• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift Fans Shut Down Big Machine Records With Death Threats

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Sounds like Taylor Swift's decision to sic her fanbase on her former label has resulted in them getting death threats and being shut down! Imagine that!

Big Machine Records' Offices Shut Down Due to Threats Amid Taylor Swift Feud (Exclusive)

The feud between Taylor Swift and Big Machine has reached a scary new level.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells ET that Big Machine Label Group's headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, was forced to shut down early on Friday, at 12:30 p.m. local time, due to direct and hostile death threats being made to employees of the company.

The source believes that Taylor Swift fans are going to extremes to leak personal contact information and addresses of company employees -- not just Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta. Authorities have not been notified. ET has reached out to Swift's rep for comment.

I've been seeing so many people taking her side in this, without considering just how petty and irresponsible her actions have been. Important to note that she is one of the wealthiest musicians of all time and has over $300 million dollars. Just as well, she grew up rich, her father was a stock broker for Merrill Lynch and her mother was a former mutual fund executive. So all of this is really just a spat between two immensely wealthy parties of privilege. Except in this case Taylor has decided to aim crosshairs at the bottom rung employees where she once worked. Tasteless and petty IMO.

Last edited:

Petrae

Don’t fuck with Swifties, man. You think that video game fans are nuts? Swifties are exponentially worse.

That said, hopefully law enforcement finds the Swifties responsible for making these threats. Maybe the Queen herself should be questioned by law enforcement.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
you would think with two parents that have handled million dollar sales for their entire careers they would have read the damn contract. like how many family lawyers do u think they have on retainer?

meanwhile some random secretaries and office workers in Nashville are getting death threats over this. because a millionaire couldn't agree with another millionaire over how much money they get. it's fucked up.

Petrae

Add them to the pile of "Toxic fandoms".

Social media was a mistake.

Sadly, social media is now only good for rounding up members for angry mob justice, to either issue death threats or launch cancel culture campaigns.

I’d argue that the internet, in general, was a mistake. Social media isn’t all that’s empowered such toxicity, such lunacy. The rabbit hole goes far deeper than that.

Sadly, social media is now only good for rounding up members for angry mob justice, to either issue death threats or launch cancel culture campaigns.

I’d argue that the internet, in general, was a mistake. Social media isn’t all that’s empowered such toxicity, such lunacy. The rabbit hole goes far deeper than that.

I'd also argue that humans have always had this propensity for mob style "justice" and social media/the internet as a whole are just a new tool to enable them. The shitty thing is, what needs to be done to control this mindset? It's a complicated problem but so many people are destroyed over self righteous morons on the internet.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I’m in an Uber on the way to a funeral and already have heard “You Need to Calm Down” twice. This is utter torture. She wrote “Yikes The Song”.

It seems like her entire career is based on self victimization and gaslighting. Rich daughter of two Wall Street shills ffs.

Last edited:
Couldn't the Company have just forced a restraining order on every fan that comes within a few miles of the HQ?

Terrible for Swift to do this to be honest. Should have just changed her sign to a Pronoun like
princesymbol.png
did. (RIP)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm always curious about Taylor Swift, and I think record companies undervalue artists' fanbases, they're almost as important as the artist themselves imho, very few artists go to concerts without fans lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Let’s be honest. How cute is it for TSwizzle fans for acting all hard?

Is anyone really scared of TSwift fans?

Then again, you may have that one crazy man child.

TacosNSalsa

Let’s be honest. How cute is it for TSwizzle fans for acting all hard?

Is anyone really scared of TSwift fans?

Then again, you may have that one crazy man child.
Sure a fan or 2 might not be a problem . But what of 30 of them decide to jump you. Reminds me of a friend that said he wanted to fight 10 midgets at the same time . We told him " they would f*cking kill yo a$$"

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Given that her former label mate Ariana Grande had a terrorist attack at a concert of hers, and she is still signed to Big Machine, sending crazy fans after them to send a message is completely fucking irresponsible.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
All I know is that music companies seem to have among the most exploitative contracts and funding deals in all of entertainment. It's kind of bizarre really when consider that labels are less and less relevant now that few buy physical media and even a garage band can basically self-distribute an album across the planet with ease. And they're not really doing much in the way of advertising either. And paying for a recording is not exponentially expensive either. Swift probably has a top tier studio in her house.

Name almost any band you like and they'll have a horror story about this industry.

Top Bottom