• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles |OT| Nickelodeon made a funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamek

This is actually very awesome. Not as good as the new IDW comics, which are AMAZING, but very awesome. I can't wait to see how this ends up. Loving the ep so far.

This is actually very awesome. Not as good as the new IDW comics, which are AMAZING, but very awesome. I can't wait to see how this ends up. Loving the ep so far.

Good first episode. Little cheesy, bit that's probably inevitable with being a Nickelodeon cartoon. Love the animation and the look of the city. Far better than the late seasons of the last cartoon (Back to the Sewers & Fast Forward)...

I'm hopeful. Its a big universe to tap into. Looking forward to it.

...and yes, the IDW comics are tough to beat.

zeeaykay

Wow, I was really impressed. I really love the animation style, it's super fluid and makes for good ninja-like movements. I actually thought the humor was good as well, caught myself chuckling. Big fan of Michelangelo.

Gartooth

Uggh, we have to wait until tomorrow for part 2? Anyway part 1 was decent, it seems very similar to Teen Titans in which there is more of an emphasis on humor, but hopefully equal attention is put into the plot as well.

As far as complaints go, my biggest one is the new origin story.
Never liked Splinter being a mutated Yoshi, but at least with the 80's Turtles they explained why he turned into a rat while this one the writers just didn't bother to say why. Also there is the matter of the discontinuity with the intro. Mostly that in the intro you witness a normal sized rat putting the turtles into the chemicals, but that clashes with their origin being an accident. The other problem is that if Splinter is a mutated Yoshi, he would never be the size of a regular sewer rat in the first place.

Platy

Can I see this online anywhere oficialy ?

Meanwhile, in 1989:

C6wjJ.jpg

Listening to all the TMNT theme's together it's pretty easy to pick the good ones from the bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYraWg1tHgo

Don't like:

Season 8+
Next Mutation
Fast Forward
Back to the Sewers

Seems to be a pattern of starting out with a solid, catchy theme and then cocking it up as the show goes on (except for Next Mutation, that whole thing was just kinda wut from start to finish). Can't wait to see how they ruin the 2012 one if it runs long enough.

DonMigs85

Uggh, we have to wait until tomorrow for part 2? Anyway part 1 was decent, it seems very similar to Teen Titans in which there is more of an emphasis on humor, but hopefully equal attention is put into the plot as well.

As far as complaints go, my biggest one is the new origin story.
Never liked Splinter being a mutated Yoshi, but at least with the 80's Turtles they explained why he turned into a rat while this one the writers just didn't bother to say why. Also there is the matter of the discontinuity with the intro. Mostly that in the intro you witness a normal sized rat putting the turtles into the chemicals, but that clashes with their origin being an accident. The other problem is that if Splinter is a mutated Yoshi, he would never be the size of a regular sewer rat in the first place.

Based on the intro I don't think he's actually putting them in, he's about to pick them up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Had nothing better to do so I taped it and tried it. It was... okay. Had some funny bits, but I'm not too fond of the animation. Still better than Next Mutation, those obscure anime OVAs, and the upcoming Michael Bay produced movie (which I'm assuming will suck).

I guess I'll watch part 2.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't like:

Season 8+
Next Mutation
Fast Forward
Back to the Sewers

Seems to be a pattern of starting out with a solid, catchy theme and then cocking it up as the show goes on (except for Next Mutation, that whole thing was just kinda wut from start to finish). Can't wait to see how they ruin the 2012 one if it runs long enough.
Yeah, hard to disagree with you there. If I had to rank them I'd go:

1) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 80s Theme

2) TMNT (2003)*

3) Current Theme (2012)

* The 2003 series gets brownie points for being creative with second opening (ala updated villains, altered lyrics and female shredder).

Takao

Banned
Yeah, hard to disagree with you there. If I had to rank them I'd go:

1) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 80s Theme

2) TMNT (2003)*

3) Current Theme (2012)

* The 2003 series gets brownie points for being creative with second opening (ala updated villains, altered lyrics and female shredder).

That video is actually missing one of 2K3's openings. The third season wore a slightly different variant that acknowledged the fact that
Shredder was dead

Damn they are released more toys. Any news on what's coming down the pipeline next?

Just saw the concepts for Stockman, Leatherhead and Snakeweed. All look incredible.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Watching right now. The show is alot better than I expected.

1. It's weird to hear Raph's voice in Donatello's body

2. Donny having a crush on April? Eww.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
How much is the TMNT franchise worth?

I need a figure to make sense at all these "reboots" of the franchise. Someone thinks it's very worth it to keep trying.

MisterHero

I'm enjoying it.

How much is the TMNT franchise worth?

I need a figure to make sense at all these "reboots" of the franchise. Someone thinks it's very worth it to keep trying.
It was worth at least a billion in its prime but Peter Laird sold everything for $60 million.

RPGCrazied

Pleasantly surprised. I few nitpicks here and there. Not liking the space between the teeth thing, nor do I like how they changed April into a high schooler. So... is there not going to be one Krang? Feels weird having many. And, does Bebop and Rocksteady show up?

I laughed a few times, pretty funny. I think I'll keep watching.

I liked the first episode, but April looked really wired. My only grip on the show is what´s with all Japanese stuff in a cartoon? I mean the angry mark, !, etc... WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom