• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techradar: Leaked Red Dead sequel map is real, takes place before Redemption

Prequel makes a lot more sense than a sequel if they want it to keep a Western feel. They were already getting dangerously close to more "modern" times in the last game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh man. Hype!

I can only imagine how good it will look (built for current gen), considering what they did with a 'remaster' of last gen's game.

Prequel makes a lot more sense than a sequel if they want it to keep a Western feel. They were already getting dangerously close to more "modern" times in the last game.

Agreed.

There is so much story here as well. Plenty of well to dip in.

I asked for verification, what's your point?

The guy PM'ed at least two Mods he said and they were all silent. They could've said something imo.

Take this with a grain of salt too...

I have a good friend that is a stuntman living in NYC. Has done work on Daredevil season 2 and Blindspot. He told me he met a guy who said he has been doing some mo-cap work for the game. Also confirmed that the game takes place before RDR and that he was doing mo-cap for a character who is half-Indian half-white. Never stated if he was the main character/characters or not though.

I'm sure we will hear about this game sometime this summer.

I would like that.

todahawk

Bad for Mideon's friend/dad, good for us.

Since they're thinking earlier times, wonder if it's Marston during his early crazy days.

CrazyDude

Said similar on Twitter but will do so here as well:

Next one is a prequel, eh? I'm super excited regardless but wondering how powerful a narrative can be when we already know how Marston's story ends. Unless it will be completely different set of characters, which seems unlikely.

I was hoping for a sequel but am intrigued by which direction a prequel go could take. Nice share, Nibel!

I mean the first game was set in 1911, I mean it took place at the end of the wild west.

I asked for verification, what's your point?

Tell him Agent is officially canceled. That'll teach him.

I have a good friend that is a stuntman living in NYC. Has done work on Daredevil season 2 and Blindspot. He told me he met a guy who said he has been doing some mo-cap work for the game. Also confirmed that the game takes place before RDR and that he was doing mo-cap for a character who is half-Indian half-white. Never stated if he was the main character/characters or not though.

Coolio!

I guess it was inevitable that a sequel would be made. I didn't like the first game much, despite its high production values. I don't like westerns, and the game's gunplay was just bad.

I usually don't like prequels, but I suppose in this case it makes sense. What year was RDR set in?

I wonder how many environments they'll have. The western part of RDR's map was basically Arizona and the east looked like Oklahoma. If they keep going east, maybe Louisiana?

Foffy

Banned
The events from the thread on GAF are amazing.

"It's real," said OP.

"It's not real," said OP.

Homie got a dude fired, for sure.

shandy706

Disappointed it wasn't a Resident Evil map, but super excited about RD3!!!

I usually don't like prequels, but I suppose in this case it makes sense. What year was RDR set in?

I wonder how many environments they'll have. The western part of RDR's map was basically Arizona and the east looked like Oklahoma. If they keep going east, maybe Louisiana?

They literally only have like 4-5 years before the "Old West" would be considered dead. 1915 or 1916 was the last "horse/stage coach" robbery I believe.

A prequel is best...or at least a game in the earlier West is best.

meanspartan

Guess it kinda has to take place before RDR, as that one was in the 1900s or 1910s (forget which exactly) and one of the running themes was about how the Wild West was in its last gasps.

Nibel

Thanks, will add this to the OP

The fact that the new map for Red Dead just randomly pops up on GAF was funny to me, where was I claiming this was a clear fake lol

Jito

Banned
I guess it was inevitable that a sequel would be made. I didn't like the first game much, despite its high production values. I don't like westerns, and the game's gunplay was just bad.

You heard it folks, Authentic doesn't like westerns. Scrap it all, no point in releasing it now!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I know opinions cant be wrong, but yours is wrong :p

;)

Many, many, many of your opinions will turn out to be uninformed or just flat out wrong. No, the fact that you believed it doesn't make it any more valid or worthwhile, and nobody owes your viewpoint any respect simply because it is yours. You can be wrong or ignorant. It will happen.

Good ole Google.

Hopefully since it is a prequel there won't be semiautomatic weapons. The High Powered Pistol and the Mauser Pistol felt so out of place in RDR.

Also I hope the online isn't the same dumpster fire that is GTAO. RDR's online was perfection.

Where's that dude who said that after spending so much time in the GTAForums he can't believe how people would think that the map was real?

Has Venom Fox posted in here yet?

Re post because I posted at the end of last page.

The map looks fake as shit. The map we put together on GTAForums was more detailed than this. There are three glaringly obvious facts that this map is fake.

1) Apparently it's an early "build/Devs" map, usually used to hide the fact that it's been made by an amateur and any mistakes can be brushed off as "it's an early build bruh" excuse.

Look at the logo in the bottom left of the map, (they forgot to photoshop out the pic) it has a picture of what looks like an elk, I cannot find any similar pictures anywhere else. Oh but look, the original Tall Trees area has the elk... The excuse has to be "we can only hunt elk bru".

Also look at the red outline around the map and then look at the line just below Black Water, it's clearly been eraser tooled away... How come the rest of the map boundary outline is consistent but then miraculously goes tits up at that point? The point where this supposed new map meets a section of RDR's map? A section that has clearly been photoshopped.

ZTAM5NP.jpg

The seemingly stupid mistake of a cross reference to Mafia 3 just kills any credibility for me, we didn't only just find out the name of Mafia 3's city. It was always known.

Sorry but I spent too much time on GTAForums staring at "insiders maps". There's loads of mistakes that scream fake. This guy should be banned just for not looking at the map he was "given"/ being blind.

Edit: The more I look, the more inconsistencies I see. The whole bottom right section of the map boundary is a mirror image... Rockstar getting lazy man...

Edit 2: Look at the O9 & O10 boxes. LOL.

Edit 3: Why are there coloured dots outside the boundary below Tall Trees? Green dot means town and there are two of them in a place we cannot reach...

theRizzle

I think - inexplicably - that when it was rumored that this would be the map for the new game, some people thought that the original image was literally going to be what shows up when you hit the menu button to bring up the map. I have no idea why anyone would think that, but it seems like people did.

Obviously this would be getting some art passes but I don't think it ever seemed completely unreasonable for this to be the map of a new game.

Top Bottom