• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team NINJA trolled you with Ninja Gaiden 3 (360/PS3 users)

Genre: Action
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Team NINJA / Tecmo Koei
Release: Holiday 2012
Players: 1

Ryu + Wii U = Ninja Awesomeness

The solitary Ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, must find a way to lift the deadly curse on his right arm before it destroys him... NINJA GAIDEN 3 has been reworked to bring to Wii U the truly intense, high-speed challenge and action NINJA GAIDEN fans demand. With more weapon and Ninpo types, a new character progression system, a redesigned battle system and the return of dismemberment, NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge improves upon the original NINJA GAIDEN 3 in every way and offers Wii U exclusive features and functionalities.
Features:

Unique Wii U controls – During single-player mode, players can enjoy faster and more fluid action by using the touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller to select weapons, execute Ninpo, see in-game information and much more.

New Weapons and Ninpo Types – Exclusive to the Wii U version, the game includes six weapon types and three Ninpo types, allowing for greater game-play variation and deeper strategy.

Character/Weapon Progression System – Using the Karma points earned during game play, a player can upgrade his weapons and Ninpo and increase the character HP level.

Faster, More Intense Battles – Improved enemy AI, the return of dismemberment, as well as new enemy types and battle areas have been added for greater variety in battles and increased replay value.

holy shit, not even Itagaki will come with something like this.

ezekial45

Banned
I had a feeling they'd do that.
KuGsj.gif

I'm willing to give it another chance. It's not a horrible game, but they made some misguided decisions. They definitely felt the backlash from fans.

Poyunch

This is the exact thought I had when it popped up on the Conference. Dat Tecmo x Nintendo relationship.

Maybe that T-Rex won't act so stupid this time.

Haunted

Wow, that is pretty fucking incredible.

Pretty sure the damage to the Ninja Gaiden [3] name has already been done. You can't just release a gimped version and get away with that. The name is tarnished.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
no they trolled all NG fans and killed the franchise in the process.

MGR:Revengeance is the last japanese action combat game ever.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
NG3 is the only NG game I actually liked ...only Wii U related thing I'm excited for also

Carbonox

:lol at thinking those additions will make it a good game. Fucking play the vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 from start to finish to see that it's a piece of shit in game design in EVERY fucking way. Increased AI, added moves, etc. will do nothing to make the core design of this game better. It will still be crap, just with a bit of added replay value if you wish to torture yourself further but in a different manner.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DLC for 360/PS3 owners, I bet.

Just like the 2 DLC weapons shortly after launch? Fat chance.

They need to fix the combat engine before anything else. Missing what you're going for is pretty damn stupid.

goldenpp72

Did they fix the fact that weapons feel like you're hitting enemies with a stick of butter, the annoying qtes, and the fact that the combat feels automatic and awful now?

ultim8p00

Banned
Yeah, this makes perfect sense.

Make casual version of the game and release it on PS360.

Make hardcore version of the game and release it on Wii.

Wat the fuck I don't even know. Anyways, NG3 is a shit game so no amount of extra bullshit will fix that.

Meier

I was shocked to see Nintendo was publishing it. Missed that during the conference since I was just focused on the over the top violence but just saw it a few minutes ago when watching their "sizzle reel" on Youtube.

Pooya

more like they trolled themselves, with the poor commercial reception of the game :p

what was their excuse for removing dismemberment? it was something funny iirc.

Top Bottom