• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows trailer

V_Ben

Banned
Crikey, the video looks muddy as hell. I'm sure they've chosen the art style because of whatever dark and gritty story they've come up with, but it still looks awkward.

and this is Red Fly making it, who did a great job with the cartoony visuals on Ghostbusters Wii. Yikes.

What a fool you are. I'll have you know the new TMNT cartoon is nothing short of amazing.
heh.
You probably liked the Double Dragon reboot by wayforward as well.
You have horrible tastes, you're the last person i'd suffer calling me a "fool" for not subscribing to their delusions.

jett

D-Member
heh.
You probably liked the Double Dragon reboot by wayforward as well.
You have horrible tastes, you're the last person i'd suffer calling me a "fool" for not subscribing to their delusions.

You tell yourself whatever you want, but TMNT is a quality show, anyone who has actually watched it will tell you the same.

And Double Dragon Neon is one of the best beat 'em ups ever made.

These guys are prettier

h0LiOVt.jpg

You tell yourself whatever you want, but TMNT is a quality show, anyone who has actually watched it will tell you the same.

And Double Dragon Neon is one of the best beat 'em ups ever made.

your opinion is henceforth null and void to me, congrats.

That actually looked pretty decent from the footage. But there's still lots of room for error.

Ubisoft fucked up the entire license with shit games except for the GBA brawler.

Interested, at least.

I'm concerned that Red Fly went from making good, memorable Wii games to this, they also have a 2.5D Mushroom Men game brewing.

Should've sought after interesting 3DS licensed stuff.

ZoddGutts

Man they look derpy. It's like their trying to ape the look of the comics but without them looking cool and badass, just derpy looking.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
This looks to be based on a previous comic arc.

This game was probably in production before the Nick show premiered.

They look like they have the cartoony proportions, but have realistic textures. It looks kind of weird. Just do one or the other, don't try to do both at once.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wait? The new show is good?

Is there anywhere to stream it?

nick.com probably

It's a huge thread in OT about it.

It's a lot better than the 80s cartoon. It's not too adult but they throw in things only older fans would get.

SykoTech

Yeah, they look really bad.

While I can understand them not choosing the style of the new cartoon (even though I've grown to like it), they should have followed the stylized look of the 2007 film or something. This "realistic turtle" look is just ugly, and makes them appear kind of expressionless as well.

I'd love for this to be good. The Nick cartoon is great and has me itching for a good TMNT game. I'm not very optimistic about what I saw though.

Skilletor

nick.com probably

It's a huge thread in OT about it.

It's a lot better than the 80s cartoon. It's not too adult but they throw in things only older fans would get.

The 80s cartoon is nigh unwatchable now. I thought the most recent animated one was really good (with the ninja tournament on another planet...it's been awhile). Is the new show comparable to that?

GrayFoxPL

The 80s cartoon is nigh unwatchable now. I thought the most recent animated one was really good (with the ninja tournament on another planet...it's been awhile). Is the new show comparable to that?

Nah. New show is kinda like a sitcom. Entertaining at least.

Hightower

Banned
Thankfully there will be a demo... but I'm not digging the designs all that much.

Possibly hints of what they'll look like in the new movie?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Smash hit cartoon huh?
I have the original graphic novel sealed, took 2 buses and walked for miles to see the first film.. i think i'll take the one that looks like it wasn't made for my 8 year old nephew thank you. I can't believe you're serious. This looks good, their interpretation looks a lot better than people give it credit for..i understand people have different tastes and opinions, but yaw'll are bordering on ridiculous with your hate for it. all that needs to fall into place now is the gameplay, they have my attention, now earn my monies.

The current cartoon is probably the best TV adaptation of the property ever, and one of the best written cartoons of all time. Any Turtles fan not watching it is doing themselves a disservice. It's not grim and gritty, but the people making it love the characters and are obviously fans of the source material.

Hell, they practically recreated the Shredder fight in the first issue of the original comic series panel-for-panel at one point. (Quoted for size)

Seriously, give it a shot. I have a hard time imagining any old school Turtles fan not finding something to love about it.

The current cartoon is probably the best TV adaptation of the property ever, and one of the best written cartoons of all time. Any Turtles fan not watching it is doing themselves a disservice. It's not grim and gritty, but the people making it love the characters and are obviously fans of the source material.

Hell, they practically recreated the Shredder fight in the first issue of the original comic series panel-for-panel at one point. (Quoted for size)

Seriously, give it a shot. I have a hard time imagining any old school Turtles fan not finding something to love about it.

i don't know what it was about the picture that was posted earlier in the thread beneath a bad grab of the new game, but the pics you just posted actually piqued my interest..if there' are enough oddball enemies and fisticuffs i may get on.

jett

D-Member
Wait? The new show is good?

Is there anywhere to stream it?

It's fantastic. Not just a great TMNT show, but a great SHOW, period. It's genuinely funny and clever, with a lot of references to us old timers.

ijHOs0r7Jujjv.gif

Turtles in time, anyone? :p

HHVgUvK.gif

And can be quite badass too.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
i don't know what it was about the picture that was posted earlier in the thread beneath a bad grab of the new game, but the pics you just posted actually piqued my interest..if there' are enough oddball enemies and fisticuffs i may get on.

No shortage of that whatsoever. I had the exact same reaction to the art style, but my girlfriend made me try watching a few episodes and I was hooked. It's just the right amount of balance between new stuff and nods to the classic material.

Poona

Did you see the 2003 series? I thought that was best adaptation of the original stories (and had some dark material at times too - including Shredder being decapitated).

Anyway, just saw the trailer to the new game - so far looks really good. I hope there is some sort of co-op play allowed on the same console though.

Skilletor

It's fantastic. Not just a great TMNT show, but a great SHOW, period. It's genuinely funny and clever, with a lot of references to us old timers.

ijHOs0r7Jujjv.gif

Turtles in time, anyone? :p

HHVgUvK.gif

And can be quite badass too.

Nice. I had no idea it was any good. I'll definitely check it out.

Did you see the 2003 series? I thought that was best adaptation of the original stories.

Anyway, just saw the trailer to the new game - so far looks really good. I hope there is some sort of co-op play allowed on the same console though.

Jesus...was that 2003? I feel old as fuck right now.

TreIII

I'd recommend it, even though it's something decidedly different. Even though the 2K3 toon (pre-Fast Forward) still remains my favorite at the moment, I'm enjoying myself with this new toon.

Plus, LH is awesome, and comparable to his role in the 2K3 series.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Did you see the 2003 series? I thought that was best adaptation of the original stories (and had some dark material at times too - including Shredder being decapitated).

I did, and I liked it, but I felt it didn't bring enough new to the table. The great thing about the current show is that it's its own thing but is very much in touch with its roots. And Mikey is hilarious.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I really liked TMNT2K3's first season and then it started a non-stop journey into TOO WEIRDSVILLE and never stopped until stuff like an internet cyber-armour season pushed it past the point of no return.

So early days for the new toon, but hopefully it keeps things a little more grounded than what the other toons fell prey to.

I also never particularly understand why C-tier studios without the best ever texturing and modelling staff don't learn to love and embrace cel-shading rather than struggle to take obviously cartoony concepts and REAL-WORLD them. With TMNT2K3 games, thats what they went for a lot of the time and it was good and like the show:
rJRxj1J.jpg

2ziaxMe.jpg

Who knew! Cartoon characters look good as cartoons!

tajd

Banned
just thought of something if they sell the cartoon skins seperate ?

wonder if its even voiced by the shows talent

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
just thought of something if they sell the cartoon skins seperate ?

wonder if its even voiced by the shows talent

Judging by the likely budget, I have a very hard time believing they can afford Sean Astin. Stranger things have happened, though.

baphomet

Turtles look exactly like the ones in the new movie. It's going to be you're typical licensed video game garbage if I had to guess. Reminds me of that terrible Watchmen game.

Top Bottom