• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift's new Music Video (Possibly sponsored by BLACKED)

HarryKS

Is this a new album, her new stuff, much like Katy Perry's isn't very catchy compared to her previous oeuvre.

CSmath22

Banned
It wouldn't be so infuriating if It wasn't so obviously pandering to a certain tribe's disgusting sexual fetish. And it's not even representative of reality in the slightest (among married white women, for instance, fewer than 0.7% have a black husband.) Really puts it into perspective when every single new tv show, movie, comic, video game, music video, etc. all push the same thing.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
It wouldn't be so infuriating if It wasn't so obviously pandering to a certain tribe's disgusting sexual fetish. Among married white women, for instance, fewer than 0.7% have a black husband. Really puts it into perspective when every single new tv show, movie, comic, video game, music video, etc. all push the same thing.

Honestly I'm so tired of seeing white women/black men pairings in the media, do they think I'm retarded?

It wouldn't be so infuriating if It wasn't so obviously pandering to a certain tribe's disgusting sexual fetish. And it's not even representative of reality in the slightest (among married white women, for instance, fewer than 0.7% have a black husband.) Really puts it into perspective when every single new tv show, movie, comic, video game, music video, etc. all push the same thing.

I was actually reminded the other day, by the news of a Matrix 4, of how annoyed I was with movies back then never really showing mixed race couples.

You'd very occasionally get Will Smith dating a particularly olive skinned Mediterranean looking woman in his mivies, but him aside, it was rare enough in (particularly US/Hollywood) media to see any mixed race couples, even for romances set in other countries.

Just weird how in less than 2 decades it's almost completely reversed, and jist how common particularly Black Male/White Female pairings have become on screen, despite that being by statistically quite uncommon.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

What is happening to GAF? It's like nothing should be allowed anymore. Nobody is pushing anything. I work with a 2 white women that have married black men. Are they the 0.7%?

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
What is happening to GAF? It's like nothing should be allowed anymore. Nobody is pushing anything. I work with a 2 white women that have married black men. Are they the 0.7%?
There's nothing wrong with it. In fact I'm always trying to help my best friend (black) find himself a Latina, he doesn't want any other kind of woman. The problem is it's clearly an agenda being pushed nonstop in music videos, movies, shows, comics, etc. People are getting tired of the obvious agenda.

I dont think anyone is saying there's anything wrong with any combination of races in relationships with one another, it's more that one of the fundamental strengths humans have that allowed us to conquer the planet is pattern recognition, and when something unisual happens regularly, we notice.

And, regardless of the fact there's nothing in any way wrong with such relationships in reality, the fact the media is choosing to show mixed race couples, particularly BM/WF, far, FAR more often than is the case in the real world, it's only naturally that that's both going to be noticed and naturally questioned, because it is obviously a choice someone has made that goes against the lived experience they'd be naturally drawing their inspiration and choices from.

In a related note, the number of European, Black, Oriental and Asian people in UK media is massively disproportionately to the actual ratios those minorities have to one another. In particular Black people are massively over represented, while Asian people barely appear, despite the fact that there are 3 times as many of the latter than the former in the UK.

Again though, I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong or that it needs to stop, I'm just curious as to why it's happening.

mckmas8808

If the statistic is accurate, yes.

I'd like to see a source on that stat. Please why did that person use the "married" stat? Why not use a stat that asks how many white women have dated black guys?

There's nothing wrong with it. In fact I'm always trying to help my best friend (black) find himself a Latina, he doesn't want any other kind of woman. The problem is it's clearly an agenda being pushed nonstop in music videos, movies, shows, comics, etc. People are getting tired of the obvious agenda.

But what's the agenda? And if there is an agenda why is the agenda bad?

I dont think anyone is saying there's anything wrong with any combination of races in relationships with one another, it's more that one of the fundamental strengths humans have that allowed us to conquer the planet is pattern recognition, and when something unisual happens regularly, we notice.

And, regardless of the fact there's nothing in any way wrong with such relationships in reality, the fact the media is choosing to show mixed race couples, particularly BM/WF, far, FAR more often than is the case in the real world, it's only naturally that that's both going to be noticed and naturally questioned, because it is obviously a choice someone has made that goes against the lived experience they'd be naturally drawing their inspiration and choices from.

In a related note, the number of European, Black, Oriental and Asian people in UK media is massively disproportionately to the actual ratios those minorities have to one another. In particular Black people are massively over represented, while Asian people barely appear, despite the fact that there are 3 times as many of the latter than the former in the UK.

Again though, I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong or that it needs to stop, I'm just curious as to why it's happening.

The lack of Asians could be happening for language barrier reasons. Or maybe writers and directors so far haven't found a good way to write them in scripts due to their lack of imagination. And you are right about the fact that it causes people to naturally question things. But have those same people been around many interracial couples in their personal lives?

It seems you almost take offense at the numbers. Before posting the source material, which I will, I have to ask, what percentage do you think it is?

I don't take offense to the numbers at all. Just curious where you got them from. Plus, if that's an American number you'll have to take into context that location matters. If the 0.7% number is real, that's NOT the number for California or New York City. Where you live changes what that stat will be of course. Where I live, interracial dating between a black man and a white woman happens WAY more than that number represents.

And many TV shows, movies, and music videos are happening in cities where people actually date outside their race.

Nymphae

Banned
I'd like to see a source on that stat. Please why did that person use the "married" stat? Why not use a stat that asks how many white women have dated black guys?

Probably because they have stats for that? I'm not sure anyone is tracking who is dating who on a national scale.

My personal experience is that it is very uncommon outside of media, and I live in a fairly liberal/progressive area of Canada. I have actually been quite surprised by the number of women I've met that expressed to me that they would never date a black guy, I have never actually heard the reverse from a man personally.

Last edited:

CSmath22

Banned

Because it's a large scale study (50,000,000+) and data from online dating apps doesn't really dispute it.

'Tinder has a race problem nobody wants to talk about'
'How Racial Discrimination Plays Out In Online Dating'
'Racism is rife on dating apps'
And so on.

I don't take offense to the numbers at all. Just curious where you got them from.

From the 2010 US Census.

Plus, if that's an American number you'll have to take into context that location matters. If the 0.7% number is real, that's NOT the number for California or New York City. Where you live changes what that stat will be of course. Where I live, interracial dating between a black man and a white woman happens WAY more than that number represents.

And many TV shows, movies, and music videos are happening in cities where people actually date outside their race.

The only stages left are depression and acceptance (you've already gone from denial to bargaining.)

Admittedly, it wasn't "less than 0.7%." It was actually 0.74% (309,172 / 41,607,276.)

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Because it's a large scale study (50,000,000+) and data from online dating apps doesn't really dispute it.

'Tinder has a race problem nobody wants to talk about'
'How Racial Discrimination Plays Out In Online Dating'
'Racism is rife on dating apps'
And so on.

From the 2010 US Census.

The only stages left are depression and acceptance (you've already gone from denial to bargaining.)

Admittedly, it wasn't "less than 0.7%." It was actually 0.74% (309,172 / 41,607,276.)

I love how OKCupid removed the filtering for ethnicity, like that's somehow going to change the proclivities people have. If you were going to filter out blacks, you're now just going to not click their profiles instead.

Last edited:

Breakage

The black guy with a white woman stuff is all the rage in the world of entertainment. It's particularly noticeable in UK advertising. But it doesn't reflect reality and that's why I can't help but feel it's another way of having a pop at the straight white male (I say that as someone who isn't white). It's an interracial fantasy expressed by a section of the white population who fetishize blackness from a safe distance.

mckmas8808

Probably because they have stats for that? I'm not sure anyone is tracking who is dating who on a national scale.

My personal experience is that it is very uncommon outside of media, and I live in a fairly liberal/progressive area of Canada. I have actually been quite surprised by the number of women I've met that expressed to me that they would never date a black guy, I have never actually heard the reverse from a man personally.

Okay, so you are in Canada so that's different. But to some other people's point earlier, you're seeing more interracial relationships on TV and movies because it's happening more in real life.

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-12.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-02-01.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-00-04.png

FT_17.06.01_multiracialBabies.png

And like I said earlier it depends on where you live. Look at this map.
FT_17.06.07_intermarriage_map.png

Lots of TV shows and movies take place in Southern California, New York City, Chicago, Washington DC, and Miami. And clearly that's where most of our interracial marriages are happening.

Denial and Bargaining? LOL!!! I live in reality man. You still have no clue what life in like for people in America around or close to main cities.

Last edited:

Don't notice or question things. That's the path to becoming an N word.

Okay, so you are in Canada so that's different. But to some other people's point earlier, you're seeing more interracial relationships on TV and movies because it's happening more in real life.

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-12.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-02-01.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-00-04.png

FT_17.06.01_multiracialBabies.png

And like I said earlier it depends on where you live. Look at this map.
FT_17.06.07_intermarriage_map.png

Lots of TV shows and movies take place in Southern California, New York City, Chicago, Washington DC, and Miami. And clearly that's where most of our interracial marriages are happening.

Denial and Bargaining? LOL!!! I live in reality man. You still have no clue what life in like for people in America around or close to main cities.
You don't say! Forced proximity, and propaganda in the media is the reason for any increase in interracial couples. The fact that it's still so low shows it's not preferred naturally.

Nymphae

Banned
I just heard that someone who went to school with her came forward and said she always thought she was better than everyone. Really bitchy. Etc.

I have no interest in defending Swift, but at the same time, a highschool acquantance/nobody saying a pop star was catty in high school doesn't really sway my opinion one way or the other. A good percentage of attractive blondes were probably catty in their youth.

I have no interest in defending Swift, but at the same time, a highschool acquantance/nobody saying a pop star was catty in high school doesn't really sway my opinion one way or the other. A good percentage of attractive blondes were probably catty in their youth.
My mentioning it wasn't to sway anyone's opinion of her, just spewing what I had heard about her. I don't like her (now) because she seems to be a pandering asshole and her music went from great to preachy garbage.

CSmath22

Banned

Clearly not, as nothing you posted disputed a word I said. General interracial couplings are happening more, relatively speaking, because the demographics of the country are shifting (as well as their definitions.) Lest we all forget, it wasn't until the 2010s that states[1] and the federal government[2] even bothered to notice that these 2 individuals are of different ethnic groups;

W3Nejis.png

“In an effort to provide comprehensive information about the fugitives included in the Texas Most Wanted programs, the department will implement a change to the state-generated bulletins, which will now include all categories of information we are able to confirm – including both race AND ethnicity when available,” Ms. Blackwell said in an email on Thursday, July 21[,2016]."

If you'd actually looked at the data I provided, you would've seen;

white women - 95.6% white husband
black women - 94.3% black husband
hispanic women - 81.3% hispanic husband
asian women - 77.6% asian husband

See those 2 groups on the bottom? I bolded them to make it easy. And their populations are growing while the white population declines and the black population remains somewhat steady. Voila, 'interracial marriages are on the rise so we should push white female/black male...' even though it's the 4th most common pairing behind white male/hispanic female, white male/asian female, and white female/hispanic male.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned

See those 2 groups on the bottom? I bolded them to make it easy.

But bro he knows two white women that date black guys, checkmate.

mckmas8808

Clearly not, as nothing you posted disputed a word I said. General interracial couplings are happening more, relatively speaking, because the demographics of the country are shifting (as well as their definitions.) Lest we all forget, it wasn't until the 2010s that states[1] and the federal government[2] even bothered to notice that these 2 individuals are of different ethnic groups;

W3Nejis.png

See those 2 groups on the bottom? I bolded them to make it easy. And their populations are growing while the white population declines and the black population remains somewhat steady. Voila, 'interracial marriages are on the rise so we should push white female/black male...' even though it's the 4th most common pairing behind white male/hispanic female, white male/asian female, and white female/hispanic male.
But bro he knows two white women that date black guys, checkmate.

Damn yall mad Taylor might have touched a black man's penis at one point. The sensitivity is on 1,000! Feels a little snowflakish to me. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

So where are ALL these movies and videos that you are seeing that's "PUSHING" the Black man with White Woman agenda that you are so scared of? And AGAIN (for the 3rd time because clearly you two aren't smart enough to get it) you are speaking about national stats, yet are overlooking that those numbers will be lower than the interracial numbers in and around major cities where most of these movies and shows are taking place.

A part of me want to see her appear on Maury lol

Some of yall are really starting to tell on yourselves. :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Her "boyfriends"...
Joe Jonas
Lucas Till
Taylor Lautner
John Mayer
Cory Monteith
Jake Gyllenhaal
Eddie Redmayne
Zac Efron
Conor Kennedy
Harry Styles
Calvin Harris
Tom Hiddleston
Joe Alwyn

....You do the math and tell me this isn't some corporate play to sell records and brand herself as WOKE!

Top Bottom