• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teh Warrantey Valloided! (56k make a sammich)

Nos_G

So I finally got my Arctic Cooler Rev3 for my Radeon 9800pro, here are some pics:

stockfan.jpg

arctic1.jpg

arctic2.jpg

Oh and my card has the 360 core... softmod get!

Oh and UT2k4 tonite?

IJoel

r0x!

I want an X800XT. What the fuck is ATI waiting for to manufacture them in mass? I'm tired of waiting.

Nos_G

Yeah no kidding... I was going to grab a x800pro if things didn't work out. those push tabs on the stock fan were really hard to pull out.

There was a bit of struggle getting the stock fan off and I thought I had fubared my card up for sure... the computing gods were looking out for me. ;)

i did that last feb

mostly because the 9800 pros are mini heaters and I didnt want my cpu to melt :D

edit also I nabbed a pair of needle nosed plaiers before I did my mod

it went great except I totally pulled of the plastic housing the fan power cord plugs into (right off the mainboard) luckily it stuck back on no problem :p

did u use the temp sensor?

me I installed the fan control panel on the back of the case and cranked it too 5500 rpms and havent looked back :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
IJoel said:
r0x!

I want an X800XT. What the fuck is ATI waiting for to manufacture them in mass? I'm tired of waiting.

we have them in canada already ? :/ it's awesome that the computer store i go to always gets everything first in canada :D Since it's ATI it's safe to assume it's the first place that got them, period. :) www.pccanada.com

welp that didn't last long LOL

sold out :'(

Nos_G

ZombieSupaStar said:
i did that last feb

mostly because the 9800 pros are mini heaters and I didnt want my cpu to melt :D

edit also I nabbed a pair of needle nosed plaiers before I did my mod

it went great except I totally pulled of the plastic housing the fan power cord plugs into (right off the mainboard) luckily it stuck back on no problem :p

did u use the temp sensor?

me I installed the fan control panel on the back of the case and cranked it too 5500 rpms and havent looked back :D

No I didn't use a temp sensor... :(

And to increase difficulty in installing the damned thing, I didn't have needle nose pliers, so I just subsitituted with cutting pliers... the back tabs of the stock fan are non existant mainly because those damned pins didn't want to fully come off.

Top Bottom