• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TECMO: New Title Announcement March 24

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I did a search and nothing showed up on the first two pages. Just received a press invite to come out to San Fran the week of GDC to hear about Tecmo's Secret Title.

Details are as follow (Sony related for sure)

TECMO - SAVE THE DATE - MARCH 24 @ 3PM - NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT

Please join us for the unveiling of our hot new title!

The greatest “_____” game, ever! (we promise)

When: March 24, 2009 (Tuesday)

3:00 PM

Where: PlayStation Store @ Metreon

101 Fourth St., San Francisco

Product announcement followed by 30-minute Q&A with development producer/director.

Invite-only.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Mamesj said:
I guess technically. but no Itagaki...is that really Team Ninja? no. no it isn't.
That has to be pretty insulting to the rest of the team. Itagaki wasn't involved at all in arguably their best game.

Mamesj

Banned
Sage00 said:
That has to be pretty insulting to the rest of the team. Itagaki wasn't involved at all in arguably their best game.

yeah, they must be really insulted right now.

what was their best game?

gabe90

Bebpo said:
STOP ANNOUNCING ANNOUNCEMENTS. WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS INDUSTRY
You realize this is pretty in line with calling a press conference and giving a notion of what will be announced at the press conference with no specifics.

It's not that bad an idea for something like this where it's a big name company and the press gets invited. Kinda like Apple does it. Kinda like the federal government does as well.

KevinCow

Banned
STOP FUCKING ANNOUNCING GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS. JUST ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING GAME.

Seriously, there is no good that comes from announcing game announcements. All it does is get people overly hyped up for something that will, nine times out of ten, not live up to that hype.

Whereas having an interesting looking game just kinda come out of fucking nowhere? THAT gets people excited about your game.

harSon

Banned
Mamesj said:
I guess technically. but no Itagaki...is that really Team Ninja? no. no it isn't.

I guess it's plausible, forgot they had the Sigma team who finished their game back in '07. Timing is about right for a reveal I guess... Hope it's not disappointing!

Sage00 said:
Nintendo are publishing that.
They published it in Japan. Most are saying Tecmo are likely to publish it in the other regions (if at all). Besides once I saw the bit about the Playstation Store I changed my mind.

Mamesj

Banned
Sage00 said:

Did you hit your head or something? 'cause that's the only way you could forget that the game went through two iterations on the Xbox under Itagaki.

but I guess in-battle loading times and a throw-away extra character really push it above the rest of the NG games....oh wait.

Haunted

Bebpo said:

Bebpo said:

Bebpo said:

Bebpo said:

Bebpo said:

Bebpo said:

Sage00 said:

Yeah lets forget that Itagaki was behind NG and NGB before Hayashi took it added combat loading screen, framerate issues and an extra character that totally killed the pace and made those sections a bore to play.

NG2 > Sigma IMO of course.

Synless

Phoenix Fang said:
So do I but no Itagaki = I don't care about DOA anymore.
After Sigma that his underling undertook that turned out well, and the disappointment that was NGII I could care less for him. I think his team has made those games enough that they could make the games just as well without him.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Phoenix Fang said:
Yeah lets forget that Itagaki was behind NG and NGB before Hayashi took it added combat loading screen, framerate issues and an extra character that totally killed the pace and made those sections a bore to play.

NG2 > Sigma IMO of course.
Lets forget the better placed save points/shops, the subtle and not-so-subtle alterations to the battle system and camera (shooting arrows in midair etc), more content (playing the burning village scene), new enemies, new weapons and of course the updated graphics.

Itagaki must've liked Hayashi's combat loading screens, since he decided to add them in NG2 himself, along with a few choice classics like recharging health. One hit wonder, there's a reason he had the same game remade twice.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sigma is way better than NG2. In some ways, it's to be expected-- it's a formula refined three times and NG2 is very rough (and Itagaki was halfway out the door). But it introduces some issues that it simply shouldn't have.

But it's not going to be NG. I have my bets on QT.

Top Bottom