• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tecmo Announces Details for Round Two of the Master Ninja Tournament (PR)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TORRANCE, Calif., July 12th, 2004 - Due to widespread interest in the new Ninja Gaiden Xbox Live downloadable content, named "Hurricane Pack: Volume I," and the overwhelming success of the Master Ninja Tournament, Tecmo and Xbox Live announced today that a second tournament will begin in conjunction with Round Two of the original Master Ninja Tournament and will be open to the public. This will give Ninja Gaiden fans one more chance to compete and win a trip to the World Wide Master Ninja Finals, to be held in an undisclosed international location. The new Hurricane Pack: Volume I downloadable content, which sets the stage for the second tournament, will give Round Two participants a new action-packed challenge with smarter and stronger new enemies, a faster engine, increased flexibility of camera angles, and a deadly new weapon called the "Boujutsu" to keep the players¹ blood boiling.

Round Two will allow Ninja Gaiden fans from around the country to register, download the new content through Xbox Live, play the new challenge, and post their final karma scores on a world wide leader board. The player to post the highest score by the end of Round Two will win a trip to the World Wide Finals to compete against other top players from North America, Japan, and Europe. More details regarding the location of the finals will be released later this month.

Starting Friday, July 16th, Ninja Gaiden fans interested in participating in the second tournament must register on Xbox.com or www.masterninjatournament.com to be eligible to compete. Participants will be able to download Hurricane Pack: Volume I, through Xbox Live on Monday, August 2nd and will have until Sunday August 22nd to post their final Karma Score on the online worldwide leader board to be eligible to win. Top players will have a chance to win a plethora of collectible Ninja Gaiden prizes including custom-designed Master Ninja and Ninja Dog Hats and Ninja Gaiden Wristbands. The player with the highest score in the second tournament will join the winner from the Regional Playoffs (see details below) and both skilled Master Ninjas will go off to represent the North American Region in the World Wide Finals against top players from Japan and Europe.

About Regional Playoffs

The top three winners from Round One of the original Master Ninja Tournament will compete against each other¹s scores during the Regional Playoffs for a chance to go to the World Wide Finals in September. Beginning August 2nd, the regional finalists will have seven days to download Hurricane Pack: Volume I, complete the game, and post their scores to be eligible to win. The regional competition will end on August 8th, and the player with the highest score will win a trip the World Wide Finals.

For the official rules, registration, and more information on the Master Ninja Tournament visit www.masterninjatournament.com. For action-packed screens and information on the new Ninja Gaiden downloadable content, Hurricane Pack: Volume I, visit the official Tecmo site at www.tecmoinc.com

About Ninja Gaiden

One of Tecmo¹s most treasured franchises is given new life in a whole new action-packed Ninja Gaiden. The player takes on the role of the powerful and mysterious ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, who seeks revenge after his clan is massacred by the Vigoor Empire.

Boasting 100% action, Ninja Gaiden allows the player to unleash their inner ninja with smooth game play, speedy battle sequences, and a variety of advanced acrobatic ninja moves from running and flipping off of walls to hanging and swinging on rails. The player also has a variety of primary and secondary weapons at their disposal that when used in a combination, create advanced weapon attacks such as damaging wall-based assaults and all-powerful ultimate attacks. Xbox Live compatibility, a host of challenging levels and visually exquisite environments, are just a few more reasons why Ninja Gaiden raises the bar in the action gaming genre.

Ninja Gaiden is available now at all retail outlets where video games are sold, with a suggested retail price of $49.99 and an ESRB rating of Mature. Gamers can order Ninja Gaiden at Tecmo¹s website (http://www.tecmoinc.com). For additional information on the game, visit the official Ninja Gaiden website (www.ninjagaidengame.com).

About Tecmo, Inc.

Tecmo, Inc., located in Torrance, California, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tecmo, LTD in Tokyo, Japan and is a leader in the interactive and wireless entertainment industries. Tecmo¹s wireless division, Tecmo Mobile, recently kicked-off its new portable prowess with the launch of its classic football game, Tecmo Bowl, available to download on select mobile phones for some hard-hitting action on the go! Tecmo develops and publishes video games and content on wireless platforms and next-generation consoles. Tecmo has gained worldwide recognition with product lines such as the brand new Tecmo Bowl for mobile carriers, and award-winning franchises including Ninja Gaiden , Dead or Alive, Fatal Frame, Monster Rancher, and Gallop Racer.

About Xbox

Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.

About Xbox Live

Xbox Live, which launched in the United States Nov. 15, 2002, allows gamers to play multiplayer Xbox games with other gamers everywhere via a broadband connection. With a built-in hard drive and Ethernet port, the Xbox console is the only video game system built from the ground up for online gaming, negating the need to buy additional, costly peripherals or upgrades. Xbox Live enables gamers to easily find their friends; talk to other players during game play through the Xbox Communicator headset; download current statistics, new levels and characters to their Xbox hard drive; and play online‹all exclusive features to Xbox Live.

Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

IGN's Hurricane Pack Vol. 1 Q&A

IGN: Explain the action engine. What exactly does it do for Ninja Gaiden. It makes the game faster, but how?

Itagaki: The action engine is made based on various elements. I cannot explain it to you in simple words, but you will feel it right away once you start playing. The exception, I can explain with words, is the new system "Technique Scroll: Intercept." The technique lets you execute an action immediately after blocking an attack with the right timing. So, if you play well, you can block the attacks which have been unblockable in the past.

IGN: Once I've downloaded the upgrade, I have to start a new game. Can I still play the original game?

Itagaki: It is possible with this version. However, it is planned that the original game modes will be completely overwritten by the final Hurricane Pack.

IGN: What inspired you to offer this type of download for free for Ninja Gaiden fans?

Itagaki: We are creating the Hurricane Pack for ourselves rather than for our fans. Our goal is to become No. 1 in the Action Game category as well as the Fighting Game Genre. The Hurricane Pack is an experiment based on that goal.

If we were doing it purely for our fans, this package might have been charged.
So, players who are going to play Hurricane Pack should understand the contents have become free because your interests and ours have met by chance. You should not complain that other game's downloadable contents available are being charged.

sim-ninjagaiden-01.jpg

sim-ninjagaiden-02.jpg

sim-ninjagaiden-03.jpg

sim-ninjagaiden-04.jpg

sim-ninjagaiden-05.jpg

sim-ninjagaiden-06.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063038267.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063037454.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063036548.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063035751.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063034860.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063033970.jpg

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040716063032220.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im in love all over again.

players who are going to play Hurricane Pack should understand the contents have become free because your interests and ours have met by chance

Lol, at least he's honest.

gunstarhero

Itagaki: We are creating the Hurricane Pack for ourselves rather than for our fans. Our goal is to become No. 1 in the Action Game category as well as the Fighting Game Genre. The Hurricane Pack is an experiment based on that goal.

Well - they already had the #1 Action game even without this download (IMO) - I'd be curious to see a 1 on 1 vs. mode (perhaps online) and judge how it stacks up as a "fighting game" - especially after this Hurricane upgrade. I'd bet it fair pretty well -

Anyway - I'm looking forward to this download more than a lot of actual games this summer! Go Go Tecmo!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
how do you make a great game even greater??? Just add a buttload of content for free!!!!!!!!!

ITAGAKI IS THE MAN!

belgurdo

Banned
I no longer have any interest in this game, but I hope they'll make a second expansion with new levels and the ability to play as other people. It'd be a nice service for the fans

Top Bottom