• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update Info, Pyro Megaton

If Im not mistaken, wasn't at least one of the medic achievements retroactive? Could have sworn I started with a chunk of lifetime heals completed. Why dont they do the same for kills on the other classes?

ultron87

adg1034 said:
The awesome part is that you'll know the makeup of your team, so assuming you've got 3 Pyros, 2 Snipers, and everyone else as Spies, it should make determining who's in disguise very, very easy. That is, until all the Spies start disguising themselves solely as one class, confusing the hell out of everyone on the other side.

Really the only chance spies have is to disguise themselves as enemy spies, as there will be so many of them. They'll still probably get set on fire, but they might last slightly longer.

webrunner

benjipwns said:
No.
A Cut Above and Who’s Your Daddy? icons.

Skullpluggery for the headshot one.

For other people's references:
tf_spy_whos_your_daddy.png

tf_spy_a_cut_above.png

Both show knifing a weapon.

And here's skullpluggery:
tf_spy_skullpluggery.png

There's also a theory that the unlockable gun will be called the 'peacemaker', hence the "diplomacy" acheivement.

edit: Another post
Robin Walker said:
I think I've found my man. Valve's staff is now down to two employees: me and our Greek intern Stavros Xanthis. We're sitting in the main board room, staring at each other from across the table. I turned up the thermostat as far as it will go. It's hard to make him out behind the waves of heat coming out of the vents, but I think he looks guilty.

Concept17

webrunner said:

tf_spy_a_cut_above.png

Or the first could be beating a Demo in a melee fight.(since demo says "Whos Your Daddy") And the second, killing another spy with a knife who is using a gun. "A Cut Above" sounds like it would fit too.

ultron87

webrunner said:

tf_spy_a_cut_above.png

Those are probably just achievements for backstabbing scouts and enemy spies. Both of which seem like they don't happen that often.

Bunny

"UNLOCKED - Welcome to the internets: Fail to understand what 'Private' means on YouTube."

:lol i love valve's great sense of humor.

webrunner

Final part:
Robin Walker said:
"Marianne, send in someone please. Anyone at all. Oi! Send in someone with one eyebrow! That'd be marvelous."
"Sir, you've fired everyone."
"Already? But it's not even eight o'clock."
"You've outdone yourself, sir."
"Beaut. Alright, make a note that we need to hire 500 employees tomorrow."
"Yes, sir."
"Then put me down the day after that for firing all of them."
"Yes, sir."
"Oh, and get them to bring stuff in tomorrow. Tell them to put it in their desks. Tell them to load their desks right up."
"Yes, sir."
"Also, you're fired."
"Yes, sir."

[The end. See you tomorrow!]

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Concept17 said:
Or the first could be beating a Demo in a melee fight.(since demo says "Whos Your Daddy") And the second, killing another spy with a knife who is using a gun. "A Cut Above" sounds like it would fit too.

It has to be for killing Scouts. Not only does it show a bat, but the name itself is most assuredly a reference to Spy's affair with Scout's mom.

Sciz

Suburban Cowboy said:
If Im not mistaken, wasn't at least one of the medic achievements retroactive? Could have sworn I started with a chunk of lifetime heals completed. Why dont they do the same for kills on the other classes?
They can only retroactively credit you for stats they were tracking prior to the achievements.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
ThaiGrocer said:
Robin Walker is a clear candidate for losing company blogging privileges.

He freakin' helped create Team Fortress way back in the days of Quake and dinosaurs when Valve was a fledgling rebel developer with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. I think he is afforded a few liberties with the TF2 blog a few dozen people might read.

cresto

Sooo someone explain this to me. is this weeks update the spy only? because i was really excited about a double update

It's a double update.

The phollowing is photoshop phail, posted for posterity and later use:
d4l6d.png

my favorite is defenestrated

edit: I think we should just stick with the big board from the previous posts.:lol

cresto

ThaiGrocer said:
It's a double update.
thanks, I wasn't sure considering they released the achievements for the spy but not the sniper. omfg i cant wait to stick people to walls. YES

Ramenman

I've been working through the staff in alphabetical order. So far I'm up to the L's. I told Marc Laidlaw I had a book in my office I wanted him to see. I didn't tell him the name of that book: Marc Laidlaw, You Are Fired, by Robin Walker.

That's golden :lol

Sciz said:
They can only retroactively credit you for stats they were tracking prior to the achievements.

Well they already track number of backstabs, health leeched and times ubered as spy, so any achievements based on those should be auto unlocked for existing career spies (the current spy achievement is get healed while disguised anyway)

MrNyarlathotep said:
Well they already track number of backstabs, health leeched and times ubered as spy, so any achievements based on those should be auto unlocked for existing career spies (the current spy achievement is get healed while disguised anyway)
I really doubt they will though, which I find frustrating. Especially for the ones with really high goals.

Javaman

Raging Spaniard said:
Oh well, 30 hours of spy playing time down the drain I suppose.

You don't even want to know how many engineer hours I have in already. It's over a factor of ten more then your spy hours. :eek:P

I'm not looking forward to getting these unlocked.

So did anyone catch any differences between the leaked version and the released one? "Leaked video" was obviously added, I wonder what it took the place of. There was one other change I noticed, the announcer doesn't say "Intruder Alert!" twice, just once.

Zyzyxxz said:
any idea when the update is out?
Which update? The SniperSpy update is coming out on Thursday 21st. Don't know if there's a blog update yet, but the team fortress blog is down for me. Me thinks that might be an update, but I'm just overexcited at the work place. HEE HEE.

ElNarez

Banned
Hey, you remember the Scout Update ? You remember the mail order coupon there was in the page for the Force-A-Nature ?
Well, some crazy people actually sent the coupon to Valve. And Valve RESPONDED.
1242716774411.jpg

A) It's totally sweet and awesome
B) It confirms that the next weapon for the Spy will be called the Ambassador
C) Valve > All.

Won

VaLiancY said:

Ah the internet never disappoints. I hope Valve recorded all the stuff at some point. :D

ElNarez said:
Hey, you remember the Scout Update ? You remember the mail order coupon there was in the page for the Force-A-Nature ?
Well, some crazy people actually sent the coupon to Valve. And Valve RESPONDED.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/ElNarez/1242716774411.jpg[IMG]
A) It's totally sweet and awesome
B) It confirms that the next weapon for the Spy will be called the Ambassador
C) Valve > All.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. The amount of win we saw from Valve over the last few days is crazy.

Zyzyxxz

Won said:
Seriously. The amount of win we saw from Valve over the last few days is crazy.

Seriously they should just charge us for games so they can use it to speed up development and get off their valve time.

Blizzard

Banned
Dangit Valve, if you hadn't fired everyone we could have had an update today. :( I'm going to rage if the last sniper update is something terrible.

ElNarez

Banned
New weapon :

The Spy said:
I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is The Ambassador, the most powerful handgun in Team Fortress 2, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Top Bottom