvel vs. game, a Shounen Jump vs. game, or just a sequel to Capcom Fighting Evolution using that same engine with different characters. They'd be foolish to pass up Wii gamers who have done a good job of supporting their hardcore efforts on the console thus far...

Dascu

...YAMI?

:lol :lol :lol

Well, that practically confirms Amaterasu. Now finish the Clover trifecta with Gene too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
amaterasu for president! ™

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Budokai and I will try to hit the arcades this upcoming weekend to see if we can find TvC. We've both already played the Wii version and loved it, but I would love to get my hands on an arcade cab before the Wii version hits.

Top Bottom