• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tea |OT| Oh, tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heero5

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be safe. I use this kettle and like it a lot.
I feel like I've been told it's bad to keep reboiling the same water. That said I have no idea if that's true, I have water all day in my Kurig and that's always been fine.

Thanks again for the advice.

Edit: I noticed this kettle has a temperature control, my Nesco only has just off boil. Price is great on the linked kettle.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel like I've been told it's bad to keep reboiling the same water. That said I have no idea if that's true, I have water all day in my Kurig and that's always been fine.

Thanks again for the advice.

Edit: I noticed this kettle has a temperature control, my Nesco only has just off boil. Price is great on the linked kettle.

Reboiled water is completely safe to drink. The myth around it is that you're concentrating all the bad things in the water when you reboil/boil for extended periods of time.

But you'd have to do such a high level of concentration that would be impossible with a kettle or any other kind of standard kitchen equipment for this to ever be a concern.

Anyway, I agree with ameratsu, here. An electric kettle is the way to go for most people.

Heero5

Reboiled water is completely safe to drink. The myth around it is that you're concentrating all the bad things in the water when you reboil/boil for extended periods of time.

But you'd have to do such a high level of concentration that would be impossible with a kettle or any other kind of standard kitchen equipment for this to ever be a concern.

Anyway, I agree with ameratsu, here. An electric kettle is the way to go for most people.
Oh it's a myth for electric kettles and various kitchen appliances, interesting! Think I'll go fill my kettle up with 8 cups (max) of water and enjoy Oolong tea at the ready for 2-3 days.

Thanks again so much for the incredibly insightful responses! This thread has really helped reinvigorate my love for tea.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Just got some new teas in! I've been waiting all summer to start working again so that I can start buying. My haul is from Harney & Son's and I got Master Mark sencha, blueberry iced tea, and new glass teapot from tryeh.

I had it shipped to work so I can't wait until I get home to make a pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom