• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tectoy: How Sega Consoles Still Rule In Brazil (interview with the CEO)

Komatsu

Yes, they will. Tec Toy also produced an anniversary edition of the Genesis/Mega Drive not too long ago.

mistersurrealist

Neo Member
I'm brazilian too and I've been lurking around here since 2011. I tried ResetEra, but I couldn't stand the PC stuff over there.
Anyway, I'm also annoyed by this idea that brazilians only play old consoles considering I have a Pro, an X, a Switch and a gaming PC. I also have a Dreamcast with a GDEMU board installed, a Wii U, a PS3 and an Xbox 360, but these are boxed and in the basement atm.

Saber

Gold Member
I sincerelly didn't know Saturn was famous here. The only console I saw later here was the Dreamcast and it was dead expansive.

I remember seeing Sonic Adventure cd box. At time, I aways dream to playing it.

lock2k

Banned
I sincerelly didn't know Saturn was famous here. The only console I saw later here was the Dreamcast and it was dead expansive.

I remember seeing Sonic Adventure cd box. At time, I aways dream to playing it.

I had two friends with Saturns and I almost bought one. Ended up with the PS1 but nowadays I also own a Jap Sat to play some gems.

Komatsu

One thing that kinda bothers me is that people think we are still playing old consoles and we don't even know about the current ones.
All because TecToy is still making Sega consoles.

Nobody thinks that, dude. Tec Toy is still making SEGA consoles, so is AtGames here in the US, etc. etc.

Brazil is the 13th largest gaming market in the world in terms of revenue and the 3rd or 4th when we look at player numbers. Yes, there's a huge disconnect between revenue/# of players as the country is poor on a per capita basis.

Brazilians, together with the Russians and the Chinese, have probably the worst reputation as a community ("gibe money pl0x") when it comes to online gaming, at least in the US where people can be sanctimonious about those things, but that doesn't mean the world thinks you're still playing SMS on a daily basis.

Kazza

Just saw this for the first time. They did a great job with the port:

It's interesting to compare it to the SNES version of Doom:

I would like to have seen them try to port it to the Mega CD. The scaling hardware would have helped a lot.

Top Bottom