• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser video of Serious Sam 4: Planet badass. Full reveal at e3.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass reignites the legendary series and elevates the iconic full-throttle gameplay, massive hordes of enemies, and explosive array of weapons to the next level with the power of Croteam's Serious Engine. Please join Croteam and Devolver Digital at E3 2018 for the full game reveal and wishlist now on Steam for the latest news and updates on Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass

Shifty

The shot with the pan up over the hill is priceless.

Open-world serious sam though... That's a weird concept. Possibly co-op focused based on the number of characters silhouetted in the logo?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I just tried Serious Sam in VR with the free weekend, so awesome! Loved this series since it's first release and can't wait for Planet Badass!

VigilantEminentAmericanquarterhorse.gif

Shifty

I just tried Serious Sam in VR with the free weekend, so awesome! Loved this series since it's first release and can't wait for Planet Badass!

Which one/s did you play? I went through the first few stages of 3:BFE in VR and ended up feeling pretty bad by the end. Something about the combination of drab run-down interiors and slide movement, I think.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Just Cause just about feels like a cousin of the Serious Sam games, so I think an open world game could be great. Think that banner logo means other player characters? A battle royale game maybe?

Shifty

A battle royale game maybe?

The idea of a co-op battle royale crossed my mind. 100 serious sams airdrop onto an island and proceed to work together in order to kill gigantic armies of aliens.

Alternately, traditional battle royale with titanfall 1-style hostile AI. Kill creeps, get swole, fight other players. Hmm.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Which one/s did you play? I went through the first few stages of 3:BFE in VR and ended up feeling pretty bad by the end. Something about the combination of drab run-down interiors and slide movement, I think.

All of them ^^ but I'm not sensitive to the motion sickness so I play with the free walk on it's damn perfect for me!

The idea of a co-op battle royale crossed my mind. 100 serious sams airdrop onto an island and proceed to work together in order to kill gigantic armies of aliens.

That could be really good

Am I alone in not giving a damn about Serious Sam but desperately wanting more Talos Principle? What an unexpected gem that was.

I like Serious Sam but I'm not crazy about, Talos however is a masterpiece. It's one of my favorite games this gen.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Am I alone in not giving a damn about Serious Sam
You're not alone.

Can't say i care about SS after SSII, i also never played new games that came after the second one and don't care about the new ones at all. Maybe it's unpopular opinion, but i do think that Croteam is doing nothing more that just making the same game over and over without offering something new and exciting to play and i simply can't and won't support this. SS to me right now is like Duke Nukem - don't care about it and don't want to buy and play it, i much rather play something new and which actually worth my time and money.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
What the fuck is this shit Croteam? This is all you show? A generic earth woods type enviroment with pedestrian houses and a few enemies. This looks like somebody with a UE4 toolkit can just assemble and throw up on Steam.

What I loved about Serious Sam was the games taking place in cool temples egypt and mayan alike.

This looks like total garbage.

volcano

Neo Member
Totally agree with this guy ^^. TFE and TSE had their unique style with beautiful maps. Realistic style doesn't fit for this game. Maybe full version will look better, but now that's a piece of crap.

Top Bottom