• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

ZeoVGM

Banned
DH7oZ1gWAAQ3T8s.jpg

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Man it must be one of those illusions/mind-tricks (or maybe I'm too tied into current political issues) but every time I see this thread title I see:

Taylor Swift: Republican

Dead

well not really...yet
Man it must be one of those illusions/mind-tricks (or maybe I'm too tied into current political issues) but every time I see this thread title I see:

Taylor Swift: Republican
Same here. Instead it's a thread about a new Taylor swift album. Hilarious.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Does Swift primarily write her own songs, or is she another one of those artists who mostly has a team of people feeding her material to record?

What's this thread got to do with popgaf? The community as it was is no more on Neogaf. You guys need to stop mentioning it already.
But what do they have if they don't have the PopGAF boogeyman waiting around every corner to ambush them with harmless gifs and slang?

Why exactly do people hate Taylor so much on here? It isn't the Kanye thing that happened last year because the hate on here was way before that. I have seen some disgusting, misogynist comments thrown at Taylor on here over the years. Why? Why is she hated and why do some people on here feel it is okay to throw such unpleasant comments at her?

Read this: https://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodw...r-entire-caree?utm_term=.hoP56eoDW#.sh2LeanOl

A tl;dr is she plays victim when it makes sense for her branding and marketing so she can capitalize on the money

Bronx-Man

Banned
Kendrick did.

Hard to go lower than Channel Orange, but he hasn't put out a good project since Nostalgia, Ultra so it's not surprising really. Frank is perhaps one of the best modern songwriters who can't seem to make many good songs.
What in the fuck is this post

Hard to go lower than Channel Orange, but he hasn't put out a good project since Nostalgia, Ultra so it's not surprising really. Frank is perhaps one of the best modern songwriters who can't seem to make many good songs.

.................goddamn, someday I've gotta actually take my own advice and stay out of OT. yall ain't right

AHA-Lambda

What's this thread got to do with popgaf? The community as it was is no more on Neogaf. You guys need to stop mentioning it already.

Well even if it's not explicitly popgaf then there are a lot of in references in this thread that I don't know what anyone is talking about personally :/
I assumed popgaf

Cipherr

I don't know much about this girl, I don't follow pop music much even though I don't mind it. But I had at least heard stuff on this forum and news about her trouble dating.

Then like a month ago (maybe more) I heard a song by her on the radio where she straight up references it. Said something like how she couldn't make her boyfriends stick around or something. I missed the full context of it because I was driving, but I thought it was funny that she straight up said it like that in a song.

Well even if it's not explicitly popgaf then there are a lot of in references in this thread that I don't know what anyone is talking about personally :/
I assumed popgaf
No there aren't, no one in popgaf even used the "snek' nickname being used right now and people are arguing about Frank Ocean. You've got to be fucking kidding me if we're still going to get people bringing nothing to the conversation with "lel popgaf" posts when the community doesn't even exist anymore.

Is there a reason some people are being so defensive about being potentially labeled "popgaf" and others being adamant popgaf is no longer a community? Did popgaf do something or whatever?

wisdom0wl

Kendrick did.

the fuck did i just read

Oozer3993

If it's midnight then wouldn't technically be Friday?

Technically, though iTunes has a history of updating on Atlantic time, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the song pop up at 11PM EST tonight.

Does Swift primarily write her own songs, or is she another one of those artists who mostly has a team of people feeding her material to record?

Almost entirely her. Even her most prolific co-writer, Liz Rose, didn't do much beyond edit the songs down. It's usually safe to assume that Taylor is the sole writer on any of her song and any listed co-writer are more like vanity credits. As an example, Taylor had already written the entirety of 22 before ever meeting Max Martin and collaborator Shellback. Yet they're both listed as writers. Her first contract with a label was as a writer. She left after the label refused to put her forward as a performer.

AHA-Lambda

Is there a reason some people are being so defensive about being potentially labeled "popgaf" and others being adamant popgaf is no longer a community? Did popgaf do something or whatever?

I genuinely have no clue, I thought it was still a thing.

Think I've stepped on a hornet nest and am going to bow out now frankly :/

Servbot24

Banned

She's one of those artists where if you listen to the sound waves vibrating from the album they sound good

Seriously why would anyone care about anything else

Top Bottom