• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Teknoman

Got Tearaway, Zelda lbtw, and Mario 3d world. Let the happy gaming commence!

Although i probably wont be able to play much until later this weekend...

Business

Took some minutes but this game really grew on me. At times it feels Nintendo, and that's got to be the best compliment.

Zemm

Took some minutes but this game really grew on me. At times it feels Nintendo, and that's got to be the best compliment.

If you told me classic Rare from the N64 era got back together to make a Vita game and this was it, I'd believe you, and yep that's a pretty big compliment.

Wow this game is so good, only played for a bit before work but damn the presentation is just amazing. The way they 'fill in' the tear in the paper when your fingers come through by using the rear camera is just genius, anyone else probably would have just coloured it black and left it at that, Great job MM!

PaulloDEC

Just reached
the Caverns
, which feels to me like fairly far into the game. Checked my completion percentage, and seemingly I'm only 46% done!

If the game is a short one, it sure doesn't feel like it.

Also, the
Weaponised Squeezebox
is a lot of fun to use in both action and puzzle areas. Love it.

RalchAC

Auto-quote from the Vita thread:

I've played like 2 hours of Tearaway, and I still feel like a kid in Christmas. MM has done such a good work. I was afraid I may not like the music, but it suits everything perfectly. Drawing and customizing (customize?) other characters, not only yours, is a neat idea. I've spent like ten minutes putting stuff in a pig face. I ended using some weird sun glasses, eyebrows and a lightning scar (like Harry Potter) and it looked like a punk. After that I rode it. Amazing.

For 25 euros, you can't go wrong with it :)

tmespe

So I only got to play this for 20 minutes this morning before I had to go to work. So far, this game is special. It has a lot of weird stuff that I thought I would never enjoy in a game. For starters, I hate being photographed, so the whole using the front camera stuff was really unappealing to me. Having seen it in motion though, it's fun, engaging, and it makes me smile and goof around.I found myself tipping my coffee mug, waving my finger, and making silly faces at my dude, and the other friendly papercrafts. It genuinely feels like those little buggers in the world look up to me with awe and fascination. I am usually a grumpy morning person, but that little session got me in a great mood.

e67d12cf72a3e2988cfa52d6892255bfa818e9be.jpg

The tocuhpad and touchscreen also feel natural and engaging, and I believe in a large part that is due to you being told from the outset that your world and the game world are fused, so it all feels very believable and significant. Collecting confetti and customizing my dude is fun, and I think I will do a lot of it, even though I usually never care about that in games. The feature I hadn't heard about yet, and which got me really excited, however, is the camera. It's freaking awesome that you can upgrade it with new lenses and filters. The music and voice work is great as well.

To summarize my rant, I was a little skeptical about this game, but only having played 20 minutes, I can tell that this game is something special, and a game I will remember for quite some time. Buy this game!

Lamptramp

Stills really do not do this justice. It really is a gorgeous and delightful experience.
I had been quite sceptical about the game, as I'd found the platforming aspect of littlebigplanet to be the weakest part, but an hour or so in, and the control is not an issue.

..[snip].. I am usually a grumpy morning person, but that little session got me in a great mood..[snip]..Buy this game!

I'd like to be associated with the remarks of the last speaker :)

starmud

this game has me finally feeling like i need a vita. waiting for whatever the deal will be with the revision hitting the west is getting annoying. IMO, after getting to hold one, i want it .__. if they make me wait till e3, i swear.

nampad

4 hours in and I really love this game. The artstyle and music is superb and the presentation constantly puts a big smile on my face.

I don't like that the camera is locked so often. While the camera work is well done, I just hate it when a game takes the controls away from you. Yes, you can keep your angles for presentation readons but please still let me turn the camera when I want to.
While the first levels ran pretty smooth there are some framedrops in the later ones.

I also accidentally skipped some dialogues because I wanted to clean my screen from fingerprints. They should have made skipping button only.

Finished the game, it was a great ride. The playtime was around
5-6
hours so a little bit on the short side. It didn't feel rushed though. Only a last level where all game mechanics were used more together may have been nice.

The use of the Vita inputs didn't feel gimmicky and really added to the experience.
I can't see this game being ported without big compromises so just buy a Vita all you port beggars ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm going to try and resist buying Zelda because it'll distract me from this. One at a time. (might get zelda as a christmas present to myself)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just started.

BZqn8ukCUAAugR3.jpg:large

Just a little heads-up:

I still cannot play the game after 2 re-downloads. At least it doesn't crash anymore but now it freezes through the intro. Haven't had one second of gameplay yet.

What should I do, GAF?

Hanmik

Just a little heads-up:

I still cannot play the game after 2 re-downloads. At least it doesn't crash anymore but now it freezes through the intro. Haven't had one second of gameplay yet.

What should I do, GAF?

contact these guys.. on twitter,,

@mmalex @AlexMoyet @rexbox @siobhanreddy @mousenatorx @tearawaygame @mediamolecule

whoa, what happened to your square button?

My square button stopped working the week my vita's 1 year warranty ran out. I have no idea why. i don't mistreat it, i don't use it while i'm eating, it's never been dropped or damaged. I did some research and it seems like an extremely rare issue where just one single button stops working. pretty annoying.

Fistwell

I'm riding this pig with a crudely drawn penis on one side and a stoned face winking at me on its ass this game is awesome!

Oh man, think I'm gonna pick this up today. Wasn't really planning on it anymore, but this sounds too good.

Is there any replayability?

Eusis

Hmm, realized I had a pile of PSN credit with no real idea what to spend it on since I don't think I want Killzone's Season Pass badly enough... not that I could get this right now anyway since Sony seems to not have learned the one thing Nintendo got right with their online store this gen. Better to wait a bit anyway I guess, just the positive buzz and comparisons to SM64 make this seem awfully irresistible even though I've got more than enough on my plate.

Should I bother with downloading the trial version or just buy it? I'd like to go digital but I really want to save the space for digital only titles.

Top Bottom