• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection - Reveal Trailer

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-cowabunga-collection-711849.14.webp

My honest opinion... Its a Awesome Cover art

tygertrip

Oh man, the quarters I spent on the arcade TMNT back in the day. I've got great memories of playing with 3 other people, with a crowd growing around us growing larger and larger the closer we got to the end! It's a shame, the younger generation will never know what the arcade experience was like, in it's prime.

tygertrip

Of course, The Arcade in most cases are superior, same could be said for both Turtles in Time and Final Fight.

For Final Fight, they cut too way too many content, like cutting a whole level and boss(Rolento), cutting one of the protagonist(Guy), no co-op as you've mentioned, meaningless censorship, delayed hit detection compare to arcade and lastly only three enemy on screen at the same time, making the game less enjoyable. And don't even get me started on you have to start the entire level over for continue instead of continue where you left off.

The Arcade version of Final Fight is a complete difference experience.

BTW, good to know there are lots of retro gamers lurking here:messenger_heart:
Yea, the SNES adaption of Final Fight was SOOO disappointing. It just wasn't FF without co-op and hordes of enemies on-screen.

tygertrip

I will counter argue and say those changes make SNES Final Fight a better game. The cut stage is a bullshit quarter munching stage so the game actually improved with it's removal. And the less enemies I feel also gave the game better balance and playability. I was severely disappointed when I finally had the chance to play the arcade version... I haven't played in a while though, so I should probably give it another go.

Does suck to lose a character but I play Cody anyway lol

I'm also of the belief that the SNES Turtles in Time Is better too, for similar reasons (better balance), but also the gameplay itself is not the floaty crap both TMNT arcade games suffer from.
You want to throw hands???? I'll fight ya, mate!
😡😤😡😤
😉

93xfan

Banned
We need the Sonic and Mario collections on all consoles. I don't care how it gets done, it needs to be done. I would love to play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on my PS5. Also, would love to play Mario on there.
Still have Sonic 3 and Knuckles on my Xbox. So glad I got it before it was delisted

tygertrip

This looks really good. I played a lot of TMNT arcade online on Xbox 360. One of the big reasons i never got rid of the system too.

Hopefully they limit how many continues you get here as well (i think it was 20 lives on 360). It makes it way more fun when there is a challenge.
Yea, it changes the game completely. Unlimited continues take a lot of the fun out of it. It worked in the arcade because there was the tension of spending more money.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
100% agree they need to limit continues in at least one mode of play. Otherwise, we are just walking through video-game assets and swatting flies out of the way.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I'm so stoked for this collection to release.

Not game related but did anyone have this back in the day?

My grandma got it for me, it was so fucking cool. Audiobook that went along with the comic.

Just give it a listen for a bit and imagine owning this when you're like 6 years old. Absolutely mind blowing.

I didn't have the tape (had a version of this for empire strikes back though) but I DID find my pizza hut "TMNT VHS Tape 1" last week. I must have watched that 1 trillion times as a kid.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I snagged a preorder for the Switch CE. It looks awesome to own, but then I realize it’s $150 for a game that is $40 for the standard version. I’m paying for the small little trinkets. Stuff that is probably made of low grade material. $110 of stuff. A book with Wikipedia article worth of content for each game, cards that wouldn’t be considered collectables outside this collection, and a statue that would look super weird if it was sold by itself. Why does the Switch version sell out before the other versions? Because it’s Nintendo and TMNT is a huge part of their legacy for some people. Otherwise it looks cool. For that price you’d think they throw in a VHS tape or something. Those art books are never impressive because you get such small samples compared to the book that gets released separately. I’ll keep my preorder, but they make people feel like a bunch of tools. I also have to wonder why all these game companies make the same CE and LE’s.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I'm so stoked for this collection to release.

Not game related but did anyone have this back in the day?

My grandma got it for me, it was so fucking cool. Audiobook that went along with the comic.

Just give it a listen for a bit and imagine owning this when you're like 6 years old. Absolutely mind blowing.

Yes! I think there were two of them and the voice acting was solid. I love it whenever anyone produces a full on radio play of anything with a full cast instead of just one narrator doing all the voices. Star Wars Radio Drama case in point:

Rayderism

I still remember playing Turtles in Time on SNES when it was a new release. I was happily putting the beatdown on the foot clan when suddenly I flung one of them towards the screen. Back then, that was the coolest thing I ever saw in a SNES game. Still pretty damn cool to this day.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Throw a bunch of old ROMS on a disc and you guys are happy.

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.
There's all kinds of additions though.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection assembles thirteen classic TMNT games by KONAMI in one incredible package. This collection provides a unique opportunity for gamers to experience these immensely popular and very influential games on modern consoles and includes a fantastic set of new quality of life features including Added Online Play for certain games and Local Couch Play, Save Anytime and Rewind, Eleven Japanese Regional Versions, Button Mapping, Unique Development Art & Sketches, Historic TMNT Media Content."

This is how collections should be done. All for $40 too, well worth the price IMO.

Orta

Banned
Am i the only one that likes the nes game i love the music from it. Looking forward to replaying it , just can’t decide wether to go switch or ps5 . Hopefully the quality is equal on each sysyem.

It was a great game. Holds special memories for me as it was the first 'proper' videogame I owned after enduring a few years of absolute drivel on the Atari 2600.

It and my exotic new NES on Christmas morning 1991 was one of the highlights of my childhood.

Think I got as far as the Air Hangar levels at the end of my first day. Took about two weeks solid play to finally complete it.

It's the main reason I'm buying this collection.

Last edited:

Crew511A

Please stop having unapproved fun thank you

I think the state of the games industry has caused this. There really isn't a whole lot else to get excited about. Other than Sniper Elite 5 and the new TMNT game, there's nothing else on my radar.

Top Bottom