• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tchia - Review Thread (available today on PS+ Extra)

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Available March 21 on PS4, PS5 and PC

Deep Dive trailer

MetaScore: 79 with 22 reviews

OC : 78 with 40 reviews

9/10

9/10

8.5/10

8.5/10

7/10

8/10

Last edited:

Reallink

The video gives me vibes of a higher budget/production Roblox game, which is not a compliment. For those of you without any kids around you, most of them are aimless and directionless open world games you perform a bunch of really basic random tasks in, usually to earn currencies to spend on meaningless cosmetic trinkets and bobbles. I'm curious if this 5 minute super cut of a bunch of random mini games and seeming busy work is an accurate representation of the game, cause it certainly doesn't have me racing to download.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I just got it on PC (4090 Rig)

Very smooth maxed out 120fps on a C2 so imagine it would run higher easily without a cap, also cant imagine a PS5 couldn't run this at 60.
However it doesn't look anywhere near as nice or deep in terms of colour.

PC version does not support HDR seemingly.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Does anyone know when this is available today?

When I check the PS Store the only option is "Add to Wishlist".

Is it already available if you're a PS+ Extra subscriber?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This game looks unbelievable on an OLED big shame though as it’s 30fps on PS5
No 60fps option (on PS5) no download.
But people have told me no game yet pushes the PS5

Anyhow same here no 60 fps no download
Thankfully my Sony TV makes everything 60fps.
Understand Captain America GIF

SJRB

Gold Member
The performance is a bummer because otherwise the game is great.

Very soothing, relaxing and comfy, visually beautiful and a lot of neat ideas. The ukulele mechanics are insane, I'm sure a dev spent 5 years developing those.

Also: you can pet every animal and you can high five everyone you meet! And if you pet a dog or cat they follow you around! 10/10 game.

Me too. It looks great but 30fps on my oled will look rank. I hope they patch it soon.
I may buy it now anyway because of how excited I am for it. I can handle 30fps but only after I watch a 24fps movie or TV show.

It also depends on how smooth the framerate is. Red Dead 2 has the best 30fps implementation that I know of.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I may buy it now anyway because of how excited I am for it. I can handle 30fps but only after I watch a 24fps movie or TV show.

It also depends on how smooth the framerate is. Red Dead 2 has the best 30fps implementation that I know of.
For sure. I played horizon forbidden west and god of war ragnarok at 30 fps and they were totally playable

Kuranghi

Does it have HDR on PS5? Hows thats looking compared to SDR? I presumed it wouldn't have it and if it did the colour and contrast would be all fucked up because small dev team not knowing how to make a good HDR presentation.

This game looks unbelievable on an OLED big shame though as it’s 30fps on PS5

30fps gaming on OLED without the best motion blur imaginable:

200.gif

Thankfully my Sony TV makes everything 60fps.

This reference will be funny forever to me.

Tch-tch-tch-TCHIA!

What is this game doing visually that the ps5 cant handle at 60 fps?

I doubt it that so much as its just it being an open world game thats not made to take advantage of the PS5. So they've just cranked the resolution and some other settings to max and locked it to 30fps to save hassle. Bums I know, they'll add a 60fps mode soonish I'm sure though. Probably could run at 60 locked right now but at a resolution below 1440p and they decided to priortise IQ over motion clarity because the game doesn't really feature any intense input action that would be 10x better at 60fps.

Top Bottom