• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TECMO: New Title Announcement March 24

Mamesj

Banned
Scottlarock said:
or half of team ninja that left with him.

Right, I forgot that a bunch of guys left with him.

jeez, this thread just reminded me that Itagaki needs to announce his new plans. or maybe he's just enjoying his money and retiring early...

I would happily sacrifice many of you as well as a few third world countries worth of small children for a Fatal Frame on PSN or PS3 (Especially since we still do not know whether we are getting four over here or even what it will be named if it does)

OokieSpookie said:
I would happily sacrifice many of you as well as a few third world countries worth of small children for a Fatal Frame on PSN or PS3 (Especially since we still do not know whether we are getting four over here or even what it will be named if it does)

From me and the third world children:

Fuck you.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
OokieSpookie said:
That may come to pass.

Unsafe meat packing plants in third world countries with lax child labor laws-> occasional accidents that lead to "extra ingredients" -> cheap meat -> impoverished and hungry Japanese game programmers that exist mainly on cheap meat-> Fatal Frame for PSN/PS3

StuBurns

Banned
DMPrince said:
wait. did we ever think it could be a psp game?
They should port Dragon Swords.

Ninja Gaiden: Phallic Sword Play

I die a little more every time I see a PSP or DS game with the initials of the platform in the title.

GrayFoxPL

Greatest _____ game ever!

Is the key here guys. Worded like that it must be a classic gerne. Quantum Theory doesn't fit at all.

fighting

puzzle

sports

I can only hope it's fighting game, I'll cry if it end up a puzzle.

Remember when Itagaki said DOA was the best fighting game ever? Maybe Tecmo took those delusions and turned them into comertial slogan.

wouldn't surprise me at all if it was ninja gaiden 2 sigma really, they already have quantum theory and ninja gaiden sigma on the ps3...guess it was about time tecmo jumped on the ps3 wagon

StuBurns

Banned
Rhazer Fusion said:
That is what I was thinking. Fixed framerate, improved graphics, playable Sonia, a few new levels. New bosses. Maybe a new weapon or two. I'm there.
Biggest thing for me is the camera. I'm not double dipping unless they sort that shit out. Fixed position or on-rails camera, but still really close up like MGS2.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
ng2sigma.. but please fix the camera...

ooh..and framerate was shit in places in ng2(only played the game for two hours) so fix that too!

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
if they dont announce the announcment... who would come to see the announcment?
since temco will do it in a shop ... and NOT ON THE INTERNET...so....

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
To those crying about an announcement of an announcement; it's not, really. It's a press invite. When you have an announcement to make, you've got to tell the press where they have to be.

DOAX3 plz.

epmode

sankt-Antonio said:
if they dont announce the announcment... who would come to see the announcment?
The people who are personally invited to the press conference, of course. Just like it's been done since the dawn of time.

Mamesj said:
Great comeback. I'm talking about all the humanoid bosses in NG2. Not one boss here, one there. So Genshin, Wolf guy, Elizabeta, lightning guy, even the spiky spider ninja guy. Considering you fight Genshin three times and the rest twice, that's almost all the bosses in the game. Try your little trick on alma 1 and see what happens. And on Murai 2 (oh right, no walls.) And on fat cyborg guy (oops, no walls again.) GG. Bosses in NGII are trash.

level 2 or 3 lunar -> X,X,Y with some decent blocking = death to humanoid bosses in NG2. Unless they have 6000 IS ninjas with them to add artificial difficulty. But even then, if you kill off the IS ninjas in mentor, the bosses fall for X,X,Y until the ninjas come back.

horrible, horrible game.

You can do the same to Doku, Spirit Doku, the horse boss. matter of fact with the horse boss ....you can kill all the mages stay in one corner, manual charge ultimate technique and he is dead with no problem. Doku ...stay next to a wall, wall run, jump Y. Alma, Flying Sparrow her out of the air and XYYY combo. We can go on abotu this all day long if you want to. Helicopter boss just use explosive arrows, same with tank boss which was made really easy in Sigma by being able to jump with the bow and arrow. The dragon and the bone dragon boss just use your windmill which did pretty good damage if you are fast enough. The tentacle fiend ..flying swallow to take off the limbs and go into ultimate technique. Dynamo XYY with the DS or Lunar. Please man I've played the games enough to know the easy strategy for each boss.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
epmode said:
The people who are personally invited to the press conference, of course. Just like it's been done since the dawn of time.

Caspel said:
Just received a press invite to come out to San Fran the week of GDC to hear about Tecmo's Secret Title.

Hesemonni

Banned
w00t, NG2 with non-broken gameplay?

That being said this gen has taught me to be prepared for utmost disappointment if it ain't Capcom announcing something non-Wii related.

Haunted

Tempy said:
Yeah, I actually misread that as a public announcement, not a 'private' invite.

My bad.

But even if this isn't one of those, announcements of announcements still need to go the fuck away. :p

GrayFoxPL

Relaxed Muscle said:
I hope it's Ninja Gaiden: DS 2.

Best portable action game evar! Deserve a sequel, if there's any justice in this world!

Consider your hope crushed and peed on as it's gonna be announced in Playstaton Store.

Edit: I forgot psp exist. Nevermind.

GrayFoxPL said:
Consider your hope crushed and peed on as it's gonna be announced in Playstaton Store.

Edit: I forgot psp exist. Nevermind.

Actually, I wish it was on DS too, touch controls is what made the game so good.

Sage00 said:
For one, Ninja Gaiden II is their best game, bar none.

For two, how do you figure that Itagaki wasn't involved in the port of one of his games? You think they redesigned the entire game from the ground up when they ported it?

[edit]If this is NG2:Sigma for PS3, I'm gonna be miffed. NG2 is one of my favourite games. Porting it to a console I don't really own (well I kinda do, sort of), if they add new features, feels like a kick in the teeth.

[edit2]Though that said, didn't MSFT finance NG2?

Pein

Banned
proposition said:
[edit]If this is NG2:Sigma for PS3, I'm gonna be miffed. NG2 is one of my favourite games. Porting it to a console I don't really own (well I kinda do, sort of), if they add new features, feels like a kick in the teeth.
I'm sure tecmo won't announce sigma 2 now that they know it hurts your feelings

thaOwner

DMPrince said:
wait. did we ever think it could be a psp game?

You know, with all the recent announcements that has been coming for the PSP, I wouldn't be suprised at all
if it was a PSP game. I hope it is actually.

Y2Kev said:
Quantum Theory us announcement?

This would be very dissapointing seeing as how, almost everyone has known about the game for quiet some time now. If it is however, they will probably talk about a release date and possibly a demo.

proposition said:
For one, Ninja Gaiden II is their best game, bar none.

For two, how do you figure that Itagaki wasn't involved in the port of one of his games? You think they redesigned the entire game from the ground up when they ported it?

[edit2]Though that said, didn't MSFT finance NG2?

They might have financed and that is why it was exclusive to the system. However, techmo still owns the IP
and they can port the game to which ever console they please and put a different sticker on it and it would
be a completely different game from the one on 360.

My6cats

Banned
sankt-Antonio said:
ng2sigma.. but please fix the camera...

ooh..and framerate was shit in places in ng2(only played the game for two hours) so fix that too!

in one thread you said
do not listen to this man!

only if your into time attacks, witch are 50% of the achievements...
and trial and error game play :p

if i had a 360 i would imedialty buy gears and halo... and ninja gaiden 2

in this thread you are trolling ninja gaiden 2. how did you play it for two hours if you don't have a 360?
I think the announcement on March 24 is just goning to be Quantum Theory

Jim

GrayFoxPL said:
Greatest _____ game ever!

Is the key here guys. Worded like that it must be a classic gerne. Quantum Theory doesn't fit at all.

Looking at the invite email, it does looks like they purposely provided a 5 letter space.

So, my (obvious) guess is "Ninja". The greatest “Ninja” game, ever!

thaOwner

Jim said:
Looking at the invite email, it does looks like they purposely provided a 5 letter space.

So, my (obvious) guess is "Ninja". The greatest “Ninja” game, ever!

With this being a press invite and all, will the events that occur there be embargoed or you guys will be
allowed to go live with it as it happens ?

Top Bottom