• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TECMO: New Title Announcement March 24

GDGF

Soothsayer
The greatest football game ever. Or so they will say.

They probably bought that Backbreaker game or whatever.

StuBurns

Banned
Being at the Playstation Store makes me think PS3 exclusive, which makes me think NG2 Sigma, but it could be like Lost Planet 2, just an exclusive announcement.

This generations is quite sad, exclusive DLC is bad, exclusive demos are worse, exclusive announcements are pathetic.

Synless

WickedLaharl said:
all hayashi did was port ninja gaiden. how does that make him better than itagaki? :lol
He added new weapons and more moves. I'd say that counts for something especially since they are in NGII. I never said he was better, but I think he could handle the series on his own and do just as well if not better.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
stuburns said:
Being at the Playstation Store makes me think PS3 exclusive, which makes me think NG2 Sigma, but it could be like Lost Planet 2, just an exclusive announcement.

This generations is quite sad, exclusive DLC is bad, exclusive demos are worse, exclusive announcements are pathetic.
I think the only reason it's at the PS Store is because GDC is on at the same time, so it's close, and Tecmo aren't having any conference at GDC.

WinFonda

WickedLaharl said:
all hayashi did was port ninja gaiden. how does that make him better than itagaki? :lol
I'd say he picks up some points for not having a hardcore internet following that idolizes him over a completely transparent and faux exposition of badassery.

Synless said:
He added new weapons and more moves. I'd say that counts for something especially since they are in NGII. I never said he was better, but I think he could handle the series on his own and do just as well if not better.

The only new weapon he added was the Dual Katana WHICH was going to be in Ninja Gaiden Black anyway but Itagaki decided not to add it because they wouldn't have had time to do it. So instead he just gave Hayashi the unfinished data. It was in an interview.

Phoenix Fang said:
Yeah lets forget that Itagaki was behind NG and NGB before Hayashi took it added combat loading screen, framerate issues and an extra character that totally killed the pace and made those sections a bore to play.

NG2 > Sigma IMO of course.

so Hayashi was also the reason for combat loading, frame rate issues, awful bosses and too much bow and arrow gameplay in NG2? hmm

StuBurns

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
that doesn't win him any points where it counts. which is game development
He's capable of heading a decent port. Which if this is NG2 Sigma, is all that matters.
NG2 is far rougher around the edges than NG Black, it's less work to make an improvement. NG Sigma isn't quite as good as NG Black, but that was already an improved iteration of a game that was already very solid.

Linkzg said:
so Hayashi was also the reason for combat loading, frame rate issues, awful bosses and too much bow and arrow gameplay in NG2? hmm

Not at all but it was to me a better game. NG Sigma wasn't doing half the stuff that NG2 was doing. Also bosses in NG2 minus the chapter 3, 5, and 9 bosses were much better bosses than th eones in NG especially Genshin. Genshin alone is better than every boss in NG minus Alma.

Phoenix Fang said:
Not at all but it was to me a better game. NG Sigma wasn't doing half the stuff that NG2 was doing. Also bosses in NG2 minus the chapter 3, 5, and 9 bosses were much better bosses than th eones in NG especially Genshin. Genshin alone is better than every boss in NG minus Alma.

Genshin was the only good boss. period. And while I agree that two out of the three times you fight him are better than boss battles in both games, I still think that outside of Genshin, every other boss in NG2 is far worse than even the worst boss in NG1. And the new stuff NG2 was doing brought about more problems, like loading when you were trying to switch a weapon, or too many stupid arrow shooting segments, or parts where it was just explosives being launched at you where you could only hit and run instead of having a decent bout. NG2 was a mess and any version of NG1, including Sigma, annihilate it. Well, unless you consider Ninja Gaiden DS a version of NG1, because that's the bottom of the series.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Quantum Theory perhaps? It hasn't been announced for the US yet, and we haven't heard much about it since its reveal.

Mamesj

Banned
Synless said:

he added one new weapon. and it's two katanas.

cool, but not quite "whoa amazing"

Phoenix Fang said:

did you know that you can beat every single boss in NG2 that stands on two legs with one combo with the lunar?

I'm just gonna stop reading this thread, lest I have an ulcer.

Linkzg said:
Genshin was the only good boss. period. And while I agree that two out of the three times you fight him are better than boss battles in both games, I still think that outside of Genshin, every other boss in NG2 is far worse than even the worst boss in NG1. And the new stuff NG2 was doing brought about more problems, like loading when you were trying to switch a weapon, or too many stupid arrow shooting segments, or parts where it was just explosives being launched at you where you could only hit and run instead of having a decent bout. NG2 was a mess and any version of NG1, including Sigma, annihilate it. Well, unless you consider Ninja Gaiden DS a version of NG1, because that's the bottom of the series.

Besides the bosses I mentioned, I had no problems with the other bosses. I found Alexi, Volf, and Zedonious much more fun and challenging to fight than other bosses in NG. Personally myself I find Sigma at the bottom of the barrel. It took everything good about NGb and made it into a mess and just basically turned out to be shit for me. I played NG/NGb for over 500 hours combined and with Sigma, I must say I have a total of 40 hours and thats including beating the game on MAster Ninja. Where else I kept going back to play NGB, I couldn't do the same with Sigma because it felt like shit.

The only thing I think NGB has over NG2 is that its a more polished game technically but as far as combat, level design, AI, animation, and weapons, NG2 completely destroys it. I've beaten the game 15 times nwo and I'm still playing it on Master Ninja. I must have over 200 hours on Ng2 already and right now I'm trying to complete a Vigoorian Flail run on Master Ninja.

Mamesj said:
did you know that you can beat every single boss in NG2 that stands on two legs with one combo with the lunar?

I'm just gonna stop reading this thread, lest I have an ulcer.

Did you know you can do the same in Ninja Gaiden Black also? I mean its evident with Murai. You can wall run + jump + strong attack on Murai all day long in the corner and still get the time bonus.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Defuser said:
Ding ding ding

Quantum Theory is greatest what ? greatest Gear of War clone ?

Second said:
Ninja Gaiden Chronicles for the Wii.

yeah Wii game event at Metreon's Playstation store

next time Microsoft will go to Sony HQ to announce New Xbox360 exclusive

If it is a DOA game it's going to be rather odd, and probably twisted somehow due to new managers ideas.

I'd be interested to see that, but the series would never be the same again.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Diablohead said:
If it is a DOA game it's going to be rather odd, and probably twisted somehow due to new managers ideas.

I'd be interested to see that, but the series would never be the same again.

why ? after Itagaki they finally can sell the poor DOA games again in Japan

Pimpbaa

Synless said:
After Sigma that his underling undertook that turned out well, and the disappointment that was NGII I could care less for him. I think his team has made those games enough that they could make the games just as well without him.

caring-continuum339.jpg

Mamesj

Banned
Phoenix Fang said:
Did you know you can do the same in Ninja Gaiden Black also? I mean its evident with Murai. You can wall run + jump + strong attack on Murai all day long in the corner and still get the time bonus.

Great comeback. I'm talking about all the humanoid bosses in NG2. Not one boss here, one there. So Genshin, Wolf guy, Elizabeta, lightning guy, even the spiky spider ninja guy. Considering you fight Genshin three times and the rest twice, that's almost all the bosses in the game. Try your little trick on alma 1 and see what happens. And on Murai 2 (oh right, no walls.) And on fat cyborg guy (oops, no walls again.) GG. Bosses in NGII are trash.

level 2 or 3 lunar -> X,X,Y with some decent blocking = death to humanoid bosses in NG2. Unless they have 6000 IS ninjas with them to add artificial difficulty. But even then, if you kill off the IS ninjas in mentor, the bosses fall for X,X,Y until the ninjas come back.

horrible, horrible game.

This is a good way for devs to find out that we don't really give a shit about what they're about to announce by listing stuff we actually want here.

Same thing happened in the Capcom thread... Ugh.

Here's hoping for Dead or Alive 5 but I know that's not gonna be it, it's gonna be something I'll have zero interest in.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If they really thought that people would be excited about the game they would have just announced it and let it speak for itself. They are just setting people up for disappointment by teasing it.

Top Bottom