• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows trailer

Announced by Activision: It will be downloadable this summer on PC, XBLA and PSN.

direct link to trailer | HD youtube link (thanks Endless)

Does this interest anyone?

gaming-tmnt-out-of-the-shadows.jpg

trailer and image from this article

edit:
559942_143595002474027_109817384_n.jpg

(thanks Zulithe)

Endless really providing the goods for this thread:

Official Press Release
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Activision Publishing, Inc. today announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Out of the Shadows, a new, digital download-only video game inspired by Nickelodeon’s new hit animated series, will be available this summer. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is a third-person brawler game set in New York City, taking gamers through articulated, true-to-life environments filled with action-packed adventures as Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Featuring an original hyper-realistic 3D-style, gamers can experience four-player online co-op play while stomping out the Foot Clan and unleashing turtle torment on any foe that gets in their way.

With an immersive world, deep character development, and an intuitive, skill-based combat system built around combo-driven action, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows puts ‘Turtle Power’ in players’ hands.

Developed by Red Fly Studio, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is expected to release this summer exclusively for digital download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PlayStation®Network, and PC via Steam. This title is rated PEGI 16.

jmls1121

Banned
It could be amazing, but the fact that is 3D AND downloadable means its going to be gimped in some way. I have no basis for this, just going on my gut feeling.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I guess I shouldnt have this stigma, but downloadable with this kind of license suggests rushed and low quality.

Oh:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will be developed by Red Fly Studio, the team behind Thor: God of Thunder and the Wii ports of Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Maybe one day TMNT will get the Arkham Asylum or Fall of Cybertron licensed game quality treatment :/

kitsuneyo

The stream quality is bad for me, I can't really judge the graphics too well.

After XBLA Turtles in Time it would take a lot to convince me to play another TMNT game.

Turtles look like actually turtles which is kind of creepy. I prefer the stylized look of the 2012 series.

I actually love the look of the new turtles cartoon. Those turtles look odd. I wish the rumor of Rock Steady making a Turtles game came true. An open world game with Batman combat would've been awesome.

that looks really good but i shall not be tricked, it would be nice to get a ninja turtle game that is open world and has the fighting mechanic of sleeping dogs

jett

D-Member
Art style looks like complete garbage, should've looked like the cartoon. How can a developer fail so hard?

NEO0MJ

Not expecting much, but will keep an eye out. And damn, even a downloadable turtle game won't appear on Wii U.

antitrop

Maybe. I wasn't appalled by it, and I'm not used to not being appalled by things related to TMNT these days.
Well, I certainly wasn't appalled by it either, it was only like 10 seconds of gameplay.

I'm assuming the more we see about this, the more we will realize it will suck.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well congrats Red Fly on a hideous art-style when a good low-poly one was already laid out for you:
S6Npmxy.jpg

Gy36osW.jpg

Gritty and realistic to coincide with the not gritty and not realistic smash hit cartoon. Smarts!

jluedtke

Well congrats Red Fly on a hideous art-style when a good low-poly one was already laid out for you:
S6Npmxy.jpg

Gy36osW.jpg

Gritty and realistic to coincide with the not gritty and not realistic smash hit cartoon. Smarts!

Yeah...why not go for the Nickelodeon cartoon look? It's perfect for a game!

RkOwnage

Wish the rumors about Rocksteady games working on this franchise had become a reality. Weird art style and "Activision" make me say no...

:(

Chairhome

The models look pretty bad, but everything else looks nice. Hoping for Co-op. Hopefully they have time to make it look like the nick one instead. The nick series is the best cartoon. Seriously.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Looks decent enough. Maybe they're saving the show's art style for LEGO TMNT a different game?

giggas

Holy shit the Turtles look absolutely hideous in that.

I actually really liked RedFly's Ghostbusters on Wii, but a downloadable game from Activision? My sentiments echo the others in here - will likely be junk.

S6Npmxy.jpg

Gy36osW.jpg

Smash hit cartoon huh?
I have the original graphic novel sealed, took 2 buses and walked for miles to see the first film.. i think i'll take the one that looks like it wasn't made for my 8 year old nephew thank you. I can't believe you're serious. This looks good, their interpretation looks a lot better than people give it credit for..i understand people have different tastes and opinions, but yaw'll are bordering on ridiculous with your hate for it. all that needs to fall into place now is the gameplay, they have my attention, now earn my monies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm in.

Still wish that Rocksteady game was real...
And I was SURE the next TMNT game would be Lego based.

Skilletor

Smash hit cartoon huh?
I have the original graphic novel sealed, took 2 buses and walked for miles to see the first film.. i think i'll take the one that looks like it wasn't made for my 8 year old nephew thank you. I can't believe you're serious. This looks good, their interpretation looks a lot better than people give it credit for..i understand people have different tastes and opinions, but yaw'll are bordering on ridiculous with your hate for it. all that needs to fall into place now is the gameplay, they have my attention, now earn my monies.

Just about every TMNT adaptation has been made for your 8 year old nephew.

gunstarhero

Ug - give me the new TMNT designs over those... things.

These guys look like what I imagine the upcoming Michael Bay movie. Gross.

Top Bottom