• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teens React to BAYONETTA 2

It's weird that the game has gotten so much attention so long after launch. PewDiePie put out a few videos that seemingly raised the price up on amazon.
The game is pretty fantastic so it's good to see it still getting the attention it deserves.

munchie64

It's weird that the game has gotten so much attention so long after launch. PewDiePie put out a few videos that seemingly raised the price up on amazon.
The game is pretty fantastic so it's good to see it still getting the attention it deserves.
Wow really? That's awesome. He usually drives sales up nicely.

Eolz

This. Hopefully will give a better push on the publisher side for Bayonetta 3!

Sesha

Neat. I bet they did this as a reaction to Pewdiepie's playthrough. Like the others said, this will drive more attention to the game, which is great. Even if people won't buy Bayonetta 2 in droves or Wii Us to play it, it will get people talking and increase demand for the series and the character.

It would be interesting to see how Bayonetta 1 and 2 places on Amazon's sales rankings changed before and after Pewdiepie and the React channel's videos.

Wow really? That's awesome. He usually drives sales up nicely.

Yeah. He played the entire game through. Until Dawn saw a massive bump in sales after he, Markiplier and others played it.

-shadow-

As much as I can't stand Pew personally, I'm actually somewhat glad he did the videos. Really gave some much needed exposure to the game and I'm really happy that the game seems to be given some positive attention now also with the clearly being a reaction (eheheheh) to his videos. Also, funny how shocked they are at the nudity and it being Nintendo (and that one guy because it's Nintendo).

But why the hell do they all, except one guy, use the touchscreen!?

zhixson

Aaannnnddd... now I gotta play through this again.

Also, the whiny commentary from a couple of the players and their daring to dog this game at all (how dare they!) made me die a little inside.

Neoxon

With all the exposure this game is getting (not to mention Bayonetta in Smash 4), I hope Nintendo funds Bayonetta 3.

NateDrake

Stupid teen saying the game isn't fun to play while using touch controls. They seemed to like Bayonetta as a character.

*uses the touchscreen for most of the gameplay*
"Looks really cool, but the game isn't fun to play"
��
*Bayonetta uses a power she's always had to take out a boss*
"That's a deux ex machina if I've ever seen one"
����
That guy that switched to button controls is cool, tho

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
God the touch control thing is so lame. That one kid who was like "action game, i need my buttons" is bro tier.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That was actually pretty amusing. And I had no idea you could play the game with touch controls. I mean, it's completely missing the point, but... yeah.

SkylineRKR

Kids being so annoyed by sexualization nowadays. I don't remember that from my own era. We just didn't give a damn, though, graphics weren't as good as they're now obviously. There was Dead or Alive, Tomb Raider and a few others... no one I knew was annoyed but just found the games kick ass.

Also, not fun to play? I'd try non touch controls before I would make a verdict. Kids are spoilt by hand holding. On the 8 and 16-bit consoles and PC there was a lot to figure out yourself.

> not fun to play
> uses touch controls

99b9fc13b88c2b0dc0baaa4d64d72d1f.jpg

Ezalc

Feel like this one was disingenuous since the guys didn't bother to explain anything from the game after they were finished playing. Giving some context afterwards to Bayo's power, personality, and the game's overall style could have helped to give these kids some more insight into why some of the things happened.

Did they run out of old things to show teens? Why are they showing a game that just came out which is targeted towards these kids? Why would I want to see them "react" to a current product? I don't understand the internet anymore.

SystemBug

Kids being so annoyed by sexualization nowadays. I don't remember that from my own era. We just didn't give a damn, though, graphics weren't as good as they're now obviously. There was Dead or Alive, Tomb Raider and a few others... no one I knew was annoyed but just found the games kick ass.

Also, not fun to play? I'd try non touch controls before I would make a verdict. Kids are spoilt by hand holding. On the 8 and 16-bit consoles and PC there was a lot to figure out yourself.

these pesky kids caring about portrayal issues

Sesha

Did they run out of old things to show teens? Why are they showing a game that just came out which is targeted towards these kids? Why would I want to see them "react" to a current product? I don't understand the internet anymore.

This is a separate channel from the standard channel which hosts the regular Kids/Teens/Elders react, and essentially does PewDiePie-esque videos about gaming, song lyrics, and other things.

Astral Dog

i dont understand, it recently got a reprint at $30

Mesoian

Pewdipie is the devil we know. Game marketing in 2016 is strange and unpredictable

zoukka

Well this is great, it shows that humanity is making progress.

Deadly

Feel like this one was disingenuous since the guys didn't bother to explain anything from the game after they were finished playing. Giving some context afterwards to Bayo's power, personality, and the game's overall style could have helped to give these kids some more insight into why some of the things happened.
Yeah the ending was strange. The impressions and the dude explaining everything is usually longer but there was basically nothing this time.

Top Bottom