• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 3D Prime Edition for 3DS...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Noisepurge said:
meh :p I think i will just wait for the Vita version for my handheld needs, atleast the d-pad shouldnt be as horrible. A big push for Tekken lately with Tekken TAG HD, TAG2, Tekken Hybrid, Tekken Wii U, Tekken 3D, SF x Tekken...

Aren't posts like this equivalent to... you know... sending down the hammer?

It'll be a day one purchase for me. I'm MORE than willing to invest 30-40 dollars for a quality game with quality production values.

My days of tossing birds is fuggin over....

The Abominable Snowman said:
ME0001433930_2.jpg

new OH YOU picture?

Alrus

I'll buy this, I haven't played tekken in ages, and it looks great. Hope it really runs at 60 fps in 3D, that would be awesome.

Ookami-kun said:

Port begging rules haven't been enforced for a while now.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Namco are killing it in terms of Tekken content:

Tekken Hybrid (includes Tag, Tag 2 prologue, movie)
Tekken 3D Prime Edition (includes new game and movie in 3D)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken x Street Fighter
Tekken 7 is also in development for arcades

Capcom, sit up and take notice of this before releasing your next incremental update to SF.
I think the only reason Namco has like 7 Tekken games in development because T6 was far and away their best seller last fiscal year.

Mammoth Jones said:
It'll be a day one purchase for me. I'm MORE than willing to invest 30-40 dollars for a quality game with quality production values.

My days of tossing birds is fuggin over....
Subtle.

Namco gave me Tekken Bowl for free on iOS, so they're playing both camps, btw.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Namdai likes breaking my bank, over and over again!
The movie was friken awesome, 100x better than the live action, so base your decision on buying this for it.

Whoever didn't like CGI the movie, probably wasn't a fan of the series in any way.

Wazzim

Banned
AzureNightmare said:
3DS is quickly becoming a haven for awesome fighting games. Me likey.
3 ports is fighting game haven? lol ok.

Game looks pretty good for the 3DS but I don't really see the point of releasing it without new content, we already have Tekken 5 DR and 6 on the PSP for Tekken on the go. Something like online play would be cool.

AwRy108

Wazzim said:

Game looks pretty good for the 3DS but I don't really see the point of releasing it without new content, we already have Tekken 5 DR and 6 on the PSP for Tekken on the go. Something like online play would be cool.

I approve of this post.

Wazzim said:

DOA is a port? didn't know

Truth101

Banned
Wazzim said:

This isn't a port.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Anasui Kishibe said:
DOA is a port? didn't know

Nor did I... What is this 3DS: Revelations?

I think not, DOA: Dimensions is certainly not a port.

Loonz

Wazzim said:

It could have none, that's worse. SSF4 3D is a high quality port of a fine game, DoA as far as I know is not a port (more of a compilation with new elements) and this Tekken is new. These games are nurturing a fanbase for this kind of games on the 3DS, which I approve.

Seriously, there are many things one could complain regarding the 3DS, but the fighting games on it... they are the best. I love them and I plan to buy any single one of them, as long as they're quality. And the offerings discussed here are quality.

Loonz said:
It could have none, that's worse. SSF4 3D is a high quality port of a fine game, DoA as far as I know is not a port (more of a compilation with new elements) and this Tekken is new. These games are nurturing a fanbase for this kind of games on the 3DS, which I approve.

Seriously, there are many things one could complain regarding the 3DS, but the fighting games on it... they are the best. I love them and I plan to buy any single one of them, as long as they're quality. And the offerings discussed here are quality.
BBCS2 must be pretty bad then :/

sfried

AzureNightmare said:
3DS is quickly becoming a haven for awesome fighting games. Me likey.
I'm definitely going to get this since I've never played Tekken, and the 3DS is starting to look like a fighting game schools-of-thought console. I already have SSFIV3DEd, DOA:D, BB:CCII.

I heard the developers were aiming for 60fps in 3D mode for this one. Make it happen. Hopefully that will urge Capcom to further improve their MT Mobile Engine in time for SSFIVAE20123DEd DLC.
Noisepurge said:
i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but i think it is a valid argument when it comes to fighting games :/
Sorry it ain't valid here. The 3DS pads are comparable to the DSi's, and those, IMO are some of the best pads. Appart from the glossiness, it's miles better than the wedge-shaped D-pad of Sony controllers.

Frankfurt

Banned
There aren't any full-length 3D movies on the 3DS so far, right? Is the screen decent enough to make it worthwhile to watch a movie on it?

Also, is there any update on when 3D movies are being available to the 3DS?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Andrex said:
Dayum, goin all out. Wonder what got Namco all buddy buddy with Nintendo all of a sudden.

3DS has been the console where they sold more last quarter, if I remember correctly

sfried

Frankfurt said:
Also, is there any update on when 3D movies are being available to the 3DS?
I'm guessing that's Netflix's call as it was part of their 3DS press release.

For now I don't mind a CG flick if it does not intrude on the quality of the actual game, just like Galaga/Pac-Man Dimensions, and that was a good collection that had that wierd Pac Man short in it.

Takao

Banned
Ookami-kun said:

To be fair though, given Scamco can just downscale their PS360 models, and the fact that Tekken had 2 iterations on PSP a Vita Tekken is very, very likely.

Looks really impressive. 60fps, polygonal backgrounds, plus a free movie. And unlike Namco's Ridge Racer fail, it actually looks like a visual improvement over the PSP counterparts.

3DS has built up a respectable fighting library pretty quickly. Within its first year, it's already gotten SFIV, DOA, BlazBlue and is getting Tekken and Smash Bros.. Already demolishes the entire DS fighter catalog.

Top Bottom