• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech News Thread

I liked the AR helmet up to the point it starts talking about Siri, Google, Music and calls.

No fucking way do I want to listen to music while out on my bike or have other dangerous distractions like siri google and youtube ads pissing me off while i'm concentrating...at 90mph

The other stuff is cool though, rear camera etc

Ornlu

Banned
Seems like conventional manufacturing will incorporate (or be totally replaced by) what we now call 3D printing in the future. Probably not engines/electronics but all other components.

I've yet to see any kind of materials printed that can stand up to high stress, high load, or high repetition. Has that come along in the last few years?

We use a lot of 3D printed objects at work, but it's all mainly models of things you want to test but don't want to pay to have molded/forged/fabbed for a 1-off.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I've yet to see any kind of materials printed that can stand up to high stress, high load, or high repetition. Has that come along in the last few years?

We use a lot of 3D printed objects at work, but it's all mainly models of things you want to test but don't want to pay to have molded/forged/fabbed for a 1-off.
Dunno, I was thinking on a longer timeline when those technologies get improved to the point where the lines between 3D printing and conventional manufacturing start to blur.

I don't really know much about either subject.

Last edited:

ksdixon

God I need news on a new surface pro, a surface phone, or huawei's folding mate x. Jonesing for some new tech in my life.

joombo

Banned
Today the biggest companies started implementing Apple Pay onto mobile applications as Apple Pay accounts for 70% of the world’s card payment transactions, making the Apple payment gateway a must-have for any digital business. . I read about launching Apple Pay here https://spdload.com/blog/how-to-integrate-apple-pay-in-app/. It allows to accept overseas payments, since this service is available in over 20 countries.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

bzmQKCd.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
I like it, but it’s very niche. It won’t be replacing anything, lol, but that’s just Mashable’s clickbait/hyperbole silliness.

Btw, this thread is such a good idea. Seems like most tech sites these days are more concerned with spitting out politics, than they are actually covering new announcements. So a Gaf thread focused only on cool stuff is just about perfect for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom