• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen who won Fortnite championship swatted at home.

Shifty

@#$%& please 🤭 SWAT is #1 in the world and will stay that way for good..kapish..get that through your thick skull..next!
giphy.gif

Found the cop.

Snakey125

How do people get swatted again? Do you give people out your location?

Then why did respond?

1) Most likely someone got his IP and then found his address through it.
2) Fake callerID/number.

I've had SEVERAL of my friends swatted and shit is not funny at all. All it does is create a waste of police resources and time they could be handling actual calls.

Kid was lucky they had the thought of calling his residence before going to it.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

1) Most likely someone got his IP and then found his address through it.
2) Fake callerID/number.

I've had SEVERAL of my friends swatted and shit is not funny at all. All it does is create a waste of police resources and time they could be handling actual calls.

Kid was lucky they had the thought of calling his residence before going to it.
In this case they probably didn't even have to do that . His full name , city and state he is from was published when he won . All it would take is a quick google search and I'm sure it wasn't hard to find him, his name isn't exactly common (like Smith or Williams)

Enjay

Banned
Where are you getting this? The team called the house and peacefully determined they were not needed.
This is one of the rare instances though. There have been more than plenty occasions documented of swat teams throwing people down and even one known instance of a man getting headshot in his doorway.

V4skunk

Banned
I think the police should be skeptical if an over seas caller is reporting a shooting etc..
How ever say a neighbour has phoned in then I think that would be a serious matter.

lukilladog

Ahhh ok, this change everything. when it calling peacefully is other perception.

i say it because this

minute 4:41

Did any of those people sued?, because I´ve seen other people get $150k for similar stuff, false reports resulting in guns pointed at them and getting handcuffed after that; no injuries, no excessive force, no arrest... just the fact of being put in a dangerous hostile situation for commiting no crime whatsoever.

DavidGzz

I work at a 911 center. A guy tried to do this to us saying he stabbed his gf and choked her son to death. Then when the officers arrived, the dude must have been live streaming because he knew when officers arrived and called again saying he could see the officers on his cameras and he was going to blow the building up. At that point I knew it was a prank and so did the officers. Noone was hurt.

The only time police will go out of their way to catch these people that block their number is if it caused an injury/death or if it was habitual.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They violate civil rights and break the law left and right on almost every interaction with citizens, they have very poor criteria and are trained to be profesional liers.

Ps.- Obviously I´m gonna get lol faces, most people aren´t familiar with their rights and laws so they never notice all the stuff cops get away with.

You are so full of shit, mate.

lukilladog

They violate civil rights and break the law left and right on almost every interaction with citizens, they have very poor criteria and are trained to be profesional liers.

Ps.- Obviously I´m gonna get lol faces, most people aren´t familiar with their rights and laws so they never notice all the stuff cops get away with.

Why are you guys so incredulous, I can give you an example of an extended illegal behavior among cops, molesting people for "being suspicious".

Last edited:

trikster40

"Kyle "Bugha" Giersdorf, 16, of Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, just two weeks ago rose to the top of the gaming world winning the $3 million grand prize in the Fortnite World Cup, the biggest "Fortnite" tournament to date. He was even a guest on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and the "Today" show.

But this past weekend, he and his family got some uninvited guests: Armed police came to their door.

Kyle was live-streaming a game of "Fortnite" on Twitch Saturday when he was interrupted by his father who said the police were here."

"The caller told police "he was Kyle and said that he shot his father multiple times with an AK-47 and had his mother tied up and bound in the garage," said Corporal Albert Werner of the Upper Pottsgrove Township Police Department.

Police called the home before entering, and Kyle's father answered and came out of the house. "Everything was fine," Werner said.

The caller came from "an overseas area, somewhere out of the country," he said."

Well, Kyle’s mom is a bitch after all.

bLr4JA.gif

Outside of a few countries the uk and USA supply armed to this is still insane.

Having lived in Papua new gienea and worked in Kingston Jamaica I’m still apprehensive to visit the USA . As a uk citizen I have few friends that own guns - they’re all weird, but all the interesting places in the USA have police that are like the gestapo.

This isn’t unique to gaming, I just don’t understand how you can call a swat team out if you’re not in a lethal weapon film

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Why are you guys so incredulous, I can give you an example of an extended illegal behavior among cops, molesting people for "being suspicious".

You can. And others can also give plenty of examples of where cops haven't done that and behaved professionally. At the time of despatch the threat has been deemed credible, and the team are required to operate in the way they have been trained. Generalising all the police forces into one bracket is what breeds prejudice and discredits those who are doing their job correctly (even if there is an argument that a marginal majority are acting in bad faith). Making these type of comments and then positioning yourself as being unquestionably right is what leads to friction and contestation. Just contextualise your point better if possible.

Thanks bud

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Sorry for the ignorance, but aren't all police in the US armed? Headline kinda doesn't match the story as police called first and then visited. Its not like Swat came and stormed the house.

Glad it had a good outcome. Really hope they catch the caller, really need to start bringing in harsh penalties. 10 hrs jail for these Swat callers.

Having lived in Papua new gienea

Em nau! I went to Port Moresby Int High while I lived there, 3 decades ago.

Last edited:

lukilladog

You can. And others can also give plenty of examples of where cops haven't done that and behaved professionally. At the time of despatch the threat has been deemed credible, and the team are required to operate in the way they have been trained. Generalising all the police forces into one bracket is what breeds prejudice and discredits those who are doing their job correctly (even if there is an argument that a marginal majority are acting in bad faith). Making these type of comments and then positioning yourself as being unquestionably right is what leads to friction and contestation. Just contextualise your point better if possible.

Thanks bud

But I´m not generalising from that example, it´s just one of many unlawful vices most cops tend to have, even the nicest ones, their bad or good faith is irrelevant because the result is the same. I really don´t care if swatt teams are just following orders, me and my family should not be put at gun point unless we committed a crime, and being the target of a false report isn´t one, period. Swatt teams "safety" is not public concern the same way it´s not cops responsibility to keep us safe, so those streamers should go contact their lawyers and sue to get their 150k.

Ps.- I don´t care if that guy thinks I´m full of shit, it´s just his opinion, I´m fine thank you.

Top Bottom