• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift advert looks suspiciously like Night In The Woods

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
The thing even has a Mae cameo.

Advert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5B1asvFxY
Related music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K0RzZGpyds
Scott Benson (co-creator) tweet: https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/900980742146203648

lzJup0f.png

Edit: Scott seems to be taking it in stride, good man.

6lawJJa.png

Trace

Banned
If anything that ad is scummier than the stolen art.

Retweet and buy shit to get a better chance at buying concert tickets? Jesus christ that's scummy.

Tagg9

Retweet and buy shit to get a better chance at buying concert tickets? Jesus christ that's scummy.

Yeah... wow. I'm more outraged at the ad then the similarities to Night in the Woods.

I hadn't heard of this game and the cat reminded me of some old cartoon I watched as a kid.

Moral of the story, nothing is truly original. Especially not generic shit like this.

BTA

He's tweeted some pretty great stuff about things like this in the past. It's still a little surprising to see it happen around someone like that, though.

It remains painful that people see NitW's art and go "I should copy that" instead of "I should hire Scott Benson".

Applebite

To take a questionable thing and turn it into a good thing, how long is Night in the Woods? I'd like to try and play it before the year is over.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
The actual music video looks a lot more like Vertigo/Fiasco Board Game.

It's just the advert with the striking similarity, which was likely spun from the music video with a dash of NITW thrown into it. It's not just the art style, the close-up cuts in the advert look very similar to some mini-games in NITW too.

Dragonbinder

Neo Member

Like seriously, it's so fucking scummy. Do free advertising, etc, for the concert with the chance to move up and DOWN the queue. Ticketmaster is already broken to fuck with bots and scalpers but to add this weird queue modifier which overides other users and moves you infront of them?

This will do the exact opposite and will be able to be exploited easily by bots surely? Bots can just spam tweets, do trash surveys or quizzes and subscribe to her YouTube or whatever will be required. They then get at the front of the queue.

I'm sorry for the rant but buying tickets for any popular artist is already such a mess, how the hell will this help at all?

Lmao this on top of her releasing her album on the 10th anniversary of Kanye's mom's passing.

To take a questionable thing and turn it into a good thing, how long is Night in the Woods? I'd like to try and play it before the year is over.

Around 8 or so hours. A great little nugget of a game. Check it out.

Keasar

Won't a system designed around persons activity to "get first in line" made with the idea to combat bots just encourage more bots be constantly spamming everything?

It's a lovely game with great writing. Highly recommended to play and like others have mentioned, not a long one.

'you'll have the opportunity to participate in unique activities": 'watch a video', 'shop the store', 'buy the album'...

'activities' :) ...

I like how a Ticketmaster service is admitting normal Ticketmaster sales are overrun with bots.

"Buy things in the store to increase your ranking" really crosses a line.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Something similar happened with Firewatch? Can someone tell me about it?

I think a car dealership (or a car company) stole some of the official art and used in their advertising.

edit: i wonder if the two events are related to the same group - seems like some who work in media are constantly going after indie assets.

Top Bottom