• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team 17 announces Genesis Alpha One (PC and consoles,UE4,SCI -Fi FPS)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSJ_Hw--Bc

Genesis Alpha One is a revolutionary mix of roguelike shooter, base building and survival that puts you in the role of an interstellar pioneer. In a near future ravaged by wars; corrupt regimes and global capitalism left unchecked have resulted in natural resource over-exploitation and pollution devastating the planet.

Societies are collapsing. Supported by Earth's remaining governments, four influential corporations initiate the Genesis program. As the Captain of a Genesis starship, you journey into uncharted space on the ultimate mission. Build and manage a space vessel, farm resources, deal with terrifying alien infestations, clone creatures and explore a vast, randomly generated universe.

Your goal: Find new homes for humanity's DNA and save the species from extinction Genesis Alpha One will be coming to PC and Console.

As the Captain of a Genesis starship, you journey into uncharted space on the ultimate mission. Build and manage a space vessel, farm resources, deal with terrifying alien infestations, clone creatures and explore a vast, randomly generated universe.

Your goal: Find new homes for humanity's DNA and save the species from extinction.

KEY FEATURES

BUILD AND MANAGE YOUR UNIQUE STARSHIP
EXPLORE A VAST, RANDOMLY-GENERATED UNIVERSE
BATTLE ALIEN INFESTATIONS
CLONE YOUR CREW AND CREATE NEW LIFEFORMS
HARVEST RESOURCES FROM THE VASTNESS OF SPACE
UNCOVER THE STORY OF THE GENESIS PROGRAM
FIND GENESIS CANDIDATES & SECURE HUMANTITY'S FUTURE

2d7hJNcgmcxpsVGHAaJvuY.jpg

FbAi32Lz2uUd9WFMQJxw8Z.jpg

5Pcu68aeVxQSVhEKyxuZmZ.jpg

pyaBEUPyRxKxFyCdC9AnrZ.jpg

http://www.radiationblue.com/wp/

I like it.

GoaThief

That looks interesting, so glad Team17 still going. Amiga legends.

Hopefully some Alien Breed is in there somewhere?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Genesis Alpha One, will be launching on January 29th 2019 on the Epic Games store for PC and simultaneously on the PlayStation and Microsoft stores on January 29th, 2019 priced at £24.99/$29.99/€29.99. A boxed version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be available from select retailers worldwide.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So this is coming out on the 29th. It's looking really damn good. Got it pre-ordered for the X. Anyone else excited for this?

Meh. I'm still waiting for Team17 to port their excellent iOS remasters of Superfrog:

superfrog.jpg

and Alien Breed to modern platforms (Xbone, PS4, Switch):

alienbreed.jpg

It seems idiotic not to bundle them and sell them. 99% of the work is already done. Those are the games that Team 17 are known for (back when they were a developer) and should be reselling just like Nintendo does with Mario and Zelda.

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
I saw the trailer on the PSN store and thought it looked awesome, didn't know or expect it to be team17. Surprising work from them, must have grown for this development.

So this game too has that 12 month EPIC store exclusivity deal. Even though they spent last year drumming up the interest in it on the steam.

Top Bottom