• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Xbox is Back to the 360 Era

a boring.....hyping issue with lacking understanding with world troubles and assessment

its easy to make a hype if you are xbox fanboy the list somewhat a big waiting list with boring waiting time(that you will buy more next-gen multiplat to survive to get this games in xbox series x) what gamers needs its games..more game release not hypes or false hopes.....gaming is not a damn waiting game its a hobby not war or something fanboying a console to win

rapid32.5

If you include COVID into the equation not bad for a 6 months console, has a potential to beat 360 in games quality, hardware is already best ever.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Flight Sim is very important, cause now it's part of the list war for Series X. Although GAF haven't cared to talk about Flight Sim as much before now it really matters as we can list it as a Series X exclusive. It's very important it's not about who will play he game it's about having it in our amazing list and pointing out it's part of Team Xbox although will only try it for 15 mins on Gamepass.

Back to the 360 era, you say? 🤔
iu

Apologies in advance for that stupidity. 🤷‍♂️

Not really sure about this, in some countries it was the go to system by default for people but they're still a long way from that in much of the world outside of America. They do seem to be improving although I do feel the moves that they're making now will likely not pay off for them until the next generation of consoles. We'll see though.

ripeavocado

Banned
Absolutely not.

The 360 era has MGS made by skilled studious willing to take risk and innovate to create more and better games.

Today they are just throwing money at companies to push the game pass.

See what happened to Halo and Gears..

i dont know man... 360 was outselling ps3 month after month. well in the US atleast. i dont see xbox series ever consistenly outselling PS5 in the same way. that generation was unique in that while microsoft were doing so many things right, sony were doing everything wrong. 360 was literally $200 cheaper than PS3 while having much stronger performance in multiplaform games and getting all the marketing deals for the biggest games during peak 360 era. the current situation is nothing like that.

Flight Sim is not something that appeals to most gamers. It's a flight sim. Not taking anything away from that, but it's extremely niche and can we even classify this as much of a game?
I don’t play sim games but enjoyed the pc flight sim when it launched last year…..it’s strangely relaxing and also cool to fly around your house….there’s also nothing graphics wise that matches it in terms of tech so it is something unique

The 360 and its games weren't at the bottom of the charts.

Don't let forum hype fool you.

You should not let console wars fool you. That had more to do with market circumstances than quality of big releases.

Launched a year before PS3, PS3's price, 360 had already sold a decent number of consoles before a single PS3 sold, potentially 10 million or so, so many who couldn't wait for next gen hopped onto 360, ps3 cell being difficult to develop for, thus making 360 defacto lead platform for many games.

All kinds of things factored into the sales situation. We also now live in an entirely different games industry from the 360 days. You have digital games subscription packages like Xbox Gamepass that flip the parameters for success on its head in many ways. And I always laugh when people try to claim credit for every successful game out there. When a major AAA multi-platform sells on Playstation, it does also on Xbox. The fact that it sold more on Playstation doesn't equal "bottom of the charts" Forza Horizon is more popular than it has ever been, most popular racer in the world. Surely not bottom of any charts. Sea of Thieves has been a massive success for Xbox and Rare, Halo MCC and Halo 5 both sold fantastically. In fact, if you go by Halo 5's sales with respect to total number of Xbox One owners, it's attach rate is better than any Playstation 4 era exclusive. A game that sold 5 million copies after its first 3 months on the market according to Frank O'Conner, Franchise Development Director at 343. There's no scenario where that kind of sales performance is "bottom of the charts."

And for people claiming there's all this promotion of Gamepass on here that it feels like astroturfing. How about we look at it from a different perspective? Maybe it's many of the people trying so desperately to downplay all that gamepass is accomplishing with its quite obviously insane value who are astroturfing to a specific end. Those kinds of accusations can work both ways.

Unless you're some kind of fanboy of massive hater, who the hell can argue with Gamepass's value if they love to game? What's there to be upset about if people are happy with gamepass? It fucking spoils the living shit out of gamers!! We are able to get away with spending so few dollars per month, and yet get all the biggest xbox first party game releases added to the service at no additional cost on day one of availability. Plus we sometimes get big day one releases from other publishers, one of which is Sony themselves. And all ultimate subscribers got EA Play for free, adding even more games including the likes of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, a new hit AAA guaranteed sequels. They just dropped

Yakuza: Like A Dragon, and they showed 30 games at their showcase, and 27 are coming to Game Pass. Why wouldn't actual gamers be singing the praises of Game Pass after what the hell we just witnessed? Psychonauts 2 day one. There's a new release dropping into it every month starting now, which I believe started with Yakuza: Like a Dragon. We got Psychonauts coming, Hades coming, Forza Horizon 5 coming... shit. If saying Gamepass is fucking gaming heaven makes me an astroturfer.. shit. Pass me my fucking check.

Vasto

So yes, you play lists.
Didn't 360 have Perfect Dark Zero and PGR 3 at launch? Series X/S has had nothing 6 months in. Keep playing lists :messenger_bicep:

If Game Pass is a list to you then I play list and if Series X has had nothing in 6 months it would not be flying off the shelves.

Also Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite just killed everything PS5 has done in the last 6 months. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kevin Durant Smile GIF by Brooklyn Nets

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
I was hyped for Flight Simulator and CyberPunk.... I got an Alienware 5900x and 3080 ...

Played and Finished CyberPunk .. one of the worst most overhyped garbage games I have ever played in my life...

I tried Flight Simulator .... its beautiful.... however its not everyone's cup of team...

I bet 99% of the people prading about it will stop playing it with in minutes....

Flight Simulator is an unusual console title really, I absolutely can't wait for it but most of the people that I know are serious about this stuff and are almost constantly updating their hardware and also use custom controllers for type of simulations that they're into. I honestly don't see any of them even thinking about playing on a console even if that vesion of the game was free.
I'm really not saying that it won't get anybody to buy a console but I just don't see it doing anything of note.

KAL2006

Banned
You should not let console wars fool you. That had more to do with market circumstances than quality of big releases.

Launched a year before PS3, PS3's price, 360 had already sold a decent number of consoles before a single PS3 sold, potentially 10 million or so, so many who couldn't wait for next gen hopped onto 360, ps3 cell being difficult to develop for, thus making 360 defacto lead platform for many games.

All kinds of things factored into the sales situation. We also now live in an entirely different games industry from the 360 days. You have digital games subscription packages like Xbox Gamepass that flip the parameters for success on its head in many ways. And I always laugh when people try to claim credit for every successful game out there. When a major AAA multi-platform sells on Playstation, it does also on Xbox. The fact that it sold more on Playstation doesn't equal "bottom of the charts" Forza Horizon is more popular than it has ever been, most popular racer in the world. Surely not bottom of any charts. Sea of Thieves has been a massive success for Xbox and Rare, Halo MCC and Halo 5 both sold fantastically. In fact, if you go by Halo 5's sales with respect to total number of Xbox One owners, it's attach rate is better than any Playstation 4 era exclusive. A game that sold 5 million copies after its first 3 months on the market according to Frank O'Conner, Franchise Development Director at 343. There's no scenario where that kind of sales performance is "bottom of the charts."

And for people claiming there's all this promotion of Gamepass on here that it feels like astroturfing. How about we look at it from a different perspective? Maybe it's many of the people trying so desperately to downplay all that gamepass is accomplishing with its quite obviously insane value who are astroturfing to a specific end. Those kinds of accusations can work both ways.

Unless you're some kind of fanboy of massive hater, who the hell can argue with Gamepass's value if they love to game? What's there to be upset about if people are happy with gamepass? It fucking spoils the living shit out of gamers!! We are able to get away with spending so few dollars per month, and yet get all the biggest xbox first party game releases added to the service at no additional cost on day one of availability. Plus we sometimes get big day one releases from other publishers, one of which is Sony themselves. And all ultimate subscribers got EA Play for free, adding even more games including the likes of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, a new hit AAA guaranteed sequels. They just dropped

Yakuza: Like A Dragon, and they showed 30 games at their showcase, and 27 are coming to Game Pass. Why wouldn't actual gamers be singing the praises of Game Pass after what the hell we just witnessed? Psychonauts 2 day one. There's a new release dropping into it every month starting now, which I believe started with Yakuza: Like a Dragon. We got Psychonauts coming, Hades coming, Forza Horizon 5 coming... shit. If saying Gamepass is fucking gaming heaven makes me an astroturfer.. shit. Pass me my fucking check.

Not everyone plays more than 6 games a year and not every plays games day 1. Gamepass would be more expensive for me. Money is not a issue for me at all I'm a grown man an adult with wife and kid buying a few games away won't make me lose my house. In fact Gamepass would be more expensive for my gaming habits, as I usually okay like 4-6 games a year. And not all of those games I play day 1. For example must have games like Monster Hunter I'd pay full price and day 1, but unfortunately that's not a type of games that's on Gamepass day 1. Then I also buy games on sale not cause I'm a cheap ass it's because I haven't got around to the game and by the time I want to play said game it's under £15. So people saying Gamepass saves a ton of money it's talking out there ass.

If I got Monster Hunter and I already paid for 6 months of Gamepass my sub would be wasted as I'm busy with monster hunter as I had to pay for it. Let's say for example Monster Hunter did come out on gamepass day 1, that would still be a waste of money because I played Monster Hunter non stop for a year and no other game. With a Gamepass sub that would near enough cost the same as just buying it, but instead of owning it only when I'm subbed I can keep it forever and sell it.

So you people who keep bragging about Gamepass need to calm down not everyone is a child with a ton of spare time and low on cash. There are middle aged men who have less time as they have jobs and families to spend time with and have expendable cash to buy games once in a while.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Flight Sim is very important, cause now it's part of the list war for Series X. Although GAF haven't cared to talk about Flight Sim as much before now it really matters as we can list it as a Series X exclusive. It's very important it's not about who will play he game it's about having it in our amazing list and pointing out it's part of Team Xbox although will only try it for 15 mins on Gamepass.
There is no hype at all for this "game". The announcement trailer is at less than 400K. The thread here is completely dead after less than 2 pages and yet they always mention it in every list war. It's always the same posters trying to make fetch happen.

They will all drop it after 15 mins.

Klayzer

Star Ocean and Eternal Sanato also came out on the PS3. Even though Vesperia and Lost Odssey were awesome.

PS3 had Tales of Xillia,1-2, Symphonia and Zesteria but Vesperia on the 360 was my favourite out of them.

360 had impressive JRPG’s and Japanese games but PS3 had more Japanese games as expected

PS3 had MGS4, Demon Souls, Ni No Kuni, Valkyrie Chronicles, Yakuza 5, Catherine, Disgaea etc Some of my favourites
Early on, the 360 had the advantage in JPN games. Its wasn't until mid to later gen that the PS3 games overtook it.

Not everyone plays more than 6 games a year and not every plays games day 1. Gamepass would be more expensive for me. Money is not a issue for me at all I'm a grown man an adult with wife and kid buying a few games away won't make me lose my house. In fact Gamepass would be more expensive for my gaming habits, as I usually okay like 4-6 games a year. And not all of those games I play day 1. For example must have games like Monster Hunter I'd pay full price and day 1, but unfortunately that's not a type of games that's on Gamepass day 1. Then I also buy games on sale not cause I'm a cheap ass it's because I haven't got around to the game and by the time I want to play said game it's under £15. So people saying Gamepass saves a ton of money it's talking out there ass.

If I got Monster Hunter and I already paid for 6 months of Gamepass my sub would be wasted as I'm busy with monster hunter as I had to pay for it. Let's say for example Monster Hunter did come out on gamepass day 1, that would still be a waste of money because I played Monster Hunter non stop for a year and no other game. With a Gamepass sub that would near enough cost the same as just buying it, but instead of owning it only when I'm subbed I can keep it forever and sell it.

So you people who keep bragging about Gamepass need to calm down not everyone is a child with a ton of spare time and low on cash. There are middle aged men who have less time as they have jobs and families to spend time with and have expendable cash to buy games once in a while.

KAL2006

Banned

Thanks for the detailed response. I can now confirm Gamepass fits everyone's gaming habits and the only way to game is Gamepass. Even though people who play a few games a year having a monthly sub for Gamepass even though not all the games you usually play are on Gamepass and even though you would end up paying more Gamepass makes sense for everyone's gaming habits.

Gamepass is awesome that's all that needs to be said

In this forum we should discuss, we should make YouTube video responses.

Last edited:

Brofist

yM3lrmG.gif

Gamepass definetely has an awesome value. Microsoft conference made a huge marketing for this service, 27 games like you said.

But other people could easily prefer Forza Horizon 5 and two or three more "wow gameplays" rather than these 27 games.

It's different perspectives. And i respect both.

longdi

Banned
imo it is better.

we got the same gamers' excitement feels of the 360 era but now with Gamepass, we get great value to tag it.

a strong future ahead. methinks

Mr Moose

If Game Pass is a list to you then I play list and if Series X has had nothing in 6 months it would not be flying off the shelves.

Also Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite just killed everything PS5 has done in the last 6 months. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kevin Durant Smile GIF by Brooklyn Nets
Again, you can't play Horizon 5 or Halo yet... You're playing a list. (and it's also subjective if those two games will be better than PS5 games you can play right now).
That is a list at 6 months into the gen. Already better than the entire 360 generation. Just top it, Xbox has never looked this good. :messenger_ok:
This was your comment. PS5 has nothing to do with the topic, 360 does.
Right now, Xbox Series is not even close to Xbox 360 launch.

DJTHEGREY

I wanted to come here and say don't get too excited.... But after watching the presentation again.... They really did a good job. However if your a gamepass subscriber like myself you should really be happy. So many games will be available and if it hasn't already paid for itself for you by now it will by the end of the year. Next year is looking to be just as good if not better if they deliver on time each month.

Vasto

Again, you can't play Horizon 5 or Halo yet... You're playing a list. (and it's also subjective if those two games will be better than PS5 games you can play right now).

This was your comment. PS5 has nothing to do with the topic, 360 does.
Right now, Xbox Series is not even close to Xbox 360 launch.

At some point common sense is suppose to take over. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:
The competition of the PS3/360/wii era delivered some amazing games. Seeing Xbox deliver with some good looking content is refreshing after how disappointing last gen was for them. I'm here for all the content! I can't wait to get my hands on Halo, Psychonauts, and even Forza (I'm not even a racing fan).

I've got to run through Returnal and Demon's Souls before these games release. There are so many good titles to be played that it's honestly overwhelming. LFG!

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Your word choice, not mine...

My point is that you're clearly operating in a echo chambered world that exists outside of reality.... I'm not trying to shit on xbox but there's no question that playstation is, at present at least, ahead of xbox. So like the things you say come across as someone with light shining out of their eyes spurting sweet nothings at a fountain in the garden of xbox whilst high on shrooms
This^^was fucking stupid.

No. I'm just good at reading the signs. As you said, Sony is currently the market leader, and for good reason. They've got great games. But they aren't the only ones now. Not anymore. And that kind of shift brings change. You'll see...

Tschumi

I'm just good at reading the signs. (...)And that kind of shift brings change. You'll see...

I think you're just addicted to talking like the guy this video is making fun of:

I have been making, and will continue to make, fun of your innuendo and empty assertions. Don't really care about xbox, i just think you're a poster boy for magic mushrooms.

reinking

Gold Member
Thanks for the detailed response. I can now confirm Gamepass fits everyone's gaming habits and the only way to game is Gamepass. Even though people who play a few games a year having a monthly sub for Gamepass even though not all the games you usually play are on Gamepass and even though you would end up paying more Gamepass makes sense for everyone's gaming habits.

Gamepass is awesome that's all that needs to be said

In this forum we should discuss, we should make YouTube video responses.
I agree with you that Game Pass is not for everyobody.

I know a lot of people get better use out of it than me but I am going month-to-month when my GPU expires at the end of the year. Mostly because looking at what I have actually played on it over the years I would definitely have come out ahead just buying games. It is great to "check out" games that I wouldn't otherwise try but I seem to do a lot more download and delete than I do actually playing.

Ahh the old you must be poor or a kid with low cash reserves if you really like gamepass angle eh? I haven't heard that one in a while.

First of all, I'm 36, not some child, and I have an incredible fucking job where money is not an issue for me. I can quite literally buy 10 of whatever I want comfortably and it not remotely dent my ability to cover my mortgage and all my other financial responsibilities. But even with that being the case Gamepass is an absolute steal in my eyes for what it offers and I gladly take advantage of it. People keep bringing up the yearly cost of gamepass, but as far as I'm concerned, whether I play 5 or 6 games a year or not, when it's just $15 a month for gamepass that shit might as well be $0. That $10 or $15 is insignificant in the grand scheme of what I make over the course of just a day or two, so for all intents and purposes gamepass isn't costing me a damn thing.

But I also have no kids and no wife... so yes I do have more freedom than the typical family man. Respect to all the dads, husbands and wives out there though.

tipping derek jeter GIF

Let's stop assuming anybody who likes Gamepass is broke, because nothing could be further from the truth.

Gamepass definetely has an awesome value. Microsoft conference made a huge marketing for this service, 27 games like you said.

But other people could easily prefer Forza Horizon 5 and two or three more "wow gameplays" rather than these 27 games.

It's different perspectives. And i respect both.

I fully agree with this view also. But Gamepass is a win for both views from a pure value standpoint unless you love a game so much that you choose to buy it outright anyway, something I do often.

If you're that guy that goes for maybe those 1 or 2 big releases for the year and nothing else, gamepass works in that scenario also. I view gamepass' monthly cost as so insignificant so as to basically make it $0 in my eyes. So to me I don't see it as me paying $180 a year. It feels more like $0 per year. In any given month I spend significantly more than that $15 on any number of things I probably didn't have to, but simply wanted to spend it on. So why not $15 a month for my favorite possible hobby?

Top Bottom