• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

TreIII

Dascu said:
Besides, they've got the engine down and they should be making some money on the arcade version as well, no?

That's what I'd like to believe.

As I said a few pages back, a number of the old crowds for some other games (like ASW's Hokuto no Ken) have since migrated to this game, and are finding even MORE stuff that just makes the game crazier than before!

So, again, for a limited distribution, budgeted release, TvC is actually doing quite well for itself.

Stormbringer said:
Capcom Side :

- Leon
- Nash (Charlie)
- Date Masamune
- Arthur
- Ibuki
- Vega (M. Bison)
- ReiRei
- Zero Gouki
- Tiara Hime
- Nero
- June
- Rouge
- Tyrant
- Hinata
:(

Those characters would have rocked.

TreIII

Oh, and in case it isn't known already, this game WILL be at SBO '09 (Major Japanese Tournament), right alongside the likes of Fate:UC and SF4.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how the action progresses for each game, but the fact that TvC got in will hopefully do more to showcase the game's popularity and longevity.

amodf

TreIII said:
Oh, and in case it isn't known already, this game WILL be at SBO '09 (Major Japanese Tournament), right alongside the likes of Fate:UC and SF4.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how the action progresses for each game, but the fact that TvC got in will hopefully do more to showcase the game's popularity and longevity.

what fate are you serious. unko national tournament.

this being at sbo should make it fairly popular, at least for a year like SSTenka was. but all the misplaced cvs2 players play sf4 now, will it only be displaced hokuto players

I just looked at the list, WOW no melty blood actress again but GGXXAC and 3S. 3S Arcade Coalition > Ecole at moneyhats I guess. Unless everyone hates melty blood like they should.

Cmagus

sigh this game looks good I don't know why they wouldn't put it out in NA plus all systems a game like this on 360 Arcade, PSN would sell through the roof it baffles me such a dumb decision.Still if it does come here it will give me a reason to break out the Wii again.

rkenshin

Cmagus said:
sigh this game looks good I don't know why they wouldn't put it out in NA plus all systems a game like this on 360 Arcade, PSN would sell through the roof it baffles me such a dumb decision.Still if it does come here it will give me a reason to break out the Wii again.

I'm sure it's the same reason why Jump Super/Ultimate Stars for the DS doesn't come over here

Tenbatsu

I saw the game in arcade here in Singapore, and it looks basically the same. Loading is at the character VS screen. Even the loading jerk is there. I bet its just a Wii board inside just like DC.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
this shit ever hitting the streets of NA?

Decent arcades will probably import it...

Wait, did I just imply that America still had decent arcades? :lol "I can't figure why no one plays this 1999 football game with a burned-in screen and a busted joystick! Oh well, maybe another year and I'll think about replacing it."

TreIII said:
That's what I'd like to believe.

As I said a few pages back, a number of the old crowds for some other games (like ASW's Hokuto no Ken) have since migrated to this game, and are finding even MORE stuff that just makes the game crazier than before!

So, again, for a limited distribution, budgeted release, TvC is actually doing quite well for itself.

Pretty much. I really do get annoyed as all hell when the majority of people scream "bomb" or "mega-failure because of Wii non-gamers" when they know little to nothing about the games situation. Just because it's big on the internet doesn't mean that they're hyping the game outside of these electronic walls.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I got the game this past week. Been playing it...I'm having so much fun. It's worth the import. I haven't unlocked everyone yet, so that's my goal for this week!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I heard the Cube Joy Box works wonders.

Also, I heard you can play as the console characters if you bring your Wii remote to the arcades.

Well, impatience (and a thankfully cheap price) got the better of me, so i'll have one of those Cube Joy Box's in a week or so..

Ookami-kun, your comments are encouraging .. but searching this thread, there seems to be conflicting reports... and definitely over at SRK.com, they have said it only works on Sony PCB's.

I have a HRAP1, so fingers crossed; I will report back with results when i get it.

xero273

the androgyne said:
Well, impatience (and a thankfully cheap price) got the better of me, so i'll have one of those Cube Joy Box's in a week or so..

Ookami-kun, your comments are encouraging .. but searching this thread, there seems to be conflicting reports... and definitely over at SRK.com, they have said it only works on Sony PCB's.

I have a HRAP1, so fingers crossed; I will report back with results when i get it.

I use it with my HRAP2 SA. I was told my HRAP2 SA doesn't use sony PCB, but the stick works in the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Mattlikewhoa said:
Did anyone notice that the price went up a bit over at play asia? (And it's a weeks wait till ship)...

Fuck.

I really don't know what to do, this or SFIV.
The characters here appeal to me more and I'm not going to play SFIV online, on the other hand I've always preferred Third Strike to, say, Marvel vs or Snk vs.

And the game is so damn pricey, but I fear this'll become pretty hard to find.

Dash Kappei

Ookami-kun said:
I think the prices went up out of the economy.

Yeah, probably.

Problem is that I didn't have the chance to play neither of the two, so the choice is a lot more difficult.

What do you guys think?
Some of you folks maybe played both SFIV and TvC?

Anyone knows how to unlock the endings for the gallery mode? I thought that just finishing the game with a character would make the movie appear in the shop, but then I saw that the only movie avaliable was the opening... :(

Tenbatsu

Psymon_Stark said:
Anyone knows how to unlock the endings for the gallery mode? I thought that just finishing the game with a character would make the movie appear in the shop, but then I saw that the only movie avaliable was the opening... :(
Once you cleared with a character, the ending movie will be available inside his/her profile page.

panda21

the final boss is from okami? :lol i was calling it the twilight princess boss because the stage looks just like it :lol :lol

big gold man and first two forms of twilight princess ball are pretty easy cos you can just spam fierce hadouken at them non stop and kill them before they do anything. 3rd form is just impossible!! how?!

Dascu

panda21 said:
the final boss is from okami? :lol i was calling it the twilight princess boss because the stage looks just like it :lol :lol

big gold man and first two forms of twilight princess ball are pretty easy cos you can just spam fierce hadouken at them non stop and kill them before they do anything. 3rd form is just impossible!! how?!
Just keep blocking and do a heavy attack when you have the chance. Be patient, don't try to do any crazy combos and definitely don't use a super. Save up your super bars to do a Mega Crush in case Yami does his grab super attack.

I spent circa 4 hours yesterday beating the game 3 times with groups from each side to get all the characters unlocked in the shop, then went and played Score Attack and Time Mode to get the points I needed... and this damn game has Autosave disabled by default -_- so when i turned it off i lost EVERYTHING.

Why do Japanese games have autosave disabled by default when most western games have it enabled by default. Are we just being lazy?

By the way, getting over 10 wins in a row playing with a friend (Or just another Wii controller you pressed start on0 is a great way to earn points, but its prolly much faster just going to the minigames.

Dash Kappei

Ok, you guys sold me on it.

Seventy Fucking Dollars!
Thank god for the $8 off coupon but still that's fucking outrageous for a Wii game considering how much I usually pay for a game :-/

Hopefully they won't be releasing a 2n chapter in '09 but wait till 2010 :lol

One of the thing that sold me on it (aside from everything else like tons of characters I used to watch on tv when I was a kid in the early '80s) is that, since the game's missing an online mode, the fact that it only sports 4 buttons will definitely help when playing vs "casual" friends (nobody but me will have the game).

Sorry if you already pointed it out itt but is there a comprehensive moveset guide out online, one that includes combos perhaps?

Buy the game off of eBay. I payed 59.99 for it with 20% cash back

Am I the only one hoping theres some sort of DLC for this game? I mean I felt like after unlocking all the characters I've done all there is to do in the game, and the characters there were to unlock were easy to unlock. Any way they can add characters or maybe a new mode (like Challenge or Tournament mode) to the game? I feel like its a good solid fighter but the longetivity sucks when you dont have good local competition (Which I don't, and the hardest mode is too easy).

Dash Kappei

The Abominable Snowman said:
Buy the game off of eBay. I payed 59.99 for it with 20% cash back

Yeah I noticed it as well, but most of them charge at the very least $10 to ship it to me (Italy) instead of the $3.50 PA does, and I don't know why but PA stuff takes a lot less time than my usual Hong Kong/Japan eBay purchases.

Didn't know about the 20% cash back though, is that a cc deal? Damn!

Top Bottom