• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techradar: Leaked Red Dead sequel map is real, takes place before Redemption

Nibel

A source close to the development of the new Red Dead game has now confirmed to us that the map is indeed the real deal, revealing that this is a "very recent" art direction map for the upcoming title.

They also confirmed that the game will be set before the events of Redemption, and that the new map is just east of the one that featured in Red Dead Redemption.

If you look at the bottom left (click to zoom) you'll see the Great Plains, home to the Blackwater settlement that sits at the top right of the Red Dead Redemption map - so you can see how the two come together. The lack of a railroad in the Great Plains, which featured in RDR, also points to this being earlier in the timeline.

Red%20Dead%20maps%20side%20by%20side-650-80.jpg

Source (Techradar)

---

Thought the colors looked a little pukey, so I tried just black & white. Easier to read now!
M8pJT4V.jpg

I'm actually glad if this is true it isn't taking place after RDR, that kinda had the whole motif of "end of an era" and it would feel cheap to have a game after it.

The 'very recent' part is important because honestly I wondered if it could have just been part of something scrapped as long as 4 gears ago.

J4g3r

Young John Marston maybe?

Before Read Dead Redemption, he was in that gang that was pretty much Robin Hood: Western edition.

Stealing from the rich to give to the poor.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm actually glad if this is true it isn't taking place after RDR, that kinda had the whole motif of "end of an era" and it would feel cheap to have a game after it.

Yep, though I guess this takes during John time in Dutch's gang since gangs are a big thing in this one based on rumors.

Before Read Dead Redemption he was in that gang that was pretty much Robin Hood: Western edition.

Could be GTA 5 style, where you can play as all the gang members including John.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No tying people up on railroad tracks, no sale.

Day 1
I never did this in Redemption, only found out after finishing the game and reading about it online. It's amazing how much stuff these games have, and that you can play them and never discover some things.

Here's hoping Red Dead Revengeance is truly real, but I won't believe it until it's officially announced.

ppl will be super hyped by this.

I guess it's finally time to play the first one...
Oh yes, it's a fantastic game! (unless you're talking about Revolver, which I haven't played). I wasn't a fan of Undead Nightmare though, it felt very inferior to the main game.

red dead redemption was such a great game. i don't like how they handled some of the side characters, but damn. this shit was a masterpiece.

Said similar on Twitter but will do so here as well:

Next one is a prequel, eh? I'm super excited regardless but wondering how powerful a narrative can be when we already know how Marston's story ends. Unless it will be completely different set of characters, which seems unlikely.

I was hoping for a sequel but am intrigued by which direction a prequel could take. Nice share, Nibel!

qatak

Neo Member

Before Read Dead Redemption, he was in that gang that was pretty much Robin Hood: Western edition.

I could see us being a different character within that gang. Rockstar seems to like cameos by former protagonists in their games.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I wonder how in the world something like this can get leaked! Someone must be getting fired over this.

Also, PC release, please?!?!

Top Bottom