• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

teen races his fathers "ghost" in a game years after the father passed away..

foxdvd

sort of made me sad and happy at the same time...

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motor...s-ghost-car-in-xbox-rally-game-154558866.html

Well, when i was 4, my dad bought a trusty XBox. you know, the first, ruggedy, blocky one from 2001. we had tons and tons and tons of fun playing all kinds of games together - until he died, when i was just 6.

i couldnt touch that console for 10 years.

but once i did, i noticed something.

we used to play a racing game, Rally Sports Challenge. actually pretty awesome for the time it came.

and once i started meddling around... i found a GHOST.

literaly.

you know, when a time race happens, that the fastest lap so far gets recorded as a ghost driver? yep, you guessed it - his ghost still rolls around the track today.

and so i played and played, and played, untill i was almost able to beat the ghost. until one day i got ahead of it, i surpassed it, and...

i stopped right in front of the finish line, just to ensure i wouldnt delete it.

My father never played games really, but if he did I would have loved to have ghost runs of games he played to visit years later...

shandy706

What an amazing experience.

Unfortunately my father passed well before something like this was a norm in games. He was the one that introduced me to gaming though...which I'll always have.

Seems like it would be an almost overwhelming experience.

1375874584553.jpg

Ponn

Banned
My father never played games really, but if he did I would have loved to have ghost runs of games he played to visit years later...

My dad used to sit on the couch at night and just play my old gameboy till bed time. He only played two games, Tetris and Golf. He was so excited when he beat my high score in Tetris and i'm glad I was never a dick and went behind him to beat his score. It's the only system and two games I will never sell.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I've seen this reworded and posted on reddit, youtube comments, gamefaqs, and other places the last few years. It's from the Speed Racer movie.

Top Bottom