• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 3D Prime Edition for 3DS...

Ydahs

Game looks great. Haven't played a Tekken since PS1, but I might get this if it's reviewed well.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Graphically it looks amazing (and in 3D 60FPS too!)

Too bad that I hate Tekken's gameplay (Why not Soul Calibur?!)
Woah, really? That would be quite an achievement.

Teknoman

Nuclear Muffin said:

Wait, was that confirmed, because DOA looks awesome on the 3DS, but when i switched to 3D, the framerate seemed a little lower than 30.

Erethian

Teknoman said:
Wait, was that confirmed, because DOA looks awesome on the 3DS, but when i switched to 3D, the framerate seemed a little lower than 30.

That's what Namco were telling people at E3.

meh :p I think i will just wait for the Vita version for my handheld needs, atleast the d-pad shouldnt be as horrible. A big push for Tekken lately with Tekken TAG HD, TAG2, Tekken Hybrid, Tekken Wii U, Tekken 3D, SF x Tekken...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Teknoman said:
DoA is a First Gen title...do you expect those to push the hardware ;-)

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
radioheadrule83 said:
This kind of makes me want Capcom to do a Resident Evil Degeneration pack-in or something

Knowing Capcom they would just sell the movie on it's own for $40 or something.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
wrowa said:
Am I the only who thinks that including the movie makes it seem like a half-assed game?

Nope, expecting customers to spend 40 bucks on handheld games wont be that that easy so they have to step up their game if they wanna sell at least some copies...im in for more content and 3D extras.

wrowa said:
Am I the only who thinks that including the movie makes it seem like a half-assed game?

I think it makes perfect sense since it is a 3D handheld and a 3D movie. A smart way of making a bundle and therefore justifying the 60$ pricetag more for a fighting game :D

kinggroin

Banned
Outside of missing shadows (could explain the 60fps in 3d), this looks dangerously close to looking like a vita game. I'm glad too; completely forgot the 3DS has some horse power under the hood.

Luigiv

Erethian said:
That's what Namco were sort of showing people at E3.
Fixed. They had a tech demo at the show and it was running 60fps 3D. Whilst the gameplay systems weren't completely in place in the tech demo, it did have a good vertical slice of graphics, animation and collisions in place, which means that there isn't anything to be added to the final game that will major effect on performance.

@MUWANdo

Banned
wrowa said:

More than likely they're bundling it with the game (and TTT on blu-ray) in order to justify making a CG movie about a fighting game in the first place.

beje

Banned
You can really see the difference now between first gen dev kits (less RAM, some based on Tegra 2) and current ones. While being a graphical beast for the 3DS, DoA:D has really blocky and low-res textures here and there. Tekken in exchange has a very rich texture work.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems to be better than the PSP one graphically, right?
Lots of shaders,a bit richer polygonal models, and obviously 3D, right?

PSGames

Wow. The graphics look fantastic!

Nuclear Muffin said:

I think Mario Kart is the only other game to confirm 60fps 3D. Can't wait!

French

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
No. This looks closer to Tekken 6 for sure.

Lol, no.

ME0001433920_2.jpg

ME0001433927_2.jpg

ME0001433930_2.jpg

French said:
Lol, no.

img]http://cdn.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/43/39/ME0001433920_2.jpg[/img]

IMG]http://cdn.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/43/39/ME0001433927_2.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://cdn.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/43/39/ME0001433930_2.jpg[/IMG]

what the hell???

beje

Banned
PSGames said:
Wow. The graphics look fantastic!

I think Mario Kart is the only other game to confirm 60fps 3D. Can't wait!

This game was confirmed (and demonstrated) as 60fps 3D as well when it was still a tech demo. It was a realtime rendered scene where you could move the camera around and push buttons to trigger a scripted short fight between the characters. Tech is there and working, let's just hope they don't end up dropping the feature.

Edit: You have the whole set of images here:

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/59419...traciones-y-video-de-tekken-3d-prime-edition/

It's a shame the jpg artifacts are so bad.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mpl90 said:
It seems to be better than the PSP one graphically, right?
Lots of shaders,a bit richer polygonal models, and obviously 3D, right?
Here are Tekken 5, Tekken 3DS, Tekken 6 PSP, and Tekken 6 Console.

I tried to pick screens with the UI on so we don't compare cutscene mode. (Thanks to gogogow for the PS2 image.)

Xvc2n.jpg

ME0001433927_2.jpg

tekken-6-20091112080947511_640w.jpg

tekken-6-screens-20090918093945134.jpg

ShinNL

Noisepurge said:
meh :p I think i will just wait for the Vita version for my handheld needs, atleast the d-pad shouldnt be as horrible. A big push for Tekken lately with Tekken TAG HD, TAG2, Tekken Hybrid, Tekken Wii U, Tekken 3D, SF x Tekken...
This shit needs to stop in 3DS threads.

Amazing, 3DS kicking butts and taking names.

Great graphics, 3D and 60fps, yaaaasss!

Noisepurge said:
meh :p I think i will just wait for the Vita version for my handheld needs
You keep waiting for that boo.

Top Bottom